Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nickbuol
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29 (resized).jpg
    25 (resized).jpg
    28 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1393 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1381 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7370 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1358 (resized).JPG
    Indy 500 (resized).png
    acdc (resized).jpg
    f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

VPX was released and it allows 3D models and advanced lighting to be used. The physics is improved and the whole table looks glossy and objects reflect off the playfield. Recent releases include improved Indiana Jones, ACDC LE/Premium, Monster Bash and many more. Some amazing works in progress to be released soon. A few more sites popped up with new authors like vpinball.com and monsterbashpincab.com that have some beautiful tables to download. Now's a great time to make that 3 screen cab you've wanted to make. I'm still using the hyperpin front end but lots of people have moved onto the pinballx front-end

#5 6 years ago

Here is an actual image of a new VPX Indiana Jones that was released. This isn't the VP that you used to play!

IJ_1.1fs (resized).pngIJ_1.1fs (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

Last image, but just to show you what 2 talented guys can do with the new features in VPX. One guy modelled all of the toys from scratch. Phenominal and really fun to play.

MBX_FS (resized).pngMBX_FS (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

See that's what I'm talking about! Never has VP looked so real. Beautiful gtxjoe!

#21 6 years ago

This site has their own tables and the ones I sent screenshots. you have to login with your username/password in order to see the links to download. ACDC LEs,LUCY and PREMIUM, MB and IJ and a bunch more are there. Click on the picture of the table in the download section and you'll see a layout of the machine and backglass. You can download the table by clicking on the playfield and the backglass/directb2s by clicking on the backglass. You'll figure it out

Also,. check out the WIP section for tables being built now....

Quoted from DEN:

nice, but where da hell is download files on most tabels? i have found AFM and CV download, ACDC, MB, IJ no download appears, wierd!
    Are these tabels the same as on vpforums, or better VPX tabels?

#23 6 years ago

First off, ensure you have a decent windows PC (i5 processor or better) and recent nVidia video card with at least 1GB (2Gb is better) if you are doing this from scratch. People that complain about lag and running VP usually have old hardware and you'll suffer for that.

There is a VP all in one installer here. VPX (10.3)
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

To run the latest rom based tables you'll need vpinmame
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/6-pinmame/ (install the aug 2 full version and vpinmame 2.8b update from Jan)

you'll also need the roms to run the tables (some are at these sites, others at vpuniverse and monsterbashpincab.com)

you'll need directb2s backglasses if you want rom controlled lighting on your backglass. these are available at all of the sites above. there is a DOF config tool at vpuniverse for cabinets and force feedback (solenoids, etc)

You'll need a front end to run everything if you are making a cab (hyperpin or pinballx, just search for them). With the front end you'll need a backglass/playfield image/wheel art to display each table, but these are usually available too or you can screenprint from a table you are playing to get the backglass/playfieild image.

Its alot to take in, but worth it and the sites are helpful with other enthusiasts. New games and updated games come out weekly.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys where do I get the best/latest VP emulator?

#27 6 years ago

the bin has to be zipped

acdc pro 1.68 needs to be named acd_168.zip
    acdc prem/le 1.68 needs to be named acd_168h.zip

Quoted from DEN:

okey, im totally hooked and play MB like crazy, i have a couple of years old pc, but MB runs sooo smooth, in multiball also, BUT IJ playes like crap, ball moves bad.
    Did download AC DC tabel bur the rom is a .bin file and game doesent run, doo you know what to doo? its a big rom file, i think its becouse of all the music maby

#36 6 years ago

Remove the directb2s from Star Trek LE and it should get the controlled inserts working. There is an issue with the timing and I don't know if there is a fix, but that worked for me.

For ACDC I don't have this issue, but maybe try the other LE version that is also on the site. There are actually 4 different tables to try, so try the AC-DC_Let There Be Rock LE-1.2 version and see if that works for you. Its the same game but a different backglass but it has its own table file. You can try the premium and Luci too.

Quoted from DEN:

Okey, got me a nice graficcard and i7 3770cpu, clean installed win10 and vpx, games like IJ congo MB runs smooth and sexy, stern however.... DMD animations are so slow, gameplay is fine, also please look at my stern ACDC table, ni G I lights, how doo i turn em on? and Stern Star trek also playes well, but only flashers work, NO inserts, What did i doo wrong? i only use my mail display, did i get a wrong SAM file? help please.

#41 6 years ago

Post your hardware and we can try to figure what you're missing. The Ac-DC tables run flawlessly on my cab.
    Cpu, memory,processor,video card

Quoted from DEN:

yay, i got GI on slingshots and on right inlane, yaaay, stern GI sucks

#42 6 years ago

Here is my configuration for comparision. I am running a 3 screen pin2k style cabinet.

processor: i5-4590 @3.3ghz
    motherboard - gigabyte
    ram - 4gb
    windows 7 64 bit
    nVidia GTX 750Ti
    5 flasher array
    650watt power supply
    120gb SSD drive

backbox 27inch screen, 15 inch reflecting screen, 37 inch vizio in game mode for playfield.

All 4 ACDC recently released tables run at 200fps on my rig, other tables run faster than that. You need at least 100fps or you will have lag/missing features. The most important hardware is the processor (i5 or better cpu) and the video card (nVidia GTX 750ti or better).

#45 6 years ago

Your video card can't process the graphics if you are getting low fps. I would swap out the card with the gtx 750ti and you will immediately see a difference. Your card will be fine for most tables but not the VPX tables.

Quoted from DEN:

I have i7 cpu. 16gb ram. Nvidia gt630 graficcard.
    So you are saying becouse i have lower fps then 100, GI lights on stern tabels are missing? Sorry but i dont think the problem is there. I did maby something whong when adding stern to my vpx. Just dont know what

#49 6 years ago

I really think the video card needs to be upgraded. The Stern SAM tables are the most taxing of all tables to run.

Quoted from DEN:

Acdc on disctopmode. Over 100FSP no gi lights.

2 weeks later
    #83 6 years ago

Dual Core won't cut it for VPX. I have another computer with a similar config as this one and it can't play the new vpx tables like ACDC. It can play any other VP9 table or pm5 table, just not the new ones. You really need i5 or better with the newer video card since tables are just getting more and more demanding, yet much nicer.

Quoted from DEN:

My tabels works with higt fps on pinballX now. Don't know how i fixed it
    Its a joy to play.
    I have an intel douCore 3.0 ghz computer with 4gigs ram. If i put my 1050ti gfx card in that, will it be enough to play vp in full hd?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-best-in-visual-pinball-today?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.