• 568 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by jazc4
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

86714ffed17ce754de191bd8c69414585647a30f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

ElCid95 is a friend of mine, but don’t hold that against him.
He’s on the hunt for his first game, so pretty much anything on the bang for your buck list.

If he doesn't mind the crane causing all kinds of goofy shit when it moves to the right limit switch, I've got an otherwise *really* nice LAH that needs to go, pronto. I'm about to pull the board, though, and work on it...if that fixes the issues I'll be asking a couple hundo more (and on the upside basically all the chips that would blow by shorting coil voltage to the switch matrix will be socketed at that point). Thinking 2200 as it sits, or 2500 if I get the switch issues resolved to my satisfaction. I feel that's pretty fair since the replacement CPU board is 300, and to me a reworkable original without acid damage (friggin Data East games..my god they're terrible with that..) is worth more.

Love the game, would like to keep it, but I'd also love to ya know...have some money to replace my dead car.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks, I’ll let him know. LAH is actually a super fun game (now with color!).

Yeah, it's AMAZING how every game I sell magically gets the color DMD right as it's going out the door. It's pretty uncanny. STTNG, Tron, Fish Tales, TZ, LAH just off the top of my head..

2 years later
#247 3 years ago

I've got a Demolition Man that's pretty nice that I'll likely be letting go of sooner than later.

Current list of issues I haven't fixed, but probably will before I sell it....really this is minor shit, I just don't want to spend as much in shipping as the parts cost:

Missile button on the top of left handle doesn't work. Switch shorted. Tested at CPU with a jumper, no issue activating. It's the physical switch that's the problem.

1st Car Crash Opto doesn't work.

1 flipper bat needs replacing. Wife killed a flipper the day after we got it home and the only Williams style flipper I had was an extra one I'd dyed orange for my Space Shuttle.

1 555 LED is out on one of the multi-lamp PCBs. Haven't messed with it at all.

Some assorted mis-matched LEDs in accessible places (claw lights).

No decision on price yet, since I'd love to fix it first, but I'm not living out of my own house currently so....makes it difficult to work on it. No, there was no water or moisture damage to the game. It's on the other side of the house and they came in and tore out drywall down to studs in the affected area after sheeting it off, and brought in heaters to dry everything out for a few days.

Ideal for me would be a trade for or towards a World Poker Tournament.

5 months later
#314 2 years ago

My Iron Man is ready to go. Bought it about 6 or 7 months ago from another local collector, plays great (just set my grand champ last night at 172 million, and it's not even level and the right sling is a BIT too touchy with the new Titan rubber on there lol). Not much in the way of mods, just the color LED DMD display, ramp protectors, and carbon fiber cliffy magnet protectors. Very nice game, can't say that it's been HUO, but it's in great condition. Some wear on the Monger figurine, but what do you expect on a 11 year old bash toy? It could probably use a full teardown to get all the black rubber off, but I've replaced most of the easily accessible stuff that's the most offensive. Had to replace one of the posts for the Whiplash plastic and figure stack because a rubber broke and the screw head stripped out, so replaced what I could get to, and have the rest of the yellow Titan set for someone with more time and space when they want to do it. Also will come with the original plasma DMD in case you want to move the LED ColorDMD to something else, and the Cliffy shooter lane protector set.

Will get pics later.

4 weeks later
#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Anybody east of DFW and north of Galveston interested in trading their way into a JP Pro before the holidays? Not really interested in selling but I’d be willing to take a minor value loss in exchange. Really wanna get it out of the lineup and replace it with something I’ll play but I hate trying to deal in cash and shipping, the cat-and-mouse game gives me a headache.
Anywhere here-ish, or at least willing to meet halfway.

That would be interesting to own for a while. Wonder if I'd feel any differently than I do now (which is to say, it's probably my least favorite game in league...) after getting more time on one.

Anywhooo...... my Iron Man is for sale, and has been for a while.

Someone wants to come pick it up and pay cash, 5k. LED ColorDMD, comes with the original plasma DMD as well, and enough titan rubbers to replace all the ones I haven't already done. Has new magnet cores, carbon fiber magnet protectors, and the shooter lane protector (not installed, but I have it). Really nice game, plays great.

Also have a Demolition Man, it's not QUITE ready to go, but 3200 will be the price if someone wants to motivate me to do some minor repairs (replacing the thumb button on the handle LOL) to it, let me know.

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Iron Man is more fun to me than JP, but I’d like to stay in the Spike 2 era if possible for my own reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with hacking the Spike 2 platform, nothing to see here move along.
Demo Man is.... well, it’s Demo Man. haha

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily suggesting a trade, just thinking out loud. I'd really like to see what other people see in JP2, but it's possible I just won't ever find anything personally redeeming in the game. I seem to be in a superminority with how I feel about JP2.... I just don't get it. At all.

Totally serious about those two games being for sale though. Someone please get them out of here so I can give my tenants a new HVAC!

2 months later
#351 2 years ago

Looking for a functional but cosmetically ugly World Poker Tour.

4 months later
#387 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

https://lordofthegameroom.com/ Three flying saucers. Rare and AMAZING (was not cheap!)

Rare? They were for sale at TPF. Did Billy and Bobby stop making them or something?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-saletrade-in-texas?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.