(Topic ID: 104770)

What do you prefer, The Avengers LE or Transformers LE?

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's better?”

• Transformers LE 74 votes
    57%
  • Avengers LE 55 votes
    43%

(129 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

transformer.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have not played AVLE and only played TFLE a couple of times. I wanted to hear what so bad or good about them and which is better?

I see them selling for about the same money.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I just can't get into either of these games at all.

This is kind of what I may gather, I have enough pins at the moment, I was thinking with these LEs falling into the $4-thousands may they be worth while? I think maybe but they may not be the type of games I'm looking for but I am going to watch some of the video.

I was curious about the Iron hide PF on TFLE what does that do? What does it replace on the pro or why is it disliked so? Does anyone have a handy video that clearly shows this area?

I played TFLE last year for the first and only time just a few games but it was also right next to AcDc premium, IM and Met pro (all four pins I had never played before) we were on vacation and my wife was sitting in the car so I only had like 90 minutes for all four pins, it was like speed dating so I quickly stopped playing TFLE to get more games on Met and AcDc and IM. But in my rush really didn't give TFLE a fair shake.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yup, and that is one of the reason's some dislike the game. If you don't know the strategy and are also shooting the shots necessary to progress through the game it will turn what felt like a rewarding ball into a disappointing ball. This is one of the reasons why I like the game so much. You can't just blow a score away like some other pins by just keeping a ball alive. This can be a good or bad thing based off the player.
Sorry OP if some of these back and forth conversations aren't inline with the thread. I think they are good discussions which could help you with your initial question.

While I agree that AV looks better this also gets a lot of dispute. Some absolutely hate the "Christmas tree" lighting of the LE o AV. Some like the red and purple theme of TF while others think it's to dark. With that said, I don't think either got decent artwork as both are a bit disappointing in that regard.

All good points, I appreciate it. I was just thinking as a nice example is not far but my rational mind says I don't have room for another pin at the moment. I think, rather than get involved with either I will just focus on my current pins.

I was figuring if I got a good enough deal it might be ok but, I'm starting to be more selective as my space is gone (I am out of room but as a pinsider always thinking maybe I can fit another pin somewhere)

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Take a weekend trip to NYC.
Visit the Intrepid, WTC Museum, Museum of Natural History, Little Italy AND Modern Pinball...who happen to have both Avengers LE & Transformers LE.

I may be going to NYC this year, not sure if my wife will go for it.

where are the pins located?

#80 5 years ago

Sounds like spit decision.

From the discussions, I would lean towards TF if it's easier shooting and flow. I played AV pro (at Disney) and did not like it much. I played several games, more from curiosity than actually enjoying playing the game, that said it was likely 15% not working.

I was curious, if someone could explain how much TF is like LOTR? I mean are they same/similar layouts/shots?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

TF is nothing like Lotr. Nada.

I misread a post about LOTR my bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Novato, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside