(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,022 posts
  • 930 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 361.
#6901 6 years ago

Anyone in the Rockville, MD or Philadelphia areas have an extra set of 27" legs in decent shape?

I am working on a Golden Arrow reclamation project that I'm not sure is going to make it. Before I spend more good money after bad, I thought I'd try the used route before buying some new ones. The ones I have are all bent and rusted out and useless. Surprisingly, with all the machines I own and have owned, and all the legs I have swapped out, none of them had 27" legs.

Thanks

#6902 6 years ago

Man, it's dead in here as of late. Anyone have any DMD's in the 3k to 5k range?? With all of these new pins released/releasing I figured allot more older titles would be up for sale in the DMV

#6903 6 years ago

I'd consider RBION if price is right.

#6904 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Man, it's dead in here as of late. Anyone have any DMD's in the 3k to 5k range?? With all of these new pins released/releasing I figured allot more older titles would be up for sale in the DMV

I still have my RZ for sale [Ad embed: this ad was deleted] $5500 or best offer. Had to put my dog to sleep and selling because of vet bills.

#6905 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I still have my RZ for sale

Machine - For Sale
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International - Price ReducedHome Used Only (HUO) “Dark, Fun, Fast and Edgy pin that would make a great addition to your music pin lineup. This is the standard edition #154 of 300 and is sold out. HUO, from a smoke-free home - Or...”
9 days ago Ellicott City, MD 5,500 (OBO)
hAbO

$5500 or best offer. Had to put my dog to sleep and selling because of vet bills.

Sorry to hear it, that's not a great reason to have to sell ...

#6907 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I don't know why I would need any reason at all. You should see my vet bill

Sorry to hear that, I just had to put my dog to sleep as well. Sad to do..

#6908 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry to hear that, I just had to put my dog to sleep as well. Sad to do..

Thanks Rai. Sorry to hear about your dog as well. Its been no picnic at my house that past few days for sure.

They were $6000 plus shipping and I think $200 for the upgrades from Spooky.

#6909 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd consider RBION if price is right.

?????

#6910 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I still have my RZ for sale

Machine - For Sale
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International - Price ReducedHome Used Only (HUO) “Dark, Fun, Fast and Edgy pin that would make a great addition to your music pin lineup. This is the standard edition #154 of 300 and is sold out. HUO, from a smoke-free home - Or...”
9 days ago Ellicott City, MD 5,500 (OBO)
hAbO

$5500 or best offer. Had to put my dog to sleep and selling because of vet bills.

Thanks but pass, not really my cup of tea. Sorry to hear about the passing of your furry friend. I was just talking with the wife about how much time we have left with ours. Not looking forward to when her time comes.

#6911 6 years ago

Ripley's

I've seen some for sale in the past but they owners wanted too much

#6912 6 years ago

Ripleys is an awesome game... it's an LE package... if stern sold it this day and age it would have a $9k price tag on it. Solid design. Engaging rules. A big world under glass.

#6913 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ripleys is an awesome game... it's an LE package... if stern sold it this day and age it would have a $9k price tag on it. Solid design. Engaging rules. A big world under glass.

My only time to play one was last year in Bethany Beach. It had lots of switch issues (always looking for the ball) and flippers that couldn't reach anything...But it looked cool and would love to play a dialed in one (Not to be confused with Dialed In).

#6914 6 years ago

i prefer simple rules and short ball times, so RBION and i didn't get along.

#6915 6 years ago

Rbion is ok for 2500-3 k but i sold it pretty fast ....even for me lol.

#6916 6 years ago

That is too funny, I played the same game at Bethany Beach! In the upstairs of that arcade?

Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

My only time to play one was last year in Bethany Beach. It had lots of switch issues (always looking for the ball) and flippers that couldn't reach anything...But it looked cool and would love to play a dialed in one (Not to be confused with Dialed In).

#6917 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That is too funny, I played the same game at Bethany Beach! In the upstairs of that arcade?

Thats the ONE! I hope it worked better for you! I think about every bulb was burned out too

#6918 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That is everything lately. I am sitting on a medium pin fund and I may just spend it on bike parts and shop tools. Nothing awesome at a fair price has really come up. I have weird taste, I like the Miller High Life end of the pinball world.

Most of my collection cost under $1k. Last year I bought a really decent Genesis for $600 that came with a new set of ramps. It had electrical issues, but I sorted it easily enough. The point is I want to find a deal, not get someone else's second hand deal and pay a markup for them to clean it for me.

The whole reason people say things like "It's a good value" is because something is good, but not expensive. This year all the system 80bs are over $1500 with my favorite being the sponge painted Robowar for nearly $3k. (I feel bad picking on that guy, but it is sponge painted)

Anyway, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket. Keeping an eye on this thread; looking for something that is priced close to or under the average pinside price not $500 to $5k more. I also won't drive more than an hour unless I'm completely stealing something. Time is money, yo!

#6919 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I have a super nice Mint dialed in one... feel free to swing by and give it go on your way home from work on day

#6920 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

That is everything lately. I am sitting on a medium pin fund and I may just spend it on bike parts and shop tools. Nothing awesome at a fair price has really come up. I have weird taste, I like the Miller High Life end of the pinball world.
Most of my collection cost under $1k. Last year I bought a really decent Genesis for $600 that came with a new set of ramps. It had electrical issues, but I sorted it easily enough. The point is I want to find a deal, not get someone else's second hand deal and pay a markup for them to clean it for me.
The whole reason people say things like "It's a good value" is because something is good, but not expensive. This year all the system 80bs are over $1500 with my favorite being the sponge painted Robowar for nearly $3k. (I feel bad picking on that guy, but it is sponge painted)
Anyway, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket. Keeping an eye on this thread; looking for something that is priced close to or under the average pinside price not $500 to $5k more. I also won't drive more than an hour unless I'm completely stealing something. Time is money, yo!

Don't feel bad for me Zimjoe....I just had the board socketed and added an Anypin NVRAM so it's getting much love on a daily basis I feel bad for people who like to look at there games more than play them. Yes it's "sponged" and that may not cut it for some but it's still a nice Robowar that plays like it should. Every game has its own character...just like we do

#6921 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Anyway, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket.

You and me both buddy!!!

#6922 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ripley's

Agreed. I was offered one earlier this year at 3800 and that game would never be worth that to me no matter how mint or Huo. I'd max at 2800-3000 if I even wanted one, but I don't.

#6923 6 years ago

Missing out... but, different games for different folks

#6924 6 years ago

RBION is high on my most wanted list. Only TSPP and RFM are higher.

#6925 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I have weird taste, I like the Miller High Life end of the pinball world.

I hear ya. A game can have all the toys, ramps, and such but just doesn't do it for me. I like drop targets, and some nice movement that I can follow. Kinda like my tv/movies - give me a slower burn plot, I can wait

Quoted from zimjoe:

I also won't drive more than an hour unless I'm completely stealing something. Time is money, yo!

I'll give around 2 hours. Of course I've found that there is very little in the line of "steals" these days unless it is an EM, which I know nothing about, and honestly, have little love for. I love their artwork and layouts but the play seems too slow for me, maybe I just haven't seen the right set up, but every YouTube video I see seems like paint drying to me.

Meh, the hunt is most of the fun anyway. Go buy some tools and let the pinball desire rekindle.

#6926 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I hear ya. A game can have all the toys, ramps, and such but just doesn't do it for me. I like drop targets, and some nice movement that I can follow. Kinda like my tv/movies - give me a slower burn plot, I can wait

Maverick?
That's prob the newest drop target game I can think of,
I enjoyed it while I had it.

#6927 6 years ago

Yeah, I've got Maverick on my list. Seems like a great game.

#6928 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Don't feel bad for me Zimjoe....

I don't feel bad for you at all. I too am not a huge aesthetics guy; I would play it rather than paint it too. I really just want to know what was going through that person's head while they were splotching away. That said condition matters in pricing and you are asking more than the highest confirmed sale on pinside. You are welcome to do that, I just think you won't get a lot of interest at that price.

ATM I'm just a little frustrated that there is nothing interesting (to me) at a price I am willing to pay. Pinside is a little too "retail" sometimes with the pricing. I list here and sell pretty fast, but I rarely buy here. I hear FB is better, but then I would have to be on FB.

Heck, TNT prices are starting to look reasonable. They had a Robocop for $3k and I was considering it. Then I shook some sense into myself and stopped looking

#6929 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I hear FB is better, but then I would have to be on FB.
Heck, TNT prices are starting to look reasonable.

I'm not a Facebook fan either... canceled my personal account 3 years ago. But, I had to open a new one for some work-related stuff. I don't carry any friends, but do follow the various arcade groups. Point is: you can be on Facebook to take advantage of the pinball stuff without having to actually be on Facebook.

#6930 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'll give around 2 hours.

I try and hold fast, but sometimes driving happens The funny thing is that I have had to drive to get most of my pins. All the good stuff is either at the beach or in MD. WV seems to have some good stuff too. Jesterfunhouse always has something interesting. I have never played Fire, but that looks pretty nice in the ad.

ATM I'm thinking either Gottlieb or Stern. Maybe I'll just concentrate on fixing a few I have here.

#6931 6 years ago

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Games is brand new basicly(100 plays at most). Has sideblades installed, shaker, and ring light upgrade. trade wise id consider most Williams pinballs 1992 or newer or Sterns 2...”
2017-09-01
York Haven, PA
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 632 times

#6932 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

ATM I'm just a little frustrated that there is nothing interesting (to me) at a price I am willing to pay. Pinside is a little too "retail" sometimes with the pricing. I list here and sell pretty fast, but I rarely buy here. I hear FB is better, but then I would have to be on FB.
Heck, TNT prices are starting to look reasonable. They had a Robocop for $3k and I was considering it. Then I shook some sense into myself and stopped looking

agree, I was looking at Avatar for sale it was nice shape but not 100% as new, very nice condition and the owner was looking for mid-$4K which I said was something to ask for Avatar. What I mean is I can buy Met or TWD for close and SM for $500 more. Avatar is simply not on the level of SM, nice game but there is more than $500 difference to SM.

Also RBION is nice pin and WPT which I would buy but they have to start with a $3-(low) number and be super minty.

#6933 6 years ago

You can find a good condition RBION in the low 3's. But if you want a super mint/modded one, you're looking 3.5 to 4.

As with anything, it comes down to condition.

#6934 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You can find a good condition RBION in the low 3's. But if you want a super mint/modded one, you're looking 3.5 to 4.
As with anything, it comes down to condition.

I am willing to pay 3.5 for super mint, but the ones I was seeing were nice players conditions and asking 3.5

#6935 6 years ago

I just want to chime in on RBION. I bought one a few months ago for $4000. At first I thought it was a little high, but it is a true HUO and perfect in every way. The side art doesn't have a mark on it. Play field is 100% perfect. It really does look like it just came out of a box and didn't get much use. The only issue was that it had original batteries and they had leaked. It wasn't that bad and was easily fixed. It was about 5 miles from my house and the guy delivered. It's a very fun, fast and deep game. Highly underrated in my opinion. Bottom line.... I don't mind paying a little more because of the condition, location, and delivery. Also I was able to play it a bunch before I decided to buy. Just My .02

#6936 6 years ago

I'm going to be listing my GNR with colordmd, inserts have LEDs, pinsound board, red powder coated legs, original topper and new magnet driver board. Looking for $5900.

#6937 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

I just want to chime in on RBION. I bought one a few months ago for $4000. At first I thought it was a little high, but it is a true HUO and perfect in every way. The side art doesn't have a mark on it. Play field is 100% perfect. It really does look like it just came out of a box and didn't get much use. The only issue was that it had original batteries and they had leaked. It wasn't that bad and was easily fixed. It was about 5 miles from my house and the guy delivered. It's a very fun, fast and deep game. Highly underrated in my opinion. Bottom line.... I don't mind paying a little more because of the condition, location, and delivery. Also I was able to play it a bunch before I decided to buy. Just My .02

Sounds similar to the one I picked up... took me about a week to understand the game. The playfield design and flow is absolutely brilliant.

#6938 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am willing to pay 3.5 for super mint, but the ones I was seeing were nice players conditions and asking 3.5

It's going to be almost impossible to find one $3.5 for a super mint... and decent players routinely sell in the low 3s

#6939 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Missing out... but, different games for different folks

Oh don't get me wrong now, RBION is a fun game with allot of great shots, nice layout, and modes, and in my opinion one of the most over looked Sterns that really shouldn't be.

#6940 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Oh don't get me wrong now, RBION is a fun game with allot of great shots, nice layout, and modes, and in my opinion one of the most over looked Sterns that really shouldn't be.

I have only played this on Pinball arcade, but it seems really fun. I've never owned a game by Lawlor. I like a lot of his pins.

#6941 6 years ago

RBION is a fun game but that damn monkey voice KILLS me. So annoying

#6942 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I have only played this on Pinball arcade, but it seems really fun. I've never owned a game by Lawlor. I like a lot of his pins.

The game, in some ways, is like Adams Family on steroids. It's a layout and design that uniquely moves the ball around with subways, VUKs, ramp diverters, physical ball lock, two different magnets, etc. It also has a three-chute upper playfield that matches with a light matrix on the playfield to dish out awards. Lots of standup targets... two spinners... 6 pops... two ramps...

Lots of thought went into this one...and the design doesn't lend to any cheap drains.

Fun game that takes a little time to learn, but once you understand objectives, it's a challenge.

#6943 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

The funny thing is that I have had to drive to get most of my pins. All the good stuff is either at the beach or in MD. WV seems to have some good stuff too. jesterfunhouse always has something interesting. I have never played Fire, but that looks pretty nice in the ad.

Well Zimmy I may turn into your "Arch-Nemesis" when I reveal that I don't think I have ever actually bought a pin in WV. I can't tell you how many pin runs I have made to VA Beach area. I have snagged some great deals down there (As well as PA, NOVA, MD even NC). I am one of the weird one that does not collect machines or even spend time playing them. I love the shop-out/restoration process and only play them enough to make sure its fully dialed in once completed.

#6944 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I don't feel bad for you at all. I too am not a huge aesthetics guy; I would play it rather than paint it too. I really just want to know what was going through that person's head while they were splotching away. That said condition matters in pricing and you are asking more than the highest confirmed sale on pinside. You are welcome to do that, I just think you won't get a lot of interest at that price.

No worries at all bud. A Robowar listed at $2500 on here sold fairly quick...and my PF is in way better shape than that one was. It just depends on how bad you want a particular title. My deal isn't your deal. People are welcome to make me offers as well. Robowar isn't a rare pin but they don't always pop up for sale either. Open up your cash funds and be freeeeeee

#6945 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

That's where I played it first, PBA on the 360. We played it a good bit and my wife was really good at it. I think her last score was in the high billions. She loved that game.

#6946 6 years ago

My Spiderman Home is still available. Not a lot of interest (as expected), but hey, it's still here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-home-edition-1

#6947 6 years ago

A question please . Does the inquiry " whats it worth " pass muster with present terms and conditions within the regional FS threads
( no pics )? Researching the Pinside archive would rarely produce a linear ( condition , location ) result . Boston price guide has no condition qualifier .
Not uncommon to see someone had regretfully underpriced a game . Also not uncommon to see someone overprice a game and get into a negative feedback ( crapped on FS post ) bad vibe contest .
Happy three day weekend ! Shane

#6948 6 years ago

Phantom of the Opera - new Rottendog PSB I'll include $1700

Moving some other games that need either minor or moderate repairs:

Gorgar - NOS BG, very nice PF, CPR plastic set, new speech board $900 (solenoid fuse blows, needs new trough coil)
Trident - semi project, very nice PF $300
Olympics project - reimport with plexi BG $150

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

A question please . Does the inquiry " whats it worth " pass muster with present terms and conditions within the regional FS threads
( no pics )? Researching the Pinside archive would rarely produce a linear ( condition , location ) result . Boston price guide has no condition qualifier .
Not uncommon to see someone had regretfully underpriced a game . Also not uncommon to see someone overprice a game and get into a negative feedback ( crapped on FS post ) bad vibe contest .
Happy three day weekend ! Shane

Shane could you restate your question? Not sure what you are asking

#6950 6 years ago

Guys I'm reducing this for a hopefully quick sale.
$1750 or trade.

Quoted from flyarlee:

Still have my Black Hole for sale. $2000 or maybe trade = or up. Near Baltimore/Annapolis (21122 zip)
Pm your number for text pics or email.
Completely redone with LED's a ton of rebuilt parts including lower playfield shooter, new plastics, Chris Hibbler rebuilt boards, RottenDog sound board, galaxy spinner mod, rebuilt upkicker mod, ground mod+ much more.
All the right things have been done. Lots of blood sweat and tears went into this and it should be solid for years to come.
Here is my YouTube video link.
» YouTube video
As a story for the ages... after this game was first rebuilt (boards done on 2/2017) I was playing it during a thunderstorm. Lighting came in my house and struck me..it went into the game.
I ended up with a mean red line down my arm from the lighting and my chest hurt for a month...but the BH boards took a bit of surge damage. The boards went back out to Chris Hibbler and were rebuilt at the end of June.
PS. The game plays 100%
PSS. Yeah the lighting HURT LIKE $@&& !

There are 18,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/139?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.