Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nickbuol
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29 (resized).jpg
    25 (resized).jpg
    28 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1396 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1393 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1381 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7370 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1358 (resized).JPG
    Indy 500 (resized).png
    acdc (resized).jpg
    f (resized).jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Make sure like RYSR said you have the latest Pinmame from VP Universe

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

Also make sure you have the sam.vbs installed

When you install that version of Pinmame, make sure click on the "Install button" to ensure the newest version is regitered

Also faster to ask for help on vpuniverse.com or vpinball.com

#52 6 years ago

Holy....now I know why everyone thinks PBA sucks. I run that in my VirtualCab.Net and was happy with that until this thread....

#53 6 years ago

I just stumbled over this thread and the tables look very nice. So i wanted to test it but always get an error when i open the table.

I installed:
    - VPX (10.3)
    - i downloaded VPinMAME29_Minimal and run setup64.exe

after that i downloaded the table ACDC Stern VPX (Back in Black 1.4) from here: http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/acdc-le-stern-vpx-2/

i opened the AC-DC_Back In Black LE-1.4.vpx with VPinballX and get the error message "Unable to open Sam.VBS.Ensure that it is in the same folder as this table"

Could someone please help? Thanks (sorry i'm very new in visual pinball

#54 6 years ago

you need the sam version of vpinmame available on vpuniverse, and then need to copy the sam.vbs file into your scripts folder from the vpinmame folder. Follow the instructions with the download --> http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/

#55 6 years ago

Thanks! Sam.VBS error is gone but i get another one "Line:135 Game name not found"

#56 6 years ago

Run setup.exe, click install, also run test and be sure the rom is listed. Try to run the rom if it is there. If it is not there, then you have the wrong vpinmame.dll.

As for the dark tables - have you tried in day->Night slider in the Table options? Open the table, and it should be over on the right side.

#57 6 years ago

You also need the AC/DC rom in your roms directory. Check the script for the version you need, search cgame in the script. This can also be found on vpuniverse as well I believe it directly from sterns site though you'll like need to rename the bin and compress it.

#58 6 years ago

Let there be light, okey okey okey, i was missing bass.dll in vpinmame file, copyed it, and i got da light on stern tabels now! NICE, and thanks for all your help/support guys

NEXT question, as you can see, i have assined Lockdownbar button/fire on key F, BUT it doesent work at all, on games like star trek (punch it) and AC DC, i like to use that button, does it work on yours? and how?

lotr (resized).jpglotr (resized).jpg

f (resized).jpgf (resized).jpg

acdc (resized).jpgacdc (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Let there be light, okey okey okey, i was missing bass.dll in vpinmame file, copyed it, and i got da light on stern tabels now! NICE, and thanks for all your help/support guys
    NEXT question, as you can see, i have assined Lockdownbar button/fire on key F, BUT it doesent work at all, on games like star trek (punch it) and AC DC, i like to use that button, does it work on yours? and how?</blockquote

Try the Right CTRL key ie: also the (Magnasave) key for old tables like Black Knight
    I believe it is hard coded on several tables as the fire button.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from OlDirty:

Thanks! Sam.VBS error is gone but i get another one "Line:135 Game name not found"

you need to download the rom file from the stern website. then you need to put it in your rom folder. it needs to be zipped up the same way as the other roms you downloaded from say vpforums. I believe it's WinRAR.zip.
    the folder is in visualpinball/pinmame/roms I think.
    also very important, make sure you name it the same as what is in the table script. I rename the zip file and the file inside the same as what is in the table script just in case.

it's takes a little getting used to but it's worth it.

Quoted from Crile1:

Glad to see a positive VP topic on a pinball forum. VP has really been improving. The only downside to VPX is that nudging (physical) doesn't work very well. .

yeah the nudging is probably the one thing I'd say is lacking. I have analog nudging on my cabinet and it's okay, but no where close to mimicking the real thing. I've tried to fine tune it to the degree to where I'm somewhat happy with it. the main difference is slapping the cabinet affects the ball ten fold more then nudging. So I stay clear of slapping, it's hard when your so used to doing it though.

I have yet to install any Feedback, I have everything I need but time . I even got some actually Williams 11650 coils and assemblies, a transformer with some other electronics. figured I'd use the little 12volt coils for all the other coils but I really wanted to get real ones for the flippers.

#61 6 years ago

Make sure to run those coils off a relay as that will kill the LEDWIZ.

#62 6 years ago

Indy 500 (resized).pngIndy 500 (resized).pngJust released, beautiful and plays like the real table.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s=5afba32cb8e96055e02e6ee6bcc152c2&app=downloads&showfile=13042

#63 6 years ago

Agreed it does play really well. Dozer puts out sweet tables

#64 6 years ago

These VPX versions are really making me want to put together a virtual pin!

#65 6 years ago

Okey guys.
    Little update, got a GTX 1050TI 4GB gfx card this weekend. Oh boy, im running 1920x1080 on a 40"led display and i runs smooth.
    When i play vox tabels i get between 200-400FPS. Great gameplay. BUT!!!!!?!!!!!

Installed pinballX. Playing same tabels through pinballX i only get 40-50FPS. WtF?? Is this normal? Is pinballX a systemm killer/slower? I got i7 cpu.

IMG_1358 (resized).JPGIMG_1358 (resized).JPG

#66 6 years ago

What were you running before the gtx 1050 Ti?

I'm setting up using just the on board gpu right now, but looking at your gpu or a gtx 1060.

Wondering if the 1060 would solve your issue. ..

#67 6 years ago

Can someone post a screenshot of their Taxi and Fish Tales please. I'm trying to judge my definition. Looks a little cartoony right now.

#68 6 years ago

More people need to use VP to create something *actually* new, in my opinion.

#69 6 years ago

I hear ya.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Installed pinballX. Playing same tabels through pinballX i only get 40-50FPS. WtF?? Is this normal? Is pinballX a systemm killer/slower? I got i7 cpu.

Try updating .NET from Microsoft.

#71 6 years ago

If you read further up, i wrote my old gpu was gt630. It ran fine UNTILL i put on the big screen an at HD resolution. That reduces fps to unplayble.

.NET is v4.0.

Its odd that in vp it runs with SO high fps. And under pinballX its so low.

In the old days i used something called hyperpin, i will install that and see if its better. Dont really like pinballx anyway

#72 6 years ago

Don't judge guys. Only work in progress. 40" led display is nice. Now i have to figure out how many inches i can put in da backglass.

Only one screen on the back.

IMG_1373 (resized).JPGIMG_1373 (resized).JPG

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

If you read further up, i wrote my old gpu was gt630. It ran fine UNTILL i put on the big screen an at HD resolution. That reduces fps to unplayble.
    .NET is v4.0.
    Its odd that in vp it runs with SO high fps. And under pinballX its so low.
    In the old days i used something called hyperpin, i will install that and see if its better. Dont really like pinballx anyway

Yeah, I read earlier I'm sure but forgot.

Thanks.

#74 6 years ago

I have a gutted BSD cabinet that I think would be a good candidate for a virtual cab. Can anyone point me in the right direction on a recent tutorial on how to get started on a build and computer? I think having a virtual pin wouild be a great testing rig for machines I've never played. Thanks in advance!

#75 6 years ago

Just install vox setup at monsterbackcab site and download tabels and roms.

I had most of popular pins. But still fun to play them on vp.

As written here, buy a nice graficcard

IMG_1374 (resized).JPGIMG_1374 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago

Also fun for pins you dont wanna buy, but just wanna try.

Miss crabtree says the dopest shit, when entering coin

IMG_1375 (resized).JPGIMG_1375 (resized).JPG

#77 6 years ago

I built one for about $2000. I can email .pdf's of my layout and all the stuff I used. Full feedback and shaker motor. Only thing it does not have is flashers.....yet. I used LCD for DMD because of cost. Bally SS cabinet. Old i7 computer and gtx1050.

IMG_7368 (resized).JPGIMG_7368 (resized).JPG

IMG_7370 (resized).JPGIMG_7370 (resized).JPG

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I have a gutted BSD cabinet that I think would be a good candidate for a virtual cab. Can anyone point me in the right direction on a recent tutorial on how to get started on a build and computer? I think having a virtual pin wouild be a great testing rig for machines I've never played. Thanks in advance!

I gave someone an old ass computer like 8 years and it plays pretty good on it. As long as you turn off/ turn down a lot of the video settings you can run pretty much all the tables with a shit computer. The item that seems to have the biggest effect is the FPS limiter, there really isn't any reason you need to go above 60 fps. Tables that get up to 240 tend to glitch even on high end computers. Which is why limiting the frame rate is important. There are several other video settings you can adjust though i.e. shading, table glare etc... You don't need to spend more then 6-800 on a computer. the majority of the money goes into the video card and CPU.

My last VP build was Evga 980 TI classified, Some iteration of the I7 intel, and asus motherboard, 8GB ram, I don't remember the size of the power supply. Think I spent around 1300. I also went with SSD drives for faster loading and being able to hot swap.
    Went with an open air case to be able to have access to the computer while it was in the cabinet. Used some t-nut type nuts to bolt the case down to the bottom of the cabinet.
    This is my computer case
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3Y7P44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

don't buy the latest and greatest graphics card unless you have money to burn, go with something a couple years old like the 980. Video cards go down in price in a hurry compared to most other computer hardware.

I always use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/
    to start a new build most parts can be purchased from amazon but they have links to other stores that can be cheaper like newegg or superbiitz.
    I've built my last 8 computer this way. Just watch out it really easy to spend a butt load of money in a hurry.

#79 6 years ago

I'm thinking $150 for a new gtx 1050 is pretty good. But I get what you're saying. Of course, turning down all the settings isn't always an option.

#80 6 years ago

I use an old Dell i7 computer. 250w psu. Was worried about power and also those dell computeres doesn't have the fastest chipset, but installing a 1050TI4GB made alot of difference, my old gt630 played fine, but if you install a big screen and run full HD, iwill go slow wity old cards.
    Unles you use old tabels from vpforums, they don't need that much power. But new tabels from monsterbashcab they look sooo good and need newer hardware.
    As now there are only 36tabels. But they are all so fine. Stern tabels are really nice AC DC on high res. Big ass logitech subwoofer is da shit. Damn its fun.
    My 6 year old playes much more VP than his skylanders now
    In a cabinet solution, stay away from future pinball.
    I still hope arcadepinball will make a cabinet support soon

#81 6 years ago

If you set up your Visual pinball correctly you can play all the tables without issue

I have an I5 CPU with a 750ti 2gb card, and play all the tables without issues. I am running a 43" playfield, 32" backglass, 17" DMD monitor There are lots of articles on lag/playability for visual pinball, you will learn a few settings make all the difference.

#82 6 years ago

My tabels works with higt fps on pinballX now. Don't know how i fixed it
    Its a joy to play.

I have an intel douCore 3.0 ghz computer with 4gigs ram. If i put my 1050ti gfx card in that, will it be enough to play vp in full hd?

#83 6 years ago

Dual Core won't cut it for VPX. I have another computer with a similar config as this one and it can't play the new vpx tables like ACDC. It can play any other VP9 table or pm5 table, just not the new ones. You really need i5 or better with the newer video card since tables are just getting more and more demanding, yet much nicer.

Quoted from DEN:

Its a joy to play.
    I have an intel douCore 3.0 ghz computer with 4gigs ram. If i put my 1050ti gfx card in that, will it be enough to play vp in full hd?

#84 6 years ago

Same here - you need a semi-powerful processor (with a fast clock speed - I don't think the number of cores is what actually determines whether or not you can play). I can run newer tables on my machine (i5, 2.5GHz) but there is major flipper lag in some of them, making them unplayable. I can play an older IM and the 1.13 Funhouse, but not LOTR

#85 6 years ago

My mini-cab is running a G3220 Pentium dual-core 3.0 ghz and does just fine for any table I put on it. It is however more limited by the graphics card it has, and R7-250E 1GB ram running 3 displays (1080p playfield, 1280x1024 bg, 800x480 dmd), so I can't have graphics quality settings maxed, but on a 22" playfield it looks plenty fine.

#86 6 years ago

I tryed low gfx resolution on my 40" it looked like c64 games

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Ha!

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I'm thinking $150 for a new gtx 1050 is pretty good. But I get what you're saying. Of course, turning down all the settings isn't always an option.

I'm not talking about the native graphics settings like resolution. I meant the in game video options, If you have a beefy graphics card & processor then you can further tweak those native settings for better performance. The tables won't look as stellar if you turn down all the options but it will make them playable.

I'm pretty sure a NVidia 750 should be plenty powerful to run all the current games and probably for the next few releases i.e. vp11, 12
    I think that's the graphics card they use in virtuacab builds, always good to be future proof.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Post a screenshot of your VP Video options, there are a few adjustments you can make without adjusting the slider bar.

Also here is some reading

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/force-exclusive-fullscreen-and-disabling-post-processed-anti-aliasing/#post-61935

#90 6 years ago

Will doo, tomorrow
    Im running really high fps, would be nice to beef up grafik detail instead. And maby just run 100fsp

Installed fathom today, damn it looks and playes incredible. Also T2. Daaaamn

IMG_1381 (resized).JPGIMG_1381 (resized).JPG

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Its a joy to play.

Some times pinballx can leave things running in the background. You can always tab out in windows and see what is running. Do things like "hide dmd" "hide background" in the settings so that they are not used/viewed/running when you are playing the games.
    If you happened to have any old b2s.exe backgrounds (ie not directb2s) they will stay running after exiting unless you kill them off or code to shut them down.

#92 6 years ago

Allright, tjanks

Do we still use ipac2 encoders? Or are there beter anternatives today?

#93 6 years ago

ipac2 is an option but I use the Pinscape controller. Works great, highly recommended. I also use these now in other projects that require some input method like a homemade musical keyboard and such. Cost is much less also.

https://developer.mbed.org/users/mjr/code/Pinscape_Controller_V2/

#94 6 years ago

Nice, where do you buy it?

#95 6 years ago

Just buy the microcontroller anywhere on internet and the software is free to download and install.

For instance: https://www.conrad.se/Utvecklingskort-NXP-Semiconductors-FRDM-KL25Z.htm?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=443897&ci=SHOP_AREA_265065_0214068

#96 6 years ago

Here you go. Screenshot of my vp menu.
    247fps on T2

IMG_1392 (resized).JPGIMG_1392 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

#97 6 years ago

So are you getting good playability? What are your concerns at the moment? Honestly I don't worry about FPS, more about play-ability. If it stays above 60FPS i have no issues. For the FPS limiter/Vsync, if you change it to 1 instead of 0. You will get a constant 60FPS, 2 will get you 120FPS. Keeping the FPS locked helps with stuttering/playable

Your card will handle it but not sure about CPU, but if Check the Brute Force 4xAA you will get better graphics but it may bring your CPU to it's knees.

If you go to true full screen mode, lots of people get better play-ability vs windowed full screen. The link i attached above talks about true full screen

#98 6 years ago

Double Post

#99 6 years ago

Everything runs well now.
    Need few parts like, ipac2. 26"screen to backbox. Some buttons. Should be able to complete my vp soone.
    Oh wait and alot of fans also

Last night i started playing TWD LE. Whouw what do you guys think about the ruleset of that pin? Its a drainer, but feels like a well programmed pin.

#100 6 years ago

What will frame limiter do?

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-best-in-visual-pinball-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.