download_(resized).jpg
x-files_11_(resized).jpg
x-files_10_(resized).jpeg
x-files_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20130808_200541_(resized).jpg
20130808_200535_(resized).jpg
20130808_200529_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago

Count me in as participating in the thread. Always good to know what is available locally. Unfortunately I'm pretty satisfied with what I have at the moment, so none of mine are for sale right now, but I know at some point that will change, especially if I can ever create any more room.

1 week later
#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I shot him an e-mail yesterday but have not heard anything back so I'm guessing they are either busy or don't have anything. Regardless, I wasn't aware of the Asheville Pinball Museum so it's nice to know for future reference.

I actually believe that every machine he has is for sell - just call during working hours and ask for TC - he is very friendly and I'm sure if he knows that you are a potential buyer he will talk to you.

1 month later
#143 8 years ago

PM sent on the wide body glass

2 months later
#176 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

DESW sold.... no longer looking for kiss... bought GOT instead

WOW Johnathan. Nice move. When you get tired of it make sure you let me know!

1 year later
#360 6 years ago

Friend of mine in Asheville (I have bought 2 pins from him and he does my difficult repairs) just picked up 9 pins last week from a closed route. He sold 4 to another operator, is probably going to stick 2 on his routes, but is planning to sell the 3 most desirable ones. (SS, CV and TAF).
I have seen all 3, almost pulled the trigger on the SS but decided it was more of a project than I would be comfortable with. They are all heavily routed (dirty, multiple bulbs out, broken rubbers, 1 broken ramp on the SS). All 3 work - a full restoration would likely require a playfield swap on all 3.
So they could be played as is or be a resto project.
He gets a lot of traffic through his shop, so he does not feel any need to advertise these pins, also he does not feel any need to ship or spend a lot of time on the phone or emailing to make a sale. He's a very reasonable guy but he knows without much effort these will all sell soon, likely to someone who just wanders into his shop. He would want any potential buyer to come look at the machines. I know he's thinking about 6K or so on the SS and CV, probably about 5.5K on the TAF, (OBO) but if someone wanted all 3 he would bundle for less.

A lot of you local guys know me - I'm no BS - just know that there could be some folks near by who might be interested in a good project or 2 or 3, so I'm throwing this out there for that reason. These won't be around for very long.

If anyone has a very serious interest PM me and I will be happy to call you and tell you more specific details on any of them, and then I can refer any serious interested parties to him.

1 year later
#380 5 years ago

CFTBL and RS in Asheville, NC. Bar owners divorcing and selling out.

I looked at them this weekend. The RS has a little too much playfield wear for me and the CFTBL is too much of a project but cosmetically better.

I know she is really motivated to sell and did not hesitate when I offered less on the phone before even seeing the pins.

So if anyone is interested and wants my assessment, especially of the CFTBL because I spent the most time looking at that one, send me a PM and I’ll be happy to speak to you by phone.

asheville.craigslist.org link

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I was interest in the CFTBL , but it being in a local pub makes me think it isn't in the best condition.

Cosmetically playfield is much better than I expected, cabinet pretty good. Filthy. Lots of switch’s out, some lights. Like I said if you want to discuss it send me a PM. But definitely somewhat of a project.

1 year later
#425 3 years ago

A friend of mine has the opportunity to pick up 2 pins from a local collector who is moving. Original owner HUO pins in excellent condition. But to make the deal he has to take both and he does not want one which is a Star Wars episode 1.

He does not want to end up doing the deal unless he knows he has a buyer for the Star Wars because he doesn’t want to get stuck with a pin he does not want. He would be willing to unload it for $2500 in order to get the other pin. A really good price for one in great condition.

He won’t ship. Is located near Asheville. If anyone might be interested send me a PM and I can get you more info.

3 weeks later
#432 3 years ago

Friend of mine has an HUO NASCAR with very few plays for sale. I saw for the first time today. Looks completely mint. Still has the goodie bag stapled inside, really and truly looks like it just came out of the box.

He doesn’t advertise on Pinside but if anyone might be interested just send me a PM and I can put you in contact with him. Told me he was thinking about $3500 but I suspect he’ll entertain reasonable offers.

3 months later
3 weeks later
5 months later
#506 2 years ago

I will likely be posting my nice IJ for sale (no trade) next week if I complete a deal for another pin this weekend. Open to any early inquiries.

2 weeks later
#510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

I will likely be posting my nice IJ for sale (no trade) next week if I complete a deal for another pin this weekend. Open to any early inquiries.

OK. It’s posted:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-132

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Nice looking game.

Thank you

3 months later
#517 2 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I'm new to the AVL area. Is there anybody in the area that's good with EM repairs? I've got a couple of pins that I could use some help with. Burnsville area but i'm willing to deliver them for repair or pay travel costs for somebody to come out.

I just sent you a PM with a good option.

1 month later
4 months later
#523 2 years ago

https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Mooresville/28117/3191232

Unfortunately this auction doesn’t take pre-sales or offers so you have to be there to bid. I am working that weekend but thought somebody close might be interested in the CV

4 months later
8 months later
#556 1 year ago

wilmington.craigslist.org link

I already have 6 of these and don’t need another. But this is a good deal if you’re close.

8 months later
#578 3 months ago

Well never mind. Sold it in 45 minutes.

#579 3 months ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Well never mind. Sold it in 45 minutes.

And the buyer just changed his mind when he found out it had 2000 plays! Back on the board.

#583 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

How dare you play your game...

No kidding. Different people have different priorities. I’ve owned > 20 pins and only 1 of them came with < 2000 plays. But if that really matters to a buyer then that’s fine with me.

With newer generation pins I actually prefer that they have a few thousand plays - that way I know they are dialed in and the bugs are worked out and I can see how the clear coat is holding up, etc.

1 month later
#593 74 days ago

Really nice collection.
(And my TMNT is still listed if anyone is interested).

#595 74 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Thank you. I love my collection, but after 2 open heart surgeries over the last 6 months, priorities have changed. All my collection is perfect/mint, so if someone is looking you any of these titles you can't go wrong here.

Sorry to hear you’ve had some issues. All very desirable pins so if you decide to sell should be able to move them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-or-trade-in-nc?tu=Jenk540i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.