(Topic ID: 181830)

What's an Indiana Jones '93 go for these days?

By gac

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zr11990
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams-IJ-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1528 (resized).JPG
IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1526 (resized).JPG
IMG_1466 (resized).JPG
IMG_1465 (resized).JPG
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1463 (resized).JPG
IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
20170225_103140 (resized).jpg
20170212_220516 (resized).jpg
IJ 2015 403 (resized).jpg
IMG_2195 (resized).JPG
IMG_0594 (resized).JPG
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Wondering what the going rate is on this pin nowadays. Assume excellent condition playfield and typical cab fading. Thanks all!

#4 7 years ago

Excellent playfield is key. 6500-ish..

#5 7 years ago

Gave 6600 for mine.
Playfield is near perfect condition and metal ramps were replated in gold.
Also has new cab decals.

#6 7 years ago

You guys are all low. Game is 7500-8500 now unless beat up.

#7 7 years ago

About what a TZ goes for. Too much.

#8 7 years ago

I paid $6200 for mine two years ago, with a pretty nice playfield and new cabinet decals (albeit improperly installed on one surface). People told me I paid too much. Today, it seems cheap or just about right, depending on your point of view. Of course, I sent it to HEP in the meantime, so today I'll only trade it for a small car.

#9 7 years ago

All brassed out,new decals,great playfield,and restored....8k or?

20161230_163009 (resized).jpg20161230_163009 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I agree. Where has anyone seen a decent one for only $5-6K?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Bought mine in December of 2016.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Indiana

#13 7 years ago

You're all way out of bounds and high. None of these figures and estimates are based off of patience, it's based on being too eager and the willingness to pay too much.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Maybe on ebay.
You gotta look around for a decent price.

#15 7 years ago

$6000- $6500 for a very nice example. More if tricked out with plating, colordmd, etc.

#16 7 years ago

With almost 13,000 made, I would think you would see them for sale more often.
After I bought one and played it, I can see why no one wants to sell their game.

#17 7 years ago

Well mine is a very nice example, and I paid 5K but that was in 2013, I don't think there's any way I could find one as nice for that price now.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Well mine is a very nice example, and I paid 5K but that was in 2013, I don't think there's anyway I could find one as nice for that price now.

I like that IJ topper.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I like that IJ topper.

Thanks. I have 2 of those. The other prefers the WPC95 games.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Thanks. I have 2 of those. The other prefers the WPC95 games.

I mean no disrespect and I have no cats, but if I did, and one of my cats was sitting on my IJ like that, he'd wind up in a high school biology lab somewhere.

How's that for proper usage of commas?

EDIT: Took one out.

#21 7 years ago

Just picked one up two weeks ago for a friend. !00% working average players game faded ,no wear, needed shopped 5250.00

Had another shipped over from Holland. Total basket case,shitty playfield,shitty cabinet ,mid 3's

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I mean no disrespect and I have no cats,

Figured you to have about 7-20

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Figured you to have about 7-20

Nice try, but nope. Hate 'em.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I mean no disrespect and I have no cats, but if I did, and one of my cats was sitting on my IJ like that, he'd wind up in a high school biology lab somewhere.
How's that for proper usage of commas?
EDIT: Took one out.

Well, fortunately, I'm, not, a, grammar, nazi. Both cats are declawed so not really a risk, but I get your point.

#25 7 years ago

Paid 4400 three years ago private sale . At the auction in winston salem they still go 4500 and up depending on machine. Great wide body game. Best movie pin made. And it doesnt have crystal skull nonsense like sterns

IMG_0221 (resized).JPGIMG_0221 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago

Damn this is good tread to watch. I never had a wide body game before. Im looking at my first one soon. Either Ij or TZ . Dont know what there bring. Good player is the mid 5? Im thinking. The one Pinballbuyer has is deal. I buy that right now

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Damn this is good tread to watch. I never had a wide body game before. Im looking at my first one soon. Either Ij or TZ . Dont know what there bring. Good player is the mid 5? Im thinking. The one pinballbuyer has is deal. I buy that right now

Both are awesome games. I think you will be happy with either choice.
I like IJ better, but opinions will differ.

#28 7 years ago

I own a nice one, so.....$28,000.

#29 7 years ago

Indiana is more fun than twilight. Both are great games, but Indiana is more fun. If you like star trek next gen is also a great wide body. All are pricey for good reason. Your good with any of those three. I own both ij and stng. I would like a twilight, but everyone I see for sale by me is too much money. Waiting for the decline. Too high right now.

IMG_0594 (resized).JPGIMG_0594 (resized).JPG

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

With almost 13,000 made, I would think you would see them for sale more often.
After I bought one and played it, I can see why no one wants to sell their game.

Best wide body ever made. So much to do. When I first saw The Hobbit I was shocked. Why so open? Where'd all the shots go? IJ is the gold standard.

#31 7 years ago

just picked up a real nice one but needs a shop. $6900

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

Indiana is more fun than twilight. Both are great games, but Indiana is more fun. If you like star trek next gen is also a great wide body. All are pricey for good reason. Your good with any of those three. I own both ij and stng. I would like a twilight, but everyone I see for sale by me is too much money. Waiting for the decline. Too high right now.

Hope you got UV protection on those windows.

#33 7 years ago

I owned an IJ and love the idea of it, but in practice it isn't as much fun as you want it to be. The modes are mostly great, the sounds are fantastic, etc, but the layout is only so-so, the scoring is imbalanced, and once you figure out what shots to never shoot (like the captive ball on my game) you can get to eternal life fairly regularly. TZ, which I also owned, had kind of the opposite problem, it has subpar modes...shoot the clock over and over, or shoot the slot over and over, or shoot the spiral over and over, just no variety in shots. STTNG (which I owned the entire time while those came and went) is a superior game to either in my opinion if you want a widebody...better modes, outstanding callouts and sound, best flow and shots of the three, etc. I really wanted both IJ and TZ to be keepers. As far as price, with STTNG going around $4k, I wouldn't think that IJ would be more than $5500/$6k ish.

#34 7 years ago

I have IJ, TZ, TH and owned STTNG. Didn't like STTNG, felt slow and clunky, sold it after about 6 months. Not a Trekkie fan either. TZ and IJ are both the best around, true masterpieces on so many levels. But, I am finding that the hobbit is better than them all. The game may be wide open, but it is extremely immersive, you get sucked in the further you progress. Not sure if it's the screen, the sounds, the light show, endless modes or the deep rule set, but it's truly a special game, at least to me it is. And the quality is over the top.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I owned an IJ and love the idea of it, but in practice it isn't as much fun as you want it to be. The modes are mostly great, the sounds are fantastic, etc, but the layout is only so-so, the scoring is imbalanced, and once you figure out what shots to never shoot (like the captive ball on my game) you can get to eternal life fairly regularly.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? I've had some epic games and never broke a billion and never got to eternal life. I think I finished 10 or 11 modes, tops. The mode hole shot is one of the toughest in pinball, and the shot that you HAVE to hit repeatedly to progress. The stress of multiball--hitting left ramp, right ramp, and captive ball--nearly makes me throw a clot every time.

Sounds like you need to tweak the setup of your game, especially with the captive ball issue. How do you have your outlane posts set?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Quoted from Jenk540i:

Hahaha. Look no further than their collections for rationale on price.

#37 7 years ago

I have never reached final mode on indiana. I have had great games on it and never been able to reach it. I have got final frontier on stng which is easier than indiana with the exception of the outlanes on stng. If your interested in a way cheaper wide body game I recomend black hole or haunted house. My wife and I love the wide bodies. Have these as well. There way different of course, but also fun wide bodies.

IMG_2195 (resized).JPGIMG_2195 (resized).JPG

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Hahaha. Look no further than their collections for rationale on price.

The first quote is high, I think. The second is pretty spot on, but depends on your definition of "decent", which is entirely subjective.

And yes, I own one, but it's my grail game and will never leave, so I don't give a rat's ass what the value is. Generally, unmodded and depending upon condition, this game is worth between 5k and 7k. With brass, color DMD, pinsound card, etc., you can get as high as 8k. Anything higher than that better be a full restoration. Anything over 10k should be HEP (or McCune, Kelly, etc.).

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The first quote is high, I think. The second is pretty spot on, but depends on your definition of "decent", which is entirely subjective.
And yes, I own one, but it's my grail game and will never leave, so I don't give a rat's ass what the value is. Generally, unmodded and depending upon condition, this game is worth between 5k and 7k. With brass, color DMD, pinsound card, etc., you can get as high as 8k. Anything higher than that better be a full restoration. Anything over 10k should be HEP (or McCune, Kelly, etc.).

I think you're right. IMO IJ was undervalued for a long while. It's a fantastic game.

Minor correction, the second quote I listed was not a price estimate, it was an agreement on the first quote I listed. Which is of course, high.

#40 7 years ago

Very Faded ones with decent overall playfield can be found 4750- 5500 .... . Now when you start getting to unfaded beautiful modded ij then your talking 6k + all day. Cool pin with theme i love but cant get into the game for some reason....

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The mode hole shot is one of the toughest in pinball, and the shot that you HAVE to hit repeatedly to progress.

Agree with you about the mode shot! I just got mine, and was wondering if it's supposed to be that hard. Then I saw vid of gameplay in PAPA finals, and it was the same! Then I read the Mark Ritchie interview in Pinball Magazine, and it was intended. So I don't feel right trying to cushion it or tweak the backstop...

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Agree with you about the mode shot!

Left flipper back hand after trapping the ball is the money shot.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Minor correction, the second quote I listed was not a price estimate, it was an agreement on the first quote I listed. Which is of course, high.

Well that "second quote" was mine, but I agree with beelzeboob, it's about how you define "decent", which to me means a very nice but not collector quality game. No cabinet fade, good Playfield, intact electronics, etc. Because I have owned mine since 2013 I have not been in the market for one so maybe I'm not reading the market like you are, but I suspect if I posted mine for $6K on this site I would sell it in a day. (That won't happen, because I have no interest in selling it!).

It's just my read that titles like the ones touted above (IJ, TZ, STTNG) seem to have really increased in the last 2-3 years, fortunately for me I've owned all 3 for a while. And the IJ was the one I paid the most for. Love them but not sure if I would pay current prices for them now.

#44 7 years ago

Did anyone mention the sounds yet?

Iconic music and Best-Sound-Package-Ever.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Did anyone mention the sounds yet?
Iconic music and Best-Sound-Package-Ever.

...especially with Pinsound and the reorchestrations. It's my best-sounding game.

#46 7 years ago

Fuck, now I want one. Anyone want to trade a super nice STTNG for a IJ.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Got them both lol... My STTNG is nicest game I own with the many mods, powder coating, LEDs etc. I got it from someone local who really made it nice. I like Indy and ST both but very different. ST is a tough game for new players, outlines brutal.

20170212_220516 (resized).jpg20170212_220516 (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nope.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

All brassed out,new decals,great playfield,and restored....8k or?

Would sell for 8k in my estimation. I paid 7500 for mine in similar shape 3 months ago and felt like it was a good deal.

#50 7 years ago

What does a. Dry nice STTNG go for. I really think I'm going to sell mine and get a IJ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-an-indiana-jones-93-go-for-these-days/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.