download_(resized).jpg
x-files_11_(resized).jpg
x-files_10_(resized).jpeg
x-files_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20130808_200541_(resized).jpg
20130808_200535_(resized).jpg
20130808_200529_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago

Dang, that's tempting. But where would I put it? Hmmm....

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

TSPP sold to a great guy.

Obviously, someone other than me! I don't have to think about that possibility any more, which is as it should be.

1 month later
#50 8 years ago

Best of luck with the sale. (Bump!)

#55 8 years ago

I have a mid-size (not full-size) virtual pinball machine that I bought for my son, but he decided he doesn't want it. (Last time I make that mistake!) I need to make room, so shoot me a PM if you have any interest.

2 weeks later
#62 8 years ago

I picked up John's Gottlieb Vulcan recently. It's a fun EM, I knew, but what truly surprised me is that my wife enjoys playing it. (The only other pin she'll touch is TOTAN.) Makes me think I might be in the market for another EM at some point (no rush). I'd like one that is at least as good a player as Vulcan (which seems relatively complex for an EM; much more so than the Volley I used to own) and would love to find something in exceptionally good or even restored shape. Just throwing this notice out there. I am quite willing to wait for the right deal to come along. Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions now or in the future. Thanks (and thanks again to John for the sale of the Vulcan).

1 month later
#70 8 years ago

I am not trying to be a tease, just "thinking aloud" for a minute. I've been getting into EMs in a surprisingly big way recently, and that is creating a crowded game room. At some point, something (almost certainly one or two of my solid-state pins) is going to have to give. The problem is that it has taken some time and a lot of money to gather and refine the existing collection to this point, so I am not at all sure what I'd be willing to sell. Hmmm.... Watch this space.

#73 8 years ago

TOTAN is non-negotiable, at least for the foreseeable future. I just had it fully restored since it is the only ss pin my wife will play. I have a ton of money in it, too, so you could easily get a good one for considerably less.

I've had a few PMs expressing interest. I really wasn't trying to generate those, but they are helping me to consider seriously what I might sell. It helps to know what people want. I should add here that I have tended to buy at the relative high end of the spectrum since I am pretty fussy about my pins (and most everything else, I suppose!). That means I have very good pins but also that there are no great bargains in the bunch, at least based solely on the criterion of price. I am not looking to make a profit, but it is nice to break even, more or less, especially when I am not absolutely required to sell.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I've got a Jungle Lord in Wilmington for $600.

That's a good pin at a good price for someone breaking into the hobby. Good luck with the sale!

#91 8 years ago

This thread has gotten me thinking about selling one or two other things. I picked up a MAME (Multi-Arcade Machine Emulator) about a year and a half ago, thinking it would round out the game room. Well, I rarely play video games, so the thing has been turned on about once every four to six months. It's just using up a slot in which I could put another pin, so I think I'll let it go. It has a huge number of games on it. The guy who built it said, I think, something like fifteen hundred, but I have never begun to count them, much less attempt to play them all, so I couldn't say just how many there are. It has most of the classics, of course, and tons of other stuff. Some of the obscure emulations don't really work, but most games are just fine. There are two controllers, so it works well for head-to-head games. Nothing wrong with it, but I'd rather have another pin. $650 OBO. MAME.jpgMAME.jpg

#94 8 years ago

EDIT: Game is now sold. Goodbye, Rudy! We're going to miss you, but you're going to a good home.
IMG_0488.jpgIMG_0488.jpg

#96 8 years ago

Well, for the right buyer...

1 month later
#124 8 years ago

Has anyone in the Triangle or Triad area of NC already received their MMr? If so, please PM me. I'd like to chat about it. Thanks.

#128 8 years ago

Yeah. Keep wondering if it's worth it.

2 weeks later
#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

1962 Uniteds Bonus Baseball pitch bat pinball machine for sale.

I've toyed with getting a P&B many times. I'll think about this one, but I just don't think I have the space for it. Sigh...

6 months later
#230 7 years ago

Hi, all. This is a preliminary announcement that I will follow up later in more detail with anyone who is interested. I learned recently that we are moving from Durham, NC, to Texas. The area we'll be moving into is exceptionally expensive, and the houses have no basements, so we're going to have to downsize significantly. I am guessing that our 17 pin collection will have to be reduced to 10-12. I will first offer these at our actual cost. If no one wants them within a few weeks, I'll reduce prices incrementally until I sell enough pins for the move. At this point, the pins I am considering selling are a Williams Gusher, Williams Jig Saw, Gottlieb Harbor Lites, Gottlieb Surf Champ, Williams Cyclone, Williams Twilight Zone, Zaccaria Time Machine, and Data East Jurassic Park. All of these are in very good to excellent shape, as anyone in the area who has seen our collection can attest. I should say that I did pay up for each of these pins, so there are no great bargains to be had. I like pins in fine shape, and that was what I was willing to pay for. Like anyone else, I'd prefer to minimize my losses, if possible. On the other hand, I have no intention of making any money on these deals. I greatly prefer to sell to persons who can come to our house, see and play the machines for themselves. That's why I am mentioning this here first and not yet advertising on Pinside. I'll answer serious inquiries as I have time, but please understand that my life has been turned upside down, and I am working very long hours to try to prepare for this move. Also, I will be out of town May 2nd-6th. So, please be patient as I try to sort all of this out. Thanks!

#232 7 years ago

Thanks. It is frustrating to spend so much time and money building up the collection only to have to sell off a third of it in a hurry. Most of the pins listed I've had for less than a year. In fact, most of them have barely been played because of shoulder and arm surgery I had back in December. Still, you have to do what you have to do.

Why don't they have basements in Texas?! We have been spoiled by having a 1,500 sq. ft. basement here in NC. Always seemed like I could cram in one more pin.

#235 7 years ago

I just sold the TZ to a local Pinsider. (Specifically, I have a nonrefundable deposit, and I believe he'll pick up the pin tomorrow.)

Cyclone looks like it might have a buyer. I'm awaiting final word.

I'll still need to sell 3-5 more pins. The woodrails really are delightful (Harbor Lites in particular is a great period piece with terrific art). If you don't have one in your collection, you might consider it.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Anyways, if you decide to sell the whitewater, let me know

Thanks. That would be really tough! But never say never. We'll see what sells.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Craig, did you see if Joe Miller (Owner of the Baxter) was interested in any of the woodrails? He's doing some kind of pinball museum project in Durham and is supposed to be buying my 1947 Mexico.

That's a great tip. I had no idea. Do you by any chance know his contact info? If so, could you PM me? Thanks!

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Hate to hear you have to move Craig. Looks like your off to a good start selling.`

Thanks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up moving back here to retire. We love this area.

1 week later
#245 7 years ago

Are there any fellow audiophiles in the Triangle area? Due to the move, I think I'll also part with my collection of audio magazines going back to the 1980s (approx. 286 magazines in all). It's a treasure trove of audio info. I think there is real value to these, so I'd like to sell them as a group. Please send me a PM if you think you'd be interested. Thanks.

While I'm at it, does anyone still watch laserdiscs? I have 75 movies to unload, including about 25 kids' films (mostly Disney). Going cheap!

Still looking... I have at least two unopened subwoofers (Polk and Sony) that I don't particular want to haul to Texas.

#250 7 years ago

Hi, all. I've now sold six pins in anticipation of moving. I think that's about all I can tolerate getting rid of. I do have a few subs, however, that I don't think I'll use now that I've cut my collection down. Thanks to all who expressed an interest in the pins.

Oh, and does anybody need a used Whitewater ramp and plastic mountains set? Nothing great, but it could be a cheap solution, if you're looking for one. I've got lots of other parts, but I am not sure I'll get time to list them.

3 weeks later
#269 7 years ago

Hi. This is my first time back on the forum in a while. I am making several trips for the new job while also trying to pack for the move. My wife and I are both awfully tired, but we keep moving forward.

Anyway, I have quite a few sheets of pinball glass that I'd be happy to give to anyone who wants to pick them up. I haven't pulled them out to see how many there are, but it's several. The condition varies. Certainly, some of them are quite presentable. I just don't want to haul them all the way to Dallas.

As I mentioned before, I don't think I'll keep all of the subs I bought but have barely used. Most of these are Polks, and I'd sell them for $80 each. I guess I'll hold onto a couple of them, but I own more than I am likely to use. (Actually, the out of box ones I'd sell for $70 each. As I said, they've barely been used.)

I have some other bits and pieces, but I haven't had the time to sort through it all. I hope to post more eventually, but time is running out.

7 years later
#600 31 days ago

Hi, all. I recently moved back to Durham, NC, after spending several years in Texas. I am having unusual difficulty getting two of my pins (Indiana Jones, White Water) running. Assuming I can't fix them on my own, I am wondering if there is anyone in the area I might call on for help. I greatly appreciate any suggestions you might offer here or by PM. Also, I am looking forward to connecting with other collectors now that I am back in the area! Thanks!

#605 30 days ago

Thanks so much for these replies, folks. Very greatly appreciated. Yes, these are mainly reset issues, although right now IJ fails to boot entirely. Really appreciate connecting with folks back here in NC. Sorry I missed the auction the other day. I would have gone had I realized it was happening. I have the next few dates on my calendar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-or-trade-in-nc?tu=Craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.