(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,023 posts
  • 930 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rwalters21
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,023 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 361.
#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The majority of Coinop's sales are to Europe where prices are much higher on vids and pins.

Pricing over there is insane which is probably why they buy by the container load from here. Maybe we need to start selling our machines to those guys lol. Most of them buy at what seems to be almost any price no questions asked and as is. Crazy

#7052 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The majority of Coinop's sales are to Europe where prices are much higher on vids and pins. You can either pay a premium to buy from their large selection and convenience factor, or spend a lot of time networking with other collectors to get what you want.
I recently bought a couple of pins from coinop. One was a really rough non-working project, but I was ok with that. The next week they sold the same title in really beautiful condition, goes into attract mode, lights up, etc....for $100 less than they charged me. Buyer beware as their pricing is not consistent. I won't do business with them again.

Their pricing isn't consistent because they buy at what price they buy and then mark up to make a reasonable profit. As with all purchases, check their price, check the condition, see availability and price from other sources. Some things they are way overpriced on and others way underpriced on. But yes it's all projects. They saved me the time of driving all over the state for pins and I found their finders fee quite reasonable all things considered

I just bought a Gottlieb Marathon for $380 from them. 1955 woodrail owned by all of 3 pinsiders, decentish condition, no gameplay videos at all, no ratings even on ipdb. 750 made and last of woodrails to have wooden legs. Now where the heck am I going to buy that machine from other than them ? Flash Gordon project, good cab, good backglass, worn playfield $800. That was worth it to me. Would have been gone from Craigslist in a heartbeat.

#7053 6 years ago

Gameroom garage is Ok. There's several arcade and pins throughout the place ranging from rough to good players condition. I didn't see anything that i thought was a deal though.

#7054 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Gameroom garage is Ok. There's several arcade and pins throughout the place ranging from rough to good players condition. I didn't see anything that i thought was a deal though.

I gotta get up there - I'm more interested in some of the other stuff they have going on there - neon signs, stuff like that. The pinball is what it is in that place

#7055 6 years ago

I bought a really nice Paragon from coinop for 600. Had to replace the mpu and rectifier but really nice after I got it working. Only a few very minor spots of wear on the middle of the playfield. I was happy with that purchase and not happy with a williams cyclone I got from them. The cyclone had a ridiculous amount of alkaline damage. I got it working but the game was described as really nice but the amount of paint loss on the playfield under the skill shot lane and at the lanes at the top would say otherwise. I'll probably just buy a new playfield and just do my first swap and take a loss on this one. The cab is really nice though. You win some and lose some with them.

#7056 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I gotta get up there - I'm more interested in some of the other stuff they have going on there - neon signs, stuff like that. The pinball is what it is in that place

The coolest part is that Coin Op's building is across the street. They had their dock doors open and it was arcade and pinball machines as far as you could see. I'd be more interested in visiting that building.

#7057 6 years ago

You have to be super careful with Coin Op. They'll say: "working," but that only means the machine powers on.

I bought a "working" Big Hurt from them, years ago, and it ended up needing serious repair and 100's to get working.

Problem is, most games are sold before any real pics/descriptions are available.

#7058 6 years ago

I follow CoinOp on facebook and agree, their prices are all over the place. I do understand that they are just pickers and their pricing is based on their costs. Some stuff is outrageous(but still sells within minutes) and other is dirt cheap. There are deals on his page if you know what you're looking at. My biggest complaint is that if you see something you want, you have to commit to buying as soon as it's posted, without seeing it in person first, or else it will be gone in minutes.

#7059 6 years ago

I find it amusing that people collect scales and gas station pumps and that Coinop makes a killing on them. Who the hell would want a gas pump in their gameroom? That makes zero sense to me - what does a gas pump have to do with games?

I guess the scales at least are coin operated- but again, why would you want a scale in your gameroom?

#7060 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I find it amusing that people collect scales and gas station pumps and that Coinop makes a killing on them. Who the hell would want a gas pump in their gameroom? That makes zero sense to me - what does a gas pump have to do with games?
I guess the scales at least are coin operated- but again, why would you want a scale in your gameroom?

Same here. Those people pay top dollar too.

#7061 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I visited the Gameroom Garage the day that they opened. The Gameroom Garage is a group of retailers renting space from Coinop. Yes, they have a lot of really nice non-pin items. The majority of the pins belong to retailers, not coinop. Many of the pins were in the lower end of player quality, but wanted Pinside prices or higher.

#7062 6 years ago

regarding Coinop....I was up there two weeks ago, the pins in the warehouse (that aren't already sold) redefines the word, "project"
just my opinion.

#7063 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

regarding Coinop....I was up there two weeks ago, the pins in the warehouse (that aren't already sold) redefines the word, "project"
just my opinion.

Do they actually let you come and look around? I asked a while ago and didn't get very far.

#7064 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you are going to the York show, you should ask them if their warehouse will be opened up for browsing TH/F. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the pins that they sell on Facebook sell out in minutes. You will be looking at the pins that no one wanted

#7065 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It has nothing to do with games. There are people that just collect pumps, advertising signs, etc... that's their thing. They probably think folks like us are crazy for dumping thousands into pinballs.

#7066 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

just my opinion.

I had the same opinion when I went through that warehouse. Really rough project pins that they couldn't sell, mixed with items that were already sold and waiting to be picked up

#7067 6 years ago

Only buy from Coin Op if you're 100% comfortable diagnosing and repairing. Just saying...

#7068 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It has nothing to do with games. There are people that just collect pumps, advertising signs, etc... that's their thing. They probably think folks like us are crazy for dumping thousands into pinballs.

I've seen LOT of gameroom pics on Pinside that have gas pumps in them. Just flat out weird. A pinball you can actually use and play. A gas pump does nothing.

#7069 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've seen LOT of gameroom pics on Pinside that have gas pumps in them. Just flat out weird. A pinball you can actually use and play. A gas pump does nothing.

Not to deviate from the forum topic but - Collecting gas pumps/signs/uniforms, etc is termed "Petrol Mania".

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

The coolest part is that Coin Op's building is across the street. They had their dock doors open and it was arcade and pinball machines as far as you could see. I'd be more interested in visiting that building.

Totally! I've been to coinop though, have not been since they opened GRG

#7071 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I visited the Gameroom Garage the day that they opened. The Gameroom Garage is a group of retailers renting space from Coinop. Yes, they have a lot of really nice non-pin items. The majority of the pins belong to retailers, not coinop. Many of the pins were in the lower end of player quality, but wanted Pinside prices or higher.

INTERESTING. This is the antiques warehouse model. Hope it works out .. but yeah at those antique places a LOT of stuff ends up just sitting.. for years...

#7072 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If you are going to the York show, you should ask them if their warehouse will be opened up for browsing TH/F. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the pins that they sell on Facebook sell out in minutes. You will be looking at the pins that no one wanted

Unfortunately we aren't going to York this year... I stupidly booked a camping trip to Assateague Island about 6 months ago with friends before I realized the date. Just noticed it the other day. Huge bummer

#7073 6 years ago

"INTERESTING. This is the antiques warehouse model. Hope it works out .. but yeah at those antique places a LOT of stuff ends up just sitting.. for years..."

I could see a lot of GRG's stuff just sitting, but they've started listing items on CoinOp's FB page where anything will sell. GRG will probably do pretty well if they continue that.

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

"INTERESTING. This is the antiques warehouse model. Hope it works out .. but yeah at those antique places a LOT of stuff ends up just sitting.. for years..."
I could see a lot of GRG's stuff just sitting, but they've started listing items on CoinOp's FB page where anything will sell. GRG will probably do pretty well if they continue that.

Well that's good - I'm glad there's at least A place to find stuff like this somewhere in the area

#7075 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Do they actually let you come and look around? I asked a while ago and didn't get very far.

I think it depends on which 'location' of theirs. A few months ago, i called them on a Wed, and was told that they'd have someone at one of the warehouses on Saturday, stop by at 9. I got there, and had complete full access to the place, unsupervised. The front door was open, and there wasn't a soul there. I could have walked out with anything. After about 30 minutes, a guy showed up, I took my machine and headed out. So, I think it depends on when and where..

#7076 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it depends on which 'location' of theirs. A few months ago, i called them on a Wed, and was told that they'd have someone at one of the warehouses on Saturday, stop by at 9. I got there, and had complete full access to the place, unsupervised. The front door was open, and there wasn't a soul there. I could have walked out with anything. After about 30 minutes, a guy showed up, I took my machine and headed out. So, I think it depends on when and where..

Yes, they have set hours in Friday's I think, but other days it's a good idea to send them a Facebook message and make sure someone will be there. They will tell you right away if someone is going to be there

#7077 6 years ago

Really Nice AC/DC Premium loaded with Mods that Work !

Machine - For Sale
AC/DC Premium Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “AC/DC Premium Huo. Over $1k in Mods.Low plays. -Red Translucent Apron with Lighting Effects -Shaker -Lightning Bolt Mod -Pinball Refinery Canon Mod with Lighting effect -AC/DC Side...”
2017-09-14
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 407 times

#7078 6 years ago

Whoa, @stretch2, nice deal here! Super nice add-ons!

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Really Nice AC/DC Premium loaded with Mods that Work !

Machine - For Sale
AC/DC PremiumNew!Home Used Only (HUO) “AC/DC Premium Huo. Over $1k in Mods.Low plays.
-Red Translucent Apron with Lighting Effects
-Shaker
-Lightning Bolt Mod
-Pinball Refinery Canon Mod with Lighting effect
-AC/DC Side...”
3 hours ago Baltimore, MD 7,650
stretch2

AC/DC Premium number owned count at 6 You actually don't have the red translucent apron.....that's the red metal apron with lights where the insert cards go. Just keep it....you know one will be back in it's place

#7080 6 years ago

Looking for RBION pm if have one. Very nice wcs trade/cash

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

. My biggest complaint is that if you see something you want, you have to commit to buying as soon as it's posted, without seeing it in person first, or else it will be gone in minutes.

This is true, but what allot of people don't realize is that if you have already paid and the machine isn't what you expected you aren't stuck with it. He will refund you and immediately resell it to the last person who inquired. People are always quick to think that once you pay you are stuck with it. Lloyd is allot more reasonable than people give him credit for especially if he's in a good mood. Also, people fail to realize that his prices aren't always firm depending on what it is you are interested in, he is almost always willing to make you a better deal. That is one of the reasons why he has continuously gotten my business for years now.

#7082 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I attempted to buy an absolutely gorgeous 1953 Dino Sinclair pump from them but it was sold. Not for my Gameroom but for the garage. With one of those pumps from that era I could see someone having one in their Gameroom if their machines were from the 50's.

#7083 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

just my opinion.

Those are the scraps lol. All of the actual projects were sold and picked up almost a month ago. He got two full semi trucks on the same day, all pins and they all got bought up. I took a few and some other members here got a good many also. Most of the pins don't last a day in there so if you see that he is getting a truck load be there when it arrives.

#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Not to deviate from the forum topic but - Collecting gas pumps/signs/uniforms, etc is termed "Petrol Mania".

It's Petroliana

#7085 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

AC/DC Premium number owned count at 6 You actually don't have the red translucent apron.....that's the red metal apron with lights where the insert cards go. Just keep it....you know one will be back in it's place

It definitely has the Red Translucent apron with lighting effects.It's a mod !

#7086 6 years ago

"Fire!" is sold...

Posted previously about this but my 15 year old son is working on doing his first shop out on his own (His idea to pay for his end of the school year band trip to FL). If we, err, I mean he can make good progress this weekend we are hoping to have it ready for YORK...FYI its a Williams "Road Kings".

#7087 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

It definitely has the Red Translucent apron with lighting effects.It's a mod !

Oh ok my bad!! The dark pic makes it look like the solid metal one. I have the translucent one my MET and love it...very cool MOD!

#7088 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Oh ok my bad!! The dark pic makes it look like the solid metal one. I have the translucent one my MET and love it...very cool MOD!

Yeah lighting is soft in that pix.

#7089 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

"Fire!" is sold...

Congrats!

Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Posted previously about this but my 15 year old son is working on doing his first shop out on his own (His idea to pay for his end of the school year band trip to FL). If we, err, I mean he can make good progress this weekend we are hoping to have it ready for YORK...FYI its a Williams "Road Kings".

Get him scrubbing; there is still plenty of time I have never played a Road Kings. I watched a Todd Tuckey video about one. It looks fun.

#7090 6 years ago

Just listed a working Mata Hari project and a 412 game Multicade upright if anyone is interested

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “I have a project Mata Hari for sale. It boots up, coins up and plays. All playfield coils work..pops, slings, hole, ball eject.. Flippers work fine. All displays work, no segmen...”
2017-09-17
Altoona, PA
500 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 456 times

Other - For Sale
“I have a 412 in 1 Multicade machine. Features many popular titles..Pacmans, Gorf, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Tron, Satans Hallow, Burger Time just to name a few. Has adult theme game...”
2017-09-17
Altoona, PA
800 (Firm)
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 285 times

#7091 6 years ago

Funny!!! When im not looking for a certain pinball, they are everywhere. When i need a certain pinball, no one has one for sale... I need a WHIRLWIND!!

#7092 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Funny!!! When im not looking for a certain pinball, they are everywhere. When i need a certain pinball, no one has one for sale... I need a WHIRLWIND!!

Pinside user bjsilverballs has one. He reached out to me last week about it. Probably still available, located in Fairfax, VA.

#7093 6 years ago

Have a Scared Stiff, No fear & Monopoly just in that I would sell as-is before I start to shop them. The SS is the cleanest of the three with no cabinet fade, No Fear has some cabinet fade and Monoply has wear around the flipper buttons.

#7094 6 years ago

Post prices please

#7095 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Pinside user bjsilverballs has one. He reached out to me last week about it. Probably still available, located in Fairfax, VA.

Thanks. We talked but it was a little rough around the spinners. He did sell it.

#7096 6 years ago

Throwing this out there for a friend of mine. He has a Bud Tapper with color side art. Looking to trade for a pin +/- cash or sell. The game is located in York just a couple minutes from the show. At this time the sound is out on the game. Not sure if I'll have time to look at it yet. Pm me if interested.

Update: Tapper is now sold.

#7097 6 years ago

I'm looking for shadow PM if you have one.

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Paging rob stone...

#7099 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Paging rob stone...

Haha what's funny is I just gave Rob his shadow from a 3 way deal. Now I want one after reading more about it....

#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought you were looking for a RBION??

There are 18,023 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.