Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nickbuol
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29 (resized).jpg
    25 (resized).jpg
    28 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1393 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1381 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7370 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1358 (resized).JPG
    Indy 500 (resized).png
    acdc (resized).jpg
    f (resized).jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Hi guys. I built vp few years ago. Installed vp9 tabels and future pinball.
    Years have gone by, what doo people use today in a pin cabinet? Want to build again.
    Best tabels/gameplay and frontend? Thanks

#2 6 years ago

VPX was released and it allows 3D models and advanced lighting to be used. The physics is improved and the whole table looks glossy and objects reflect off the playfield. Recent releases include improved Indiana Jones, ACDC LE/Premium, Monster Bash and many more. Some amazing works in progress to be released soon. A few more sites popped up with new authors like vpinball.com and monsterbashpincab.com that have some beautiful tables to download. Now's a great time to make that 3 screen cab you've wanted to make. I'm still using the hyperpin front end but lots of people have moved onto the pinballx front-end

#3 6 years ago

well, as Luv said...

even if i still have some "bad" feeling with the VPX physics (its already much better than initial release), some tables are already a true piece of art

but as a player, i'm still using lots of VP9+PM5 releases

pinballx seems the frontend to use, surelly more easy to configure than hyperpin

#4 6 years ago

I don't play VP for about 3 years now lol but reading your comments I guess I'm gonna download VPX just to try it out.

#5 6 years ago

Here is an actual image of a new VPX Indiana Jones that was released. This isn't the VP that you used to play!

IJ_1.1fs (resized).pngIJ_1.1fs (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

That does look nice,not what I was expecting to be shown.
    -Mike

#7 6 years ago

Last image, but just to show you what 2 talented guys can do with the new features in VPX. One guy modelled all of the toys from scratch. Phenominal and really fun to play.

MBX_FS (resized).pngMBX_FS (resized).png

#8 6 years ago

I will add one too

IMG_0010.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

#9 6 years ago

See that's what I'm talking about! Never has VP looked so real. Beautiful gtxjoe!

#10 6 years ago

Whiouwww looks nice, does vp still have that lag from you press to flipper goes up? Having a pin collection i just couldn't adjust my gameplay to delay and niether could my pin boddies. Has it been fixed?

How about arcadepinball? Is that for cabinet also? Or only iphone/android still? Propper cabinet support??

#11 6 years ago

The BAM head tracking with kinect is sick

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Whiouwww looks nice, does vp still have that lag from you press to flipper goes up? Having a pin collection i just couldn't adjust my gameplay to delay and niether could my pin boddies. Has it been fixed?
    How about arcadepinball? Is that for cabinet also? Or only iphone/android still? Propper cabinet support??

Flipper lag is a symptom under-powered PC hardware.

The hardware requirements for VPX is much higher then the VP9 versions. To get good resolution and flipper performance on a Cabinet with a large screen you will need a beefy rig. I would advise at least a fast I5 processor,4-8gb ram and a fast Nvidia card say a GTX9000 series or higher.

VPX version 10.3 has been released. The table releases just keep looking better all the time, very realistic. Depending on the authors tuning of the physics, some play very close to the real pin's.

I know that it's never as good as the real pin, but the recently released Monster Bash shown above is one of those with good physics tuning. I used to own the pin and this one is very similar play wise.
    Rich

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from RYSR:

The hardware requirements for VPX is much higher then the VP9 versions. To get good resolution and flipper performance on a Cabinet with a large screen you will need a beefy rig. I would advise at least a fast I5 processor,4-8gb ram and a fast Nvidia card say a 9000 series or higher.
    VPX version 10.3 has been released. The table releases just keep looking better all the time, very realistic. Depending on the authors tuning of the physics, some play very close to the real pin's.
    Rich

Help me out here, what is the rough estimate on a computer ready for this build? I've got old tvs laying about already so that's "free".

Probably numerous threads on this already so if you know of one hit me the link.

Like I need another cabinet in the room

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from RYSR:

The hardware requirements for VPX is much higher then the VP9 versions. To get good resolution and flipper performance on a Cabinet with a large screen you will need a beefy rig. I would advise at least a fast I5 processor,4-8gb ram and a fast Nvidia card say a GTX9000 series or higher.
    I know that it's never as good as the real pin, but the recently released Monster Bash shown above is one of those with good physics tuning. I used to own the pin and this one is very similar play wise.
    Rich

Im looking at vpforums. Cant see MB under VPX tabels. Only under old 9x. Doo you havd a link?

#15 6 years ago

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/download-page/tables-vpx/

this website has some very good tables.

As a recent VP cabs owner, I can't believe the quality of tables out there - especially the new vpx ones. You just have to know your stuff if you want to keep the table updated b/c new games come out every day it seems. WCS is a really good new one too off that website

#16 6 years ago

OMG!!! Here I go again.... Lemme check my PC hardware and off to the download sites!!!

#17 6 years ago

These table recreations have really come a long way since I was messing with this stuff many years ago. I may have to get one of these for my last hole in the gameroom.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/download-page/tables-vpx/
    this website has some very good tables.
    As a recent VP cabs owner, I can't believe the quality of tables out there - especially the new vpx ones. You just have to know your stuff if you want to keep the table updated b/c new games come out every day it seems. WCS is a really good new one too off that website

nice, but where da hell is download files on most tabels? i have found AFM and CV download, ACDC, MB, IJ no download appears, wierd!
    Are these tabels the same as on vpforums, or better VPX tabels?

#19 6 years ago

Best thing in visual pinball today is classic hand drawn artwork.

#20 6 years ago

wow these are cool. What's the best place to find instructions and parts list to build a full size machine?

#21 6 years ago

This site has their own tables and the ones I sent screenshots. you have to login with your username/password in order to see the links to download. ACDC LEs,LUCY and PREMIUM, MB and IJ and a bunch more are there. Click on the picture of the table in the download section and you'll see a layout of the machine and backglass. You can download the table by clicking on the playfield and the backglass/directb2s by clicking on the backglass. You'll figure it out

Also,. check out the WIP section for tables being built now....

Quoted from DEN:

nice, but where da hell is download files on most tabels? i have found AFM and CV download, ACDC, MB, IJ no download appears, wierd!
    Are these tabels the same as on vpforums, or better VPX tabels?

#22 6 years ago

Guys where do I get the best/latest VP emulator?

#23 6 years ago

First off, ensure you have a decent windows PC (i5 processor or better) and recent nVidia video card with at least 1GB (2Gb is better) if you are doing this from scratch. People that complain about lag and running VP usually have old hardware and you'll suffer for that.

There is a VP all in one installer here. VPX (10.3)
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

To run the latest rom based tables you'll need vpinmame
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/6-pinmame/ (install the aug 2 full version and vpinmame 2.8b update from Jan)

you'll also need the roms to run the tables (some are at these sites, others at vpuniverse and monsterbashpincab.com)

you'll need directb2s backglasses if you want rom controlled lighting on your backglass. these are available at all of the sites above. there is a DOF config tool at vpuniverse for cabinets and force feedback (solenoids, etc)

You'll need a front end to run everything if you are making a cab (hyperpin or pinballx, just search for them). With the front end you'll need a backglass/playfield image/wheel art to display each table, but these are usually available too or you can screenprint from a table you are playing to get the backglass/playfieild image.

Its alot to take in, but worth it and the sites are helpful with other enthusiasts. New games and updated games come out weekly.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys where do I get the best/latest VP emulator?

#24 6 years ago

Shameless plug for the 3dArcade frontend....your virtual pinball frontend could look like this:

3da3 (resized).jpg3da3 (resized).jpg
    3da2 (resized).jpg3da2 (resized).jpg
    3da (resized).jpg3da (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

Don't really get the whole experience without DB2S backglasses ..they are needed to complete the VPX table
    Wonder where you can find the best ones at?? I hear VPF has the best CRAP out there
    but I also hear VPU has the best selection and quality most are looking for

#26 6 years ago

okey, im totally hooked and play MB like crazy, i have a couple of years old pc, but MB runs sooo smooth, in multiball also, BUT IJ playes like crap, ball moves bad.

Did download AC DC tabel bur the rom is a .bin file and game doesent run, doo you know what to doo? its a big rom file, i think its becouse of all the music maby

#27 6 years ago

the bin has to be zipped

acdc pro 1.68 needs to be named acd_168.zip
    acdc prem/le 1.68 needs to be named acd_168h.zip

Quoted from DEN:

okey, im totally hooked and play MB like crazy, i have a couple of years old pc, but MB runs sooo smooth, in multiball also, BUT IJ playes like crap, ball moves bad.
    Did download AC DC tabel bur the rom is a .bin file and game doesent run, doo you know what to doo? its a big rom file, i think its becouse of all the music maby

#28 6 years ago

oh yes, needs to be zipped, i found out also i need to install pinmame SAM system, it works now, but it lags as hell, unplayable, all my tabels are SO slow now, unplayable, hmmmm!

#29 6 years ago

There is an amazing Funhouse that was released on the VP forums not too long ago, which allows you to toggle certain mods and settings easily.. and a great Iron Man (though I haven't played that one too much)

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

First off, ensure you have a decent windows PC (i5 processor or better) and recent nVidia video card with at least 1GB (2Gb is better) if you are doing this from scratch. People that complain about lag and running VP usually have old hardware and you'll suffer for that.
    There is a VP all in one installer here. VPX (10.3)
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573
    To run the latest rom based tables you'll need vpinmame
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/6-pinmame/ (install the aug 2 full version and vpinmame 2.8b update from Jan)
    you'll also need the roms to run the tables (some are at these sites, others at vpuniverse and monsterbashpincab.com)
    you'll need directb2s backglasses if you want rom controlled lighting on your backglass. these are available at all of the sites above. there is a DOF config tool at vpuniverse for cabinets and force feedback (solenoids, etc)
    You'll need a front end to run everything if you are making a cab (hyperpin or pinballx, just search for them). With the front end you'll need a backglass/playfield image/wheel art to display each table, but these are usually available too or you can screenprint from a table you are playing to get the backglass/playfieild image.
    Its alot to take in, but worth it and the sites are helpful with other enthusiasts. New games and updated games come out weekly.

just as complicated as it was 10 years ago

TheManFromPOST

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

oh yes, needs to be zipped, i found out also i need to install pinmame SAM system, it works now, but it lags as hell, unplayable, all my tabels are SO slow now, unplayable, hmmmm!

Den,
    The VPX tables vary on how much hardware you need to run them smoothly, some are very demanding.

I built a PC from scratch for my Cabinet, with a Gigabyte Z97x Gaming Mother board (PCI 3 data bus), Intel I7 OC Processor, 8 gb of fast Ram with heat syncs, 750w Power supply, PC Cabinet with several Fans to keep it cool, Solid state Drives for windows and VP, Standard drive for Backups, A Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 OC video board with 4gb ram and a 256bit memory bus.

I can run any of the current VPX tables with FPS to spare, with all the VP settings set to their best settings.

Watched for sales on Newegg or Tiger Direct, and put it together for less than a Grand.
    For what I spend on real Pins, it's much less and allows me to play hundreds of different tables in one Cabinet.

I don't know what the 2 year old PC is you using, but if your using the built in video it won't be enough.
    You can go into the video preferences settings of VPX and turn off Anti aliasing and ambient occlusion to lower PC demand, Also the higher you set your screen resolution the slower it will get.

Glad you were able to get it setup and running for the Monster Bash though. Try some of JPSales VPX tables they are usually less hardware demanding because of the way he builds them. http://sofie40.no/jpsalas/

Rich

#32 6 years ago

VP is what got me here. I sold my virtual cab a while ago, but this might be enough reason to make another.

#33 6 years ago

VPX is great, once you understand how to run it, it's actually really easy. Can be a huge time suck if your trying to get all the files for your front end (pinball X). I had to make or photo shop instruction cards for several machines where there was none. The install process is ten times easier then it used to be with vp9.
    Vpforums used to be the big site to get the newest tables. After a falling out between a few authors and the host of vpforums the authors started hosting their own site. the lastest and greatest can be found else where, monsterbashpin or vpinball seem to be the two big ones now. vpuniverse has pin2dmd colored stuff, a lot of backglasses (d2bs) and the latest sam vpinmame. vpforums still has people uploading, I usually get my missing rom files from there.

I have a lot of real tables, but I don't think I'd ever get rid of my virtual pin. It's great if your unfamiliar with rules or just want to try a new table out you were curious about. The best part is, is it's only going to get better.

ACDC.pngACDC.png

#34 6 years ago

Glad to see a positive VP topic on a pinball forum. VP has really been improving. The only downside to VPX is that nudging (physical) doesn't work very well. On VP9 and Physmod, I can nudge my cabinet (fully DOF's with solenoids, rgb's, and shaker) like a real pinball machine. However, from a graphics standpoint, VPX is really getting much better. For me, EM's I use VP9 and SS I use VPX. Also, Future pinball has come a long way. Yes, the physics aren't as good as VP, but they are better than the past. And future pinball tables now have a lot of video mods to play like Jersey Jack and new Stern LCD style games with video clips. Check out Jaws, F-14 with Top Gun clips, Superman, and Alien to name a few. Vpinball.com is a great website, friendlier, and easier to download. Also, a program called DOFLinx can add force feedback and rgb support for Future pinball and pinball FX2. So, for those who have cabs with full force feedback like me, we can get all the bumps, shaker, and lights for VP, FP, and FX2. FYI, for star wars fans, check out SlamT1lt's Star Wars titles. If only his game was the one stern built. On the Empire Edition table, there is a lightsaber duel with Vader using Empire clips where you have to hit either right or left flipper timed to the clip to not lose the fight! Wish Stern had paid attention.

#35 6 years ago

Okey, got me a nice graficcard and i7 3770cpu, clean installed win10 and vpx, games like IJ congo MB runs smooth and sexy, stern however.... DMD animations are so slow, gameplay is fine, also please look at my stern ACDC table, ni G I lights, how doo i turn em on? and Stern Star trek also playes well, but only flashers work, NO inserts, What did i doo wrong? i only use my mail display, did i get a wrong SAM file? help please.

acdc (resized).jpgacdc (resized).jpg

st (resized).jpgst (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

Remove the directb2s from Star Trek LE and it should get the controlled inserts working. There is an issue with the timing and I don't know if there is a fix, but that worked for me.

For ACDC I don't have this issue, but maybe try the other LE version that is also on the site. There are actually 4 different tables to try, so try the AC-DC_Let There Be Rock LE-1.2 version and see if that works for you. Its the same game but a different backglass but it has its own table file. You can try the premium and Luci too.

Quoted from DEN:

Okey, got me a nice graficcard and i7 3770cpu, clean installed win10 and vpx, games like IJ congo MB runs smooth and sexy, stern however.... DMD animations are so slow, gameplay is fine, also please look at my stern ACDC table, ni G I lights, how doo i turn em on? and Stern Star trek also playes well, but only flashers work, NO inserts, What did i doo wrong? i only use my mail display, did i get a wrong SAM file? help please.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Den,
    Make sure you downloaded the latest version of SAM VPinmame it's 2.9, it controls the DMD display. You can press F11 key and table ( not the DMD ) performance specifications will appear in the upper left side of the screen. You want a FPS of at least 40-50cps for the table.

When you load VPX and the table, press escape and go back to the editor, press the options icon on the left side tool bar. a properties window will come up, the first section is the user customization's section. There is a day night slider, make sure the check box is checked and move the slider to around the center position and start the table. It should be brighter. then go back and adjust to taste. then save the table and the new settings.

The authors on some of the newer Stern tables like the darker look, they even turn off the brightness until you start the table, but it's still pretty dark. That's the nice thing about VPX you can customize some things to your personal taste.

For in-depth answers you are best posting directly to Vpinball.com for the newer Stern tables. Get the latest VPinmame from VPUniverse.com, and a wealth of info, and non newer Stern Tables and support files and forums on cabinet builds on VPForums.org.

#38 6 years ago

You guys are making me want to fire up my VP table again. I haven't touch that cab in years now as I just got burnt out on it. Last time I played it was with the initial release of VPX and I really disliked how they made the physics. People went way to spin crazy as real tables don't create the spin characteristics that people were raving about in VPX. Because of that I always stuck to VP9+PM5. For anyone that hasn't played at least VP9+PM5 or VPX you will be pleasantly surprised. The inability to aim your shots that was prone with VP8 and VP9 is gone. The change in flipper physics in VP9+PM5 really was a step forward.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from RYSR:

Den,
    Make sure you downloaded the latest version of SAM VPinmame it's 2.9, it controls the DMD display. You can press F11 key and table ( not the DMD ) performance specifications will appear in the upper left side of the screen. You want a FPS of at least 40-50cps for the table.
    When you load VPX and the table, press escape and go back to the editor, press the options icon on the left side tool bar. a properties window will come up, the first section is the user customization's section. There is a day night slider, make sure the check box is checked and move the slider to around the center position and start the table. It should be brighter. then go back and adjust to taste. then save the table and the new settings.
    The authors on some of the newer Stern tables like the darker look, they even turn off the brightness until you start the table, but it's still pretty dark. That's the nice thing about VPX you can customize some things to your personal taste.
    For in-depth answers you are best posting directly to Vpinball.com for the newer Stern tables. Get the latest VPinmame from VPUniverse.com, and a wealth of info, and non newer Stern Tables and support files and forums on cabinet builds on VPForums.org.

Thanks with the F11 trick, my fps is about 70on Monster bash and about 62-65 on AC DC, VpinMame is version 2.9. ive downloaded all 4 AC DC tabels, all of them gives a briefley flash on all GI at stat up, and close/turns them off, just link on my uploaded pisc, day/night cycle did not help. its wierd.

#40 6 years ago

yay, i got GI on slingshots and on right inlane, yaaay, stern GI sucks

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

Post your hardware and we can try to figure what you're missing. The Ac-DC tables run flawlessly on my cab.
    Cpu, memory,processor,video card

Quoted from DEN:

yay, i got GI on slingshots and on right inlane, yaaay, stern GI sucks

#42 6 years ago

Here is my configuration for comparision. I am running a 3 screen pin2k style cabinet.

processor: i5-4590 @3.3ghz
    motherboard - gigabyte
    ram - 4gb
    windows 7 64 bit
    nVidia GTX 750Ti
    5 flasher array
    650watt power supply
    120gb SSD drive

backbox 27inch screen, 15 inch reflecting screen, 37 inch vizio in game mode for playfield.

All 4 ACDC recently released tables run at 200fps on my rig, other tables run faster than that. You need at least 100fps or you will have lag/missing features. The most important hardware is the processor (i5 or better cpu) and the video card (nVidia GTX 750ti or better).

#43 6 years ago

I have i7 cpu. 16gb ram. Nvidia gt630 graficcard.

So you are saying becouse i have lower fps then 100, GI lights on stern tabels are missing? Sorry but i dont think the problem is there. I did maby something whong when adding stern to my vpx. Just dont know what

#44 6 years ago

I just run single scrren 19"

#45 6 years ago

Your video card can't process the graphics if you are getting low fps. I would swap out the card with the gtx 750ti and you will immediately see a difference. Your card will be fine for most tables but not the VPX tables.

Quoted from DEN:

I have i7 cpu. 16gb ram. Nvidia gt630 graficcard.
    So you are saying becouse i have lower fps then 100, GI lights on stern tabels are missing? Sorry but i dont think the problem is there. I did maby something whong when adding stern to my vpx. Just dont know what

#46 6 years ago

Most tabels looks and playes nice. I just want gi lights on stern tabels only.

#47 6 years ago

On my 32" screen. 1280*720 acdc no gi

IMG_1264 (resized).JPGIMG_1264 (resized).JPG

#48 6 years ago

Acdc on disctopmode. Over 100FSP no gi lights.

IMG_1265 (resized).JPGIMG_1265 (resized).JPG

#49 6 years ago

I really think the video card needs to be upgraded. The Stern SAM tables are the most taxing of all tables to run.

Quoted from DEN:

Acdc on disctopmode. Over 100FSP no gi lights.

#50 6 years ago

Upgrading the card is no problem. I just really want this issue to be solved. Googled it with no results

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-best-in-visual-pinball-today?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.