(Topic ID: 104770)

What do you prefer, The Avengers LE or Transformers LE?

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's better?”

• Transformers LE 74 votes
    57%
  • Avengers LE 55 votes
    43%

(129 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

transformer.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Owned Both; AVLE gets the nod slightly. TFLE is easier to shoot and follow and a bit more simplistic overall. So if youre after that, then go TFLE. But im with TheLaw, that mini pf on TFLE is horrid! maybe try a TF Pro?

#58 9 years ago

Had Gomez supported the code development for either of these titles, they would have been great successes. So much potential in both titles; instead they are average fun games. Not bad, but not great either.

#75 9 years ago

85vett is getting unlawfully beat up in this thread. What people don't realize about AV, is most of its issues can be resolved in a huo environment. The game absolutely sucks on location and in tournaments because the maintenance that is required. The BW ramp stuck ball - easy adjustment to fix if any. In my experience it was just a pitch/leveling issue. Loki ball stuck - easy screw adjustment and I even think stern released a decal to place over the rivet ? I will say this, the hulk stuck balls suck!! The only real fix for this is raising the hulk arms up enough so the ball can go in and out freely. Hulk still works perfectly fine as a bash target. However, the challenge of the hulk super JP is taken away from this as you won't have to hit hulk then the super JP in a matter of a fraction of a few seconds time difference. It's a very satisfying super jackpot and I think the only real super JP shot on a stern in a few years or more?

In any case; a little more effort by Gomez and a some extra code support could have easily fixed a lot of this and gave avengers a much better wrap than it deserves. The call outs to me are awesome! I don't get the negative comments on fake actors on this title. Most of the time fake actor call outs suck, but avengers is the exception.

As for TF, i got an entire year of addicting fun play out of mine. Very underrated, and as 85vett mentioned, remove the Ironhide control gate! Then tweak a few adjustments in the settings and IH isn't so bad anymore. TF has been one of the biggest crowd pleasers amongst guests as it's rule sheet is straight forward and easily understandable. Plus the sounds, music, effects are over the top excellent! I still want to play a pro someday! Who has one in so cal for me to try?

That all said; my original choice was AVLE > TFLE; but today I remember how much fun I had with TFLE in that year, I think I would take that fun back before AVLE.

1 week later
#94 9 years ago

Looking at my old videos of TFLE and AVLE; I much much much prefer avengers over TFLE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-videos#post-1967738

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-better-avengers-le-or-transformers-le?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.