(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,550 posts
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Moeman65
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,542 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 10550 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 211.
#6951 1 year ago

Anyone have a Nightmare on elm street for sale ?

#6952 1 year ago

Listed my White Water in the Marketplace. I'm located about 50 minutes east of the Allentown show location.

Archived after 37 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
White Water Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Very Good condition White Water that I have owned for 5+ years. It plays 100% and has no problem making the Insanity Falls shot. I installed a couple of NOS parts and a new dome, o...”
2017-09-03
Glen Gardner, NJ
4,500 (OBO)

#6953 1 year ago

I posted an ad for my Soccer. I could bring it to the York show on Saturday, or do the deal locally in NoVA. I'm still primarily looking for a Hollywood Heat, but will consider other possible trade deals. Please see my ad for details.

Archived after 26 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
Soccer Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I have a Gottlieb Soccer that plays very well, the playfield is in really good shape with some small wear spot near the saucers. The flipper mechs had been rebuilt with the pbreso...”
2017-09-03
Fairfax , VA
600 (OBO)

#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from bepositive:

A question please . Does the inquiry " whats it worth " pass muster with present terms and conditions within the regional FS threads
( no pics )? Researching the Pinside archive would rarely produce a linear ( condition , location ) result . Boston price guide has no condition qualifier .
Not uncommon to see someone had regretfully underpriced a game . Also not uncommon to see someone overprice a game and get into a negative feedback ( crapped on FS post ) bad vibe contest .

I say ask away. Most of the time it's hard to tell what a game will sell for until you toss it out there.

Don't worry about the Price Police. If I feel the need to comment it's usually not a personal attack, just some 2 cents that are often worth less than that pinballerchef and I may not agree on a price, because I want a cheap robo-war, but he seems like a good guy willing to wait for the right buyer. Since he owns the game, he sets the price; the rest of us get to speculate or pony up.

I've had people try and get me going over a sale, but I like the banter and heck all activity keeps the posting at the top. For every person that doesn't agree with your pricing, there are more that might be interested. Never underestimate the ability to win a trolling incident by being calm, poking back nicely and letting the crowd pile on.

Like Jack Burton always says "If you can't take the heat, post on Craigslist"

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I posted an ad for my Soccer. I could bring it to the York show on Saturday, or do the deal locally in NoVA. I'm still primarily looking for a Hollywood Heat, but will consider other possible trade deals. Please see my ad for details.

Such a fun game! We have a Super Soccer locally and it's big hit on league nights. Watching the balls count is a blast.

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Well Zimmy I may turn into your "Arch-Nemesis" when I reveal that I don't think I have ever actually bought a pin in WV. I can't tell you how many pin runs I have made to VA Beach area. I have snagged some great deals down there (As well as PA, NOVA, MD even NC).

Your not my nemesis! I already have a nemesis; it's Dudley Do-Right.

I will say this preference for working on them is not completely crazy to me. I do enjoy working on them, but I don't make enough time for it. This just leads to me having a bunch of not working stuff ;-( I have parts sitting here to put like 3 pins back together, but I'm too busy stripping and painting trim in my antique house.

#6957 1 year ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Like Jack Burton always says "If you can't take the heat, post on Craigslist"

"Who?!"

"JACK BURTON!...ME!"

#6958 1 year ago

Archived after 1 day
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Slight wear under the flippers like most POTO's, two little wear spots in front of the slings, and slight wear top side of the return lane rollovers. Backglass is perfect. Cabinet ...”
2017-09-03
Langhorne, PA

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
New “New alternate translite for Phantom of the Opera. Also great for wall art. Has one very small minor scuff on center / right hand side. Price includes shipping.”
2017-10-03
Langhorne, PA

#6959 1 year ago

Considering trading a Monopoly. Would like another of equal or greater value with cash from me. In Annapolis. Pm if interested.
Jimmy

#6960 1 year ago

TWD still available - 4900 with topper, 4650 without.

#6961 1 year ago

Funhouse- $4,000 or open to trades

#6962 1 year ago

A shameless plug for my new Bargain Basement #14 video...38 arcade and pinball machines reduced...40 minute video has game titles and prices in the description, and also hyperlinks directly to the game you may be interested in. Also will do trades! Todd from TNT Amusements

#6963 1 year ago

Todd, gotta tell you, when researching pins your vids often come up. My 8 year old hears your voice and pokes his head around the screen and says "I knew it was that guy!"

You are now "that guy"

#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

A shameless plug for my new Bargain Basement #14 video...38 arcade and pinball machines reduced...40 minute video has game titles and prices in the description, and also hyperlinks directly to the game you may be interested in. Also will do trades! Todd from TNT Amusements ยป YouTube video

Always enjoy your vids.
Hope you donate to Pinside for every sale you generate by posting that here.

#6965 1 year ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I have parts sitting here to put like 3 pins back together, but I'm too busy stripping and painting trim in my antique house.

Thats when you pay me to do it for you...I just finished a Funhouse playfield Swap (that I took over for a collector mid-swap)...hardest but most rewarding restore yet...

#6966 1 year ago

Thats when you pay me to do it for you...I just finished a Funhouse playfield Swap (that I took over for a collector mid-swap)...hardest but most rewarding restore yet...

Makes my shop look cool with all the stuff laying around. New people think I actually work on them and assume I must be interesting; people who have been around know better...

After all the time some of them have been apart, it will be like someone else took them apart.

#6967 1 year ago

Archived after 2 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for a fully working example, preferably stock, routed example is fine as long as it's not ragged out. Installed mods aren't a deal breaker, I just prefer stock machines to ...”
2017-09-05
Frederick, MD
Wanted

#6968 1 year ago

Looking for 1 of the following in huo/nib condition.
Sw pro
Potc
Sm
Bdk
Smve
Afmr
Preferably at a good price and within a 3 hour drive n/e pa. Lmk thanks.

#6970 1 year ago

Looking for something interesting. Not sure if I should take my proceeds from a few pin sales to York or see what's available here. While I am cheap, I do have cash.

I hit up that dude on CL with the $1,100 cyclone near VB, but he just updated his ad to answer my questions and didn't actually respond to me. So weird, sometimes I hate CL.

It's thin times for us low-end pin guys

#6971 1 year ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Looking for something interesting. Not sure if I should take my proceeds from a few pin sales to York or see what's available here. While I am cheap, I do have cash.
I hit up that dude on CL with the $1,100 cyclone near VB, but he just updated his ad to answer my questions and didn't actually respond to me. So weird, sometimes I hate CL.

Yup, not much these days unless you want to severely over pay or get something really old like a Bingo... The last two I bought were EM's but to be honest, no more EM's lol. It's solid state or bust! Did Raven ever sell?

#6972 1 year ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

May as well save up more cash until York. Slim chance that you may find something there that you'll really, really want, but then.... the regret sets in because you just bought that other pin on a whim before the show!!! Well, that's how my luck runs anyway. I am trying extremely hard to be patient until the show so I know the feeling. I'm still not even sure if I'm going unless someone brings the titles that I want. As long as I bring home at least 3 pins it will be worth the trip.

#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

May as well save up more cash until York. Slim chance that you may find something there that you'll really, really want, but then.... the regret sets in because you just bought that other pin on a whim before the show!!! Well, that's how my luck runs anyway. I am trying extremely hard to be patient until the show so I know the feeling. I'm still not even sure if I'm going unless someone brings the titles that I want. As long as I bring home at least 3 pins it will be worth the trip.

I am seeing a lot of stuff pre-sold before shows - you just have to watch everything like a hawk!

#6974 1 year ago

Basically brand new TWD pro priced very well still for sale. In Pittsburgh....

#6975 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am seeing a lot of stuff pre-sold before shows - you just have to watch everything like a hawk!

Yup!! Been the case for years now and is one of the reasons that less and less machines are on the floor every year. They end up on someone's hand truck as soon as they hit the pavement. Kind of makes you wonder how there even is a show anymore. It's so unfortunate.

#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Yup!! Been the case for years now and is one of the reasons that less and less machines are on the floor every year. They end up on someone's hand truck as soon as they hit the pavement. Kind of makes you wonder how there even is a show anymore. It's so unfortunate.

I'm kinda confused that - if that's the case (not doubting you, agreeing..) - why even WAIT for a show? You wanna sell it, then go, sell it, meet up in a random parking lot, and do the exchange. Why wait until a show to do it, and hurt the count of games on the free-play floor?

#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Makes my shop look cool with all the stuff laying around. New people think I actually work on them and assume I must be interesting; people who have been around know better...
After all the time some of them have been apart, it will be like someone else took them apart.

BTW you crack me up on this forum thread all the time...Have you thought about doing a Pinball Comedy Hour at York this year?!

#6978 1 year ago

FYI "Fire" has a tentative buyer...Through "Craigslist"... The FUN news is that I have a Williams system 11 "Road Kings" that I have "given"" to my 15 year old son to do his first full tear down shop-out on his own. He has helped me since I got in the hobby (Can LED a machine faster than me and without dropping the LED's into black holes within the machine). He is doing a parts budget minus cost of the machine etc so that he can determine the profit margin he wants to make. Before you send the price and "mark-up" police to my house... this was his idea so that he could earn money for his HS band trip to FL at the end of the school year. He wanted to earn the money on his own and asked if he could do a machine on his own. I LOVE his sense of self-reliance and entrepreneurship. This machine has been sitting on the backburner (not to be confused with Afterburner) for awhile and I am glad to turn it over to him. Our goal is to have it ready for York so he can display his talent and hopefully get a sale.

#6979 1 year ago

Jester, you should do a restoration thread on one of your games so we can see all the work that you put into them.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Jester, you should do a restoration thread on one of your games so we can see all the work that you put into them.

Thanks that means a lot!!!!

Its simple why I don't post restoration threads on Pinside and its sad really. I do NOT find posting restore threads on PINSIDE a rewarding experience.

"People" will post negative comments that have NO IDEA what goes into a high end shop out or restoration. 99% of it could be perfect and 20 people will take it upon themselves to point out that 1% that isn't. Several years ago I started doing shop-outs for customers instead of collecting and I did post a few threads and it was a disaster. What I took pride in and put lots of hard work into was ridiculed. Heck, look at a "HEP" restore threads and what is near perfection and what people like me aspire to, and you will STILL see "people" post stupidity. Also people assume you have an unlimited budget to buy all of the new parts you or a customer need. Simply not the case. All of the these decisions are worked out beforehand with the customer. I work cheap so they can put their budget into parts and upgrades. I run into the same thing with machines I buy and shop-out. What gets done depends on whats in the pinball fund.

The REWARDING part of what I do is the reveal! When I pick up a machine from a customer and then return it weeks or months later, to see there amazed reaction is all the reward I need. When they say things like WOW it looks like NEW or I can't believe this is the same machine...all the hard work is then well worth it and satisfying!

#6981 1 year ago

Its simple why I don't post restoration threads on Pinside and its sad really. I do not find posting restore threads on PINSIDE a rewarding experience.
"People" will post negative comments that have NO IDEA what goes into a high end shop out or restoration. 99% of it could be perfect and 20 people will take it upon themselves to point out that 1% that isn't. Several years ago I started doing shop-outs for customers instead of collecting and I did post a few threads and it was a disaster. What I took pride in and put lots of hard work into was ridiculed. Heck, look at a "HEP" restore threads and what is near perfection and what people like me aspire to, and you will STILL see "people" post stupidity. Also people assume you have an unlimited budget to buy all of the new parts you or a customer need. Simply not the case. All of the these decisions are worked out beforehand with the customer. I work cheap so they can put their budget into parts and upgrades. I run into the same thing with machines I buy and shop-out. What gets done depends on whats in the pinball fund.
The REWARDING part of what I do is the reveal! When I pick up a machine from a customer and then return it weeks or months later, to see there amazed reaction is all the reward I need. When they say things like WOW it looks like NEW or I can't believe this is the same machine...all the hard work is then well worth it and satisfying!

I agree 100%, Exactly why I don't post my full restorations or the fields that I clear and restore on here. Anyone who has been here awhile knows why and knows how these resto threads usually turn out. I have people ask all the time why I won't post work and have also been told that I undersell myself big time when it comes to my work. As long as customers continue to leave happy it's all good.

#6982 1 year ago

customers? guess we are here for different reasons.

#6983 1 year ago

FYI "Fire" has a tentative buyer...Through "Craigslist"...

Congrats, I know you put a lot into these machines. CL though...

The FUN news is that I have a Williams system 11 "Road Kings" that I have "given"" to my 15 year old son to do his first full tear down shop-out on his own.

Good deal, that should be fun for you both. This is a great set of skills for a young person to learn. Attention to detail and finishing something. Even selling is a learning experience. Making a nice stack of cash always feels good.

He is doing a parts budget minus cost of the machine etc so that he can determine the profit margin he wants to make. Before you send the price and "mark-up" police to my house... this was his idea so that he could earn money for his HS band trip to FL at the end of the school year.

It's part of the process. There will always be some idiot who doesn't value your efforts. Knowing to ignore that noise and find a buyer who appreciates the effort is a also a skill.

99% of it could be perfect and 20 people will take it upon themselves to point out that 1% that isn't.

So you are admitting that you mess up 1%?

Since Raven never sold, I am going to clear my NOS playfield and do a resto thread that I can only hope attracts a lot of negative interest.

you will STILL see "people" post stupidity.

How am I supposed to not take this personally?

#6984 1 year ago

Its simple why I don't post restoration threads on Pinside and its sad really. I do NOT find posting restore threads on PINSIDE a rewarding experience.
"People" will post negative comments that have NO IDEA what goes into a high end shop out or restoration. 99% of it could be perfect and 20 people will take it upon themselves to point out that 1% that isn't.

It's why I stopped. I'm still doing restorations, for myself and others, both on EMs and DMDs. But I don't feel the need to have my work judged by people who have never picked up an HVLP sprayer.

#6985 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's why I stopped. I'm still doing restorations, for myself and others, both on EMs and DMDs. But I don't feel the need to have my work judged by people who have never picked up an HVLP sprayer.

Oh too bad, I enjoy your threads. I think it's fun to share and to be able to ask questions. A question or suggestion about a technique can be clarifying, but so often people use the opportunity to preach. This site and the community are all the poorer for it in the long run.

I post on Instructables and they have a "be nice" rule. I used to think it was silly, but now I actually find it refreshing. When someone skirts the rule to post a "you're an idiot" post, I find myself a little offended by it. Rather than engage the troll, I just post a much better comment.

Writing a guide takes a lot of time and I don't care if it's amazing or not. Sometimes just hearing the story is fun. The mess ups and compromises can be the best parts.

I'm not saying that all feedback is bad. If I think a person hasn't considered something, I don't think it's out of limits to offer suggestions or concerns. I just make sure to put them in a compliment sandwich. You know like this:

Great idea / write up
Suggestions
Follow up comment about how great the write up and idea is

#6986 1 year ago

We are all here for different reasons. I'm here to get pins cheap, learn stuff, point out sponge painting, complain about prices, and because I am terribly lonely

Many of the threads on pinside seem to be some NIB or pre-order drama; I am totally not here for that.

Some of the guys here fix up pins and sell them. From what I have seen, they do nice work at a pretty decent price. I'm not their target demographic, because I like fiddling with as cheap a machine as possible. That said, when I factor in my time and expenses, the prices jesterfunhouse, sohchx and a few of the other guys charge seem pretty reasonable.

#6987 1 year ago

I am sorry you feel that way. You cannot stop peoples opinions except try to use the ignore button on them. I for one have not done any yet but do love to read about them. They give me ways to think of to fix a problem that I would never know about. Yes the reveal is rewarding but you just do not see the fact that you and other pinsiders (Beelzeboob) help others here that would never have figured their problem out. Don't dwell on the negative see the positive in the machine you are restoring and like you said Jesterfunhouse the reveal the customer is showing you in return. Sorry about going off subject here but just had to say what I felt.

#6988 1 year ago

I used to think I had done some nice work until I saw that flight 2000 at allentown.....Seeing examples like that or games that skins and knockerlover pump out raise the bar (in a good way).

I did a Creature about 3 years ago that I was super proud of....now it's the weak link in the collection. It was the best I could do with my budget and know-how at that time. But fortunately I am learning and getting better with every game I work on.

Taking a basket case and bringing it back to let's say a 7 or 7.5 is a walk in the park. Taking a game from 7 or 7.5 to a 9.5 or 10 is where the toughest and most expensive/time consuming work comes to play. Some games are worth going all out on...others maybe not so much.

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I am sorry you feel that way. You cannot stop peoples opinions except try to use the ignore button on them. I for one have not done any yet but do love to read about them. They give me ways to think of to fix a problem that I would never know about. Yes the reveal is rewarding but you just do not see the fact that you and other pinsiders (Beelzeboob) help others here that would never have figured their problem out. Don't dwell on the negative see the positive in the machine you are restoring and like you said Jesterfunhouse the reveal the customer is showing you in return. Sorry about going off subject here but just had to say what I felt.

Definitely lots of negativity here on pinside, but I've never had that experience in my Restoration threads.

#6990 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm kinda confused that - if that's the case (not doubting you, agreeing..) - why even WAIT for a show? You wanna sell it, then go, sell it, meet up in a random parking lot, and do the exchange. Why wait until a show to do it, and hurt the count of games on the free-play floor?

There's other reasons to go to the show - the flea market, all the vendors.. it's an easy central location to meet up with your buyer/seller. Maybe you're from DC and the seller is from NY, too far a drive on a regular day, but hey we're both going to the show, so bring it with you... Still, kind of sucks the game is gone/sold before anybody has the opportunity to buy it. I do like that a lot of arcade games are there at York, at semi-reasonable prices...

#6991 1 year ago
Quoted from burningman:

I used to think I had done some nice work until I saw that flight 2000 at allentown.....Seeing examples like that or games that skins and knockerlover pump out raise the bar (in a good way).
I did a Creature about 3 years ago that I was super proud of....now it's the weak link in the collection. It was the best I could do with my budget and know-how at that time. But fortunately I am learning and getting better with every game I work on.
Taking a basket case and bringing it back to let's say a 7 or 7.5 is a walk in the park. Taking a game from 7 or 7.5 to a 9.5 or 10 is where the toughest and most expensive/time consuming work comes to play. Some games are worth going all out on...others maybe not so much.

Are you talking about the Flight 2000 that I did for Mikey??

#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Are you talking about the Flight 2000 that I did for Mikey??

I think it was at the LERMods/Mezel booth area and had a $5k? price on it.

#6993 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I am sorry you feel that way. You cannot stop peoples opinions except try to use the ignore button on them. I for one have not done any yet but do love to read about them.

Its not about just ignoring the negative posts. I have found those negative posts can damage a reputation and even (Again years ago when I was learning) damage sales opportunities. This is ALL side work for me and my margins can be very small. I do it because I love it and I always seem to have more business than I can handle and its through word of mouth primarily. I do a machine for someone and then there friends see it and boom more business.

#6994 1 year ago
Quoted from burningman:

Donny that CREATURE was a HUGE inspiration to me!!!! Other than the alternate translite (you know what I am talking about LOL) I wanted my shop outs to look like yours! Its so true how you learn with every game!

#6995 1 year ago

Customers for me = Friends. By the time I am done restoring a customers machines they are buying me Christmas Presents and leaving the door unlocked to go pick up a machine (True Stories). To me meeting people in the hobby... customers/shows/pinside has been as rewarding as the actual restorations.

#6996 1 year ago

I think it was at the LERMods/Mezel booth area and had a $5k? price on it.

WOW!!! 5K?? Lol, No I thought that you were talking about an F2000 field that I restored. It was on display in one of the booths

#6997 1 year ago

To me meeting people in the hobby... customers/shows/pinside has been as rewarding as the actual restorations.

You haven't met me yet.

#6998 1 year ago

Its not about just ignoring the negative posts. I have found those negative posts can damage a reputation and even (Again years ago when I was learning) damage sales opportunities. This is ALL side work for me and my margins can be very small. I do it because I love it and I always seem to have more business than I can handle and its through word of mouth primarily. I do a machine for someone and then there friends see it and boom more business.

100% truth!!!

#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You haven't met me yet.

Some people shouldn't go out in public

#7000 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's other reasons to go to the show - the flea market, all the vendors.. it's an easy central location to meet up with your buyer/seller. Maybe you're from DC and the seller is from NY, too far a drive on a regular day, but hey we're both going to the show, so bring it with you... Still, kind of sucks the game is gone/sold before anybody has the opportunity to buy it. I do like that a lot of arcade games are there at York, at semi-reasonable prices...

Why doesn't the seller register the game in the free play area? The buyer can pick it up at the end of the show. This way we have one more pin to play in the free play area.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 104.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 10550 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside