69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
3b550a8f40851b8421ae42c623f7950327fd6db5_(resized).jpg
There are 1,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 38.
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Guy was a collector. Didn't seem like it was his grail. Just a hard to find machine.
I am getting back BSD tonight though. The person I traded with is also a pinsider so not going to go into depth. The short is we exchanged pictures. Talked on the phone. Traded in a parking lot without opening the machines up. (Yes, dumb move.) Come home to find the machine was not in the condition I was led to believe.
In their defense they offered to trade back. They also offered to help with parts. On my end I feel I got a player's project machine when I was expecting an average machine that had no real issues. Just sucks because i will be out 8 hours in work to pull both trips and 60 in gas.

You take the condition of pinball machines very seriously and your attention to detail when evaluating a pin deal is the highest out of the handful of collectors I have met. Knowing that, I think a parking lot deal involving untested/barely seen pinball machines sounds like a bizarre way for such a collector to do business--and that's not a negative review of you, but you should let fellow collectors know that you are very passionate and strict in your assessments. I doubt he was trying to hide anything from you, but probably doesn't have as keen of an eye for details as you.

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You take the condition of pinball machines very seriously and your attention to detail when evaluating a pin deal is the highest out of the handful of collectors I have met. Knowing that, I think a parking lot deal involving untested/barely seen pinball machines sounds like a bizarre way for such a collector to do business--and that's not a negative review of you, but you should let fellow collectors know that you are very passionate and strict in your assessments. I doubt he was trying to hide anything from you, but probably doesn't have as keen of an eye for details as you.

I've done a lot of trades. There are always things that get overlooked. We aren't trading restored machines and all in all I've been very happy with my trades. I've done three parking lot deals and I've been burned on all three. All with people off pinside actually.

Calling me picky is fine, but here is the last I will say about this mishap. We exchanged pictures. I talked to them over the phone to get a description and touch on some areas of concern. Was told that no its fine, all good, nice game, etc. They got it from a friend who got it from a local op who took great care of his machines.

After getting it home and figuring out I got had I was told sorry, they never looked over or played before they bought it from their friend. They didn't bother to look it over or test to make sure it worked before they traded with me. It sat in their shed for 3 weeks, they took a couple pictures, failed to notice issues I asked them about specifically. They loaded it up without having ever played it.

Now, call me picky, but if I am going to put my name out there and say anything about something I will at least play it. I had someone email me last night about buying bsd on my way to retrieve it. I didn't respond until I had the machine setup and tested it.

#503 8 years ago

I wish I was more picky. I got burned a little with my deal on BSD. Playfield had planking I didn't notice. The red on the cabinet was colored in with a marker. I could probably cause a stink and get him to take it back and take another one of his games but I decided I probably wouldn't find another one and it plays good. But I have learned a lesson for next time.

#504 8 years ago

Everyone has a different idea of "clean" "nice" "pristine" etc. I am very picky about my games. If you tell me it is HUO and pristine then it better not have token mechs, dirt in the cabinet, scuffs on the headboard, play field wear, wear around flipper buttons, hacked boards, dinged up balls, or even burned out lights or a dirty play field.

I might buy a routed game, but I want to know beforehand. I will pay accordingly. Condition is king when it comes to machines as I like to display them like art and play them as well. It drives me nuts to even see slight ball trails or fingerprints on the glass. How hard is it to spend an hour per month cleaning your machines so that they last a lifetime? Considering the prices of machines today it would seem to me that people would take better care of them. Of course, a routed machine is a whole different topic, but even a routed machine placed in a good location can still be properly maintained and taken care of. If it is in a smokey bar or similar I don't want it at any price.

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

If you tell me it is HUO and pristine then it better not have token mechs

Then if I ever buy a NIB game, you'll want to avoid buying from me, because I'll be installing token mechs in mine. I feel more of a connection to my game when I have to put tokens in it. Makes me feel like I'm back in the arcade. I'll even grab $2 worth of tokens to keep in my back pocket to play my $.50 game.

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Then if I ever buy a NIB game, you'll want to avoid buying from me, because I'll be installing token mechs in mine. I feel more of a connection to my game when I have to put tokens in it. Makes me feel like I'm back in the arcade. I'll even grab $2 worth of tokens to keep in my back pocket to play my $.50 game.

You just gave me a brilliant idea to have my kids earn tokens to play our games! A much more task specific item vs. quarters.

#507 8 years ago

it better not have token mechs

I never knew this was something different from regular coin mechs. Would someone care to enlighten me with info and pics?

#508 8 years ago

Just accepts a different size voin is all, slot on the door is the same, just a little different on the backside. When I have had games at MSA we just swap them out, takes about 30 seconds.

#509 8 years ago

Everyone has a different idea of "clean" "nice" "pristine" etc.

This is very true. I went and looked at a "fair" arcade game that "turns on but is not playable" recently. His "fair" was mold, rust, spiders, and mice (both a nest and a skeleton on the fuses). "Turns on" meant the lights in the coin door came on and the monitor hummed.

#510 8 years ago

One from pinball life is standard quarter (black), red one is token from suzohapp.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=15
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/42-3064-100

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#511 8 years ago

The mech that came with my Laser War was a $.25 mech. I've got a TOOOOOOOONNNNNNN of various nickel-sized tokens. There's about 10 different sizes all very similar. So I just un-destructively modified the mech to pretty much take anything larger than a dime, and smaller than a half-dollar. It's works well, and makes me feel all nostalgic inside.

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The mech that came with my Laser War was a $.25 mech. I've got a TOOOOOOOONNNNNNN of various nickel-sized tokens. There's about 10 different sizes all very similar. So I just un-destructively modified the mech to pretty much take anything larger than a dime, and smaller than a half-dollar. It's works well, and makes me feel all nostalgic inside.

Thought my neighbor was the only one local with a Laser War. Fun game!

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Thought my neighbor was the only one local with a Laser War. Fun game!

Sold mine last year, but kept the mech. Think the guy who bought it is up in Chicagoland. Was great to learn on all around. Learned a lot about maintenance and fixing issues with it. Games on it were very short though.

#514 8 years ago

Thanks for the info Dung...had some interest but I guess not ready to pull the trigger.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. No more parking lot deals...shame that too many people out there who are lazy and not looking out for anyone but themselves.

#515 8 years ago

Not saying I was surprised it sold. Just asking how you got more for it? Didn't know if it was another ad or a bidding war..... now I don't think it's worth it but that does not mean someone else will not, obviously he bought it and he clearly thinks it's worth a lot more since he listed it for sale for 4400. at that rate it will be 10000 by Christmas. and I am certainty not jealous lol, if I wanted one I would have bought the one that was for sale in grandrapids. Just thought I would clarify what I was saying, I was not knocking your sale

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

Thanks for the info Dung...had some interest but I guess not ready to pull the trigger.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. No more parking lot deals...shame that too many people out there who are lazy and not looking out for anyone but themselves.

That or should just start avoiding dealing people off pinside. Love when people say buy from a pinsider to a newbie. To date, every single headache I've had buying/trading was with a pinsider. I've talked to scumbags on facebook, but the ones I've had dealings with have been great. Also have had great luck with KLOV. Pinside has a few great people I've met, but more likely to be collectors looking to screw others over. Frankly it is just said that craigslist is a better way of dealing with people than the main collector's forum for this hobby. Just goes to show how toxic collecting has become.

#517 8 years ago

Lord of the Rings has sold.

In attempting to pull the balls out before folding it up, shattered the pf glass. Luckily it was off the game already and I had a spare to give him.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wish I was more picky. I got burned a little with my deal on BSD. Playfield had planking I didn't notice. The red on the cabinet was colored in with a marker. I could probably cause a stink and get him to take it back and take another one of his games but I decided I probably wouldn't find another one and it plays good. But I have learned a lesson for next time.

I have a feeling I know where you got your BSD.

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Lord of the Rings has sold.
In attempting to pull the balls out before folding it up, shattered the pf glass. Luckily it was off the game already and I had a spare to give him.

How did you shatter the glass? I'm always terrified of this happening...

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I have a feeling I know where you got your BSD.

Well the guy I bought it from was pretty clueless even though he used to own 40 pins. Maybe you know the guy before.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well the guy I bought it from was pretty clueless even though he used to own 40 pins. Maybe you know the guy before.

Did this guy live in mooresville by chance?

#522 8 years ago

Haven't seen this much activity in an Indiana thread since.....well ever I'm pretty sure. Keep it up everyone.

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

How did you shatter the glass? I'm always terrified of this happening...

Was just holding it when it popped. Didn't even have it touching anything.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Was just holding it when it popped. Didn't even have it touching anything.

Thanks. Now I'm even MORE terrified of exploding glass.

#525 8 years ago

I read somewhere that glass can shatter basically spontaneously if someone has a buildup of static electricity.

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Did this guy live in mooresville by chance?

Martinsville. He's got an ad on CL right now. I told him to save the BOP for me.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Martinsville. He's got an ad on CL right now. I told him to save the BOP for me.

I will send a pm.

#528 8 years ago

Would really like to find a Hook for my son.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

To date, every single headache I've had buying/trading was with a pinsider.

I've sold countless items and games here on Pinside and have yet to have a truly horrible interaction. No not everyone is cool, but I've found most Pinsiders to be some of the coolest and legit people around. Just sayin

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I've sold countless items and games here on Pinside and have yet to have a truly horrible interaction. No not everyone is cool, but I've found most Pinsiders to be some of the coolest and legit people around. Just sayin

Yep I am definitely more on this boat, pinsiders I have dealt with have been fine. Craigslist is a 50/50 split to me.

#531 8 years ago

Agree, I have never met a bad person here on pinside, all transactions have been great.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

And great for you, but on my end 4 of the people I've dealt with on here I'd never like to cross paths with again.

CL has a lot of flacks, lotta crappy offers via email, but if they show up to my door they buy it 90 percent of the time. I've gone and looked at machines locally that I was on the fence about getting only to walk home empty handed. I have never gone further than 45 minutes and not been able to negotiate a deal that worked. The reason is that people who don't know anything about pins tend to be honest if you ask them to look for specific things. Collectors who are less than honest know exactly what to lie about.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Agree, I have never met a bad person here on pinside, all transactions have been great.

YMMV. I have dealt with many great people on here, both in person and long distance. I actually had (what I consider) a decent deal with (the infamous) Choggard in person. But he was clearly a tool to others and was scamming folks. No good/bad generalization will cover it all.

#534 8 years ago

I agree completely. Yes there are good guys here, but its hit and miss. Buying/selling on CL is more straight forward.

Quoted from dung:

And great for you, but on my end 4 of the people I've dealt with on here I'd never like to cross paths with again.
CL has a lot of flacks, lotta crappy offers via email, but if they show up to my door they buy it 90 percent of the time. I've gone and looked at machines locally that I was on the fence about getting only to walk home empty handed. I have never gone further than 45 minutes and not been able to negotiate a deal that worked. The reason is that people who don't know anything about pins tend to be honest if you ask them to look for specific things. Collectors who are less than honest know exactly what to lie about.

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I mostly agree, have bought two pins from pinsiders with no problems, perfect transactions, very good people to deal with. I also ordered a set of used LW3 plastics from a pinsider named Dirt_Mcgirt back in February. The plastics never shipped despite his many promises to ship them. I finally opened a case with paypal and received my refund a few days ago. It was a frustrating experience, but 99% of pinsiders are not like that from what I've seen. Cash and carry is the way to go if possible, otherwise paypal offers protection if you don't mind waiting to go through the dispute process.

#536 8 years ago

I'd love to become a member of the White Water club! I'm looking for a project or routed machine that I can take the time and put some work into bringing another game back from the brink. Willing to travel a bit if the right deal comes along.

Let me know what you have or if you know of any leads.

#537 8 years ago

Looking for a beater 80s pin to re-theme. PM me if you gots anything!

#538 8 years ago

Somebody sell me a nice Cirqus Voltaire. I have cash for a ticket into the Cirqus

#539 8 years ago

I have decent swords of fury for sale on southbend craigslist and a few others

#540 8 years ago

I have a super sweet CV just west of Chiraq! A sample game. Beautiful cabinet, purple neon, skinny ringmaster, LEDs, clean as a whistle. $8500 obo.

20151230_223340_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223340_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223344_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223344_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223443_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223443_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223450_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223450_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223547_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223547_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223553_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223553_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223627_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223627_resized_(resized).jpg

20151230_223633_resized_(resized).jpg20151230_223633_resized_(resized).jpg

#541 8 years ago

I've got a CV just as nice that I would sell for $7,500. PM for details..

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Nice "cock block"

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Savage.

#544 8 years ago

So only two cirque for sale in IN? No other pins? Any?

#545 8 years ago

I hope you guys giving the 7500 CV a hard time are joking. Surely you don't think the first business to answer a request is the only one allowed to mention they have a CV. If I were looking, I would appreciate anyone who had one for sale would mention it, especially if it were at a more reasonable price. If you guys were being sarcastic, I'm sorry, I couldn't tell.

#546 8 years ago

Hi Guys, I don't mean to intrude, but I am looking for a 1966 Bally Capersville pinball machine. PM if you have one, or know of one that could be for sale in the future. If I didn't spend my teen years in Naperville Illinois, I probably wouldn't be asking. I am trying to plan a road trip and want to hit untraveled Interstates 74, 65 and/or 69 depending on the current grail pin location. Thanks, Mike V

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I hope you guys giving the 7500 CV a hard time are joking. Surely you don't think the first business to answer a request is the only one allowed to mention they have a CV. If I were looking, I would appreciate anyone who had one for sale would mention it, especially if it were at a more reasonable price. If you guys were being sarcastic, I'm sorry, I couldn't tell.

Being so obvious is the rude point. I wouldn't call out someone else's machine if I was trying to sell one of the same kind. Now if he came on and said something like "Oh hey, I'm selling my CV as well. It's $7500 and in great shape, give it a look." Then I'd give the guy a pass.

#548 8 years ago

A few odds and ends for sale locally:
1. Stern Seawitch backglass - $150
2. Williams coin box - $30
3. Classic Stern coin box - $30
4. A bunch of new 44/47 LEDs (multiple colors) - $.50 each
5. Atari Star Wars coin box - $75
6. Ms PacMan cocktail table (gorgeous w 60 day warranty and burn free CRT) - $1000
7. A bunch of new non-LED 555s - $.25 each

1 week later
#549 7 years ago

It looks like my buddy has decided to post his DESW to CL.

If you want to give that much, that's cool, just be sure to check it out completely. Unless he got it fixed, there were some issues when I looked at it.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I don't mean to intrude

Too late, Intruder.

There are 1,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-in-indiana/page/11?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.