(Topic ID: 172251)

What's best method of cleaning Bally score reel?

By Madmax541

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

One of my games I used Novus 2 pretty roughly and it came out great, another I touched the paint with my finger and it fell off

Exactly same for me. Plus first time you do it thinking it will be fine, not only can it remove the black from the number (time to get the Sharpie out and a steady hand) but also smears the black ink onto the white of the reel, which then means super careful cleaning to remove the smear without messing up more numbers!

So now I always try a tiny bit with initially just a fresh soft micro-fibre and super light touch. If no loss of paint, I move up to krud kutter, or Novus 2, but always very very carefully!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-best-method-of-cleaning-bally-score-reel?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.