Whats an average south park go for? EDIT: WoW, ZERO love for SP

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Thinking about going to look at one. I don't know anything other than the asking price is $2000 obo.

#2 11 years ago

Don't buy it unless you're a terrible player or are going to put it on route. Easiest game ever. Price is about right though.

#3 11 years ago

1500 max for SP.

It's kind of a clunker and a turd (no disrespect to Mr Hanky)

#4 11 years ago

Wow! I didn't realize there was so little love for south park. Anyone else? Anyone……

Edit: im going to edit the title.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

1500 max for SP.

No, 25 hundred for minty HUO with both toppers and it will take about a year plus to move it at that price.
At 15 you could make 3 bills in a day on the flip if it is in nice shape.
Game does well on route but gets old fast in a home collection.

#6 11 years ago

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Ive got him at $1800 and going to look at it tonight. He says its in great shape but has one small wear spot where the ball drops down.What ever that means…..

#7 11 years ago

It really is super easy.... and super horrible. $1500-$1800 for price.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Ive got him at $1800 and going to look at it tonight. He says its in great shape but has one small wear spot where the ball drops down.What ever that means…..

At 18 if it is in nice shape you will be able to move it and get your money back when you tire of it.
Miss Ellen loves pinballs but I bet even she is tired of it at this point.

#9 11 years ago

Game burns out fast in the home REAL fast. I had a HUO example a few years back. IT was here for 4 days. IT gets old that fast. But 1500-2000 is about right. There is no shortage of this game either.

#10 11 years ago

We loved and owned our HUO example for two yrs. Still play it wen I can.

#11 11 years ago

Well the kids and the wife will love it. I can't believe the way the market is at $1800 and with a little TLC I can't get my money back. Unless I find more than meets the eye when I get there. That's possible.

#12 11 years ago

I really Stern made another SP, maybe call it South Park Pinball Party!

#13 11 years ago

Love the show, but the pin is a pos imo. The translite glare makes the game unplayable. It's blinding. Gameplay is tedious, and the music/callouts are really bad. Tired to get into it several times, but it was impossible. One of the most dissapointing pins. I always see these list for 2.5K. It does great on route though, but I think it's going to get old fast in the home enviroment. Unless you got 20+ pins. If you want a cartoon pin try r&b. I ended up going that route after trying everything cartoon related. I think it would be a much better alternative. Depending on condition, their about the same in price.

#14 11 years ago

Any game with a turd on the playfield gets a pass from me.

#15 11 years ago

Second pin I bought ,first to leave.boring game, even bought the adult ROMs .Still didn't do it for me.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Any game with a turd on the playfield gets a pass from me.

True, this is why I will never buy an AC/DC Pro.

#17 11 years ago

If only they would remake South Park today, it would be friggin amazing! IF stern or JJ make it, that is a licensed title I would pre-order without even thinking about it.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I really Stern made another SP, maybe call it South Park Pinball Party!

Thats funny
I had my Southpark and Simpsons Pinball Party side by side and the play field layout sure looks a lot alike

#19 11 years ago

Someone just put one up on Dallas' craigslist... 2850... LOL....

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

True, this is why I will never buy an AC/DC Pro.

loool. I agree. If the Pro had the lower pf or different art there, I'd own one right now.

#21 11 years ago

I only played a few games, but thought it was fun and easy.

#22 11 years ago

The non players love it. It's a nice game and my fiancée loves it so eventually will be in my house.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Actually Justin....I think *almost any* pinball that has a toilet on the playfield sucks. South Park has one. Austin Powers has one. Both awful games, and both extremely annoying to listen to...let alone play.

Junkyard has a toilet on the playfield...but it narrowly escapes this trend of terrible games...not that its great but its a hundred million times better than South Park or Austin Powers combined.

As for going prices for South Park, I think they go from 1500, but I've seen pristine ones for $2500. They sell almost immediately when they come up, because of the license for the most part. Kids kinda like the game. The last one I found on location was at one of those air hockey & bouncy castle places inside a mall. There was a Funhouse next to it. No one played the Funhouse, but almost always someone was on the South Park. Still a fairly popular game to operate.

Back when it came out, South Park was destroying Attack from Mars (which was still outselling Medieval Madness) in the operator sales charts for 1999-2001...kinda sad, but true.

#24 11 years ago

South Park is the most popular out of my machines when friends are around. It is the easiest so I guess they get a more satisfying longer play out of it.

I enjoy it also. Love the show. Wouldn't get rid of it.

#25 11 years ago

People that don't play pinball seem to like it, but I'm with the group... it sucks.

#26 11 years ago

South Park is mindless fun. I can't say how long that would last in a home environment, however.

#27 11 years ago

As much as I've played it in a local arcade, I still come back from more. Sure, it's easy and probably wouldn't hold up in the home. I guess I'm a little biased because I love the show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-an-average-sp-go-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.