Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 226 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vid4sm_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    BadTaste_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ghostbusters-ii_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    MI0000134686_(resized).jpg
    crue21_(resized).png
    Double_facepalm.jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    me_(resized).jpg
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 8 years ago

1. Borg's Areosmith this summer. First SPIKE 2.0 system with LCD display. This was chosen to go first with the new display as a way to boost a somewhat weaker license.

2. 2016 botique pin.

3. Ritchie's Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the fall.

4. Another VE.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

if there is anyway to know for sure, i'll gladly pass on GB and wait for it.

No, just word on the street.

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Who's on the code. Please not Lonnie

It must be Lonnie, since Lyman is up next with Borg.

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'm bummed Ritchie is making SW
    His games are just not my style & he always gimps the Pro too far.

Funny, seeing as most people (not me) thought there wasn't enough to justify a Star Trek Premium over the Pro.

1 week later
    #110 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm bummed too IF Ritchie is doing Star Wars, unless he pulls his head out of his.....

Why would you be bummed that the best selling pinball designer in history is doing TFA?

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm tired of his mailed in crapola recently. I don't need another Ac/dc, SM, ST layout. Maybe JT woke his ass up.

Not me NP, you are the Pinside Vet and King. Tell RobT hi!

Recently? GOT Premium/LE is hardly a retread!

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I don't consider Steve to be the best pinball designer that ever lived.
    All designers have made some great games and some significant duds.
    They each have their own style this is true but I don't find any one to be better than the other.

Steve is the best seller. That gives him the "King" nickname.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

TSPP, LOTR & MET were best sellers for Stern
    Steves only Stern title he knocked out of the park was ACDC to my knowledge... I've got to be forgetting something for everyone to be on his nuts all the time tho. What else did he make that sold like hotcakes?
    I don't dislike the dude. All pinball is good. Im just not a Steve groupie like some folks

Uh, I'm talking about his whole career. Steve Ritchie is the best selling pinball designer.

He had mega sellers for Williams back in the day. Flash, Firepower, High Speed, T2, F-14, High Speed II, Black Knight, and Star Trek TNG all sold in the 5 digits. Even Lawlor isn't close, despite having the single best selling game (Addams Family).

And with AC/DC, he apparently has Stern's best seller.

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jojo1111:

I thought about that, but when I looked into it, I'd argue Krynski is the best selling pinball designer of all time (at least in terms of units sold) as he produced about 98% of EVERYTHING that left the Gottlieb pinball factory between 1965 and 1980. Looking at THOSE numbers, I'd say it's double what Steve put out, if not more.

If you want to go by that logic, we can return to the early 1930's, where a hit game would sell 50,000 units. Add those designers numbers up...

Obviously, we're talking about the modern era.

Also, Ritchie is still alive and making games.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you're talking modern era, you can't include all of those monster titles Ritchie had in the 80s and 90s. The modern era would have to be as far as 2000 but probably closer due to the differences in complexity of code from the B/W pins. I would say the modern era started with LOTR with it's big ruleset in '03. It was also the year that most of the big name designers from B/W transitioned to Stern.
    So if you're just talking Ritchie's Stern output, I doubt he's the best selling designer of the modern era. He's made 8 titles to Borg's 10 in this hypothetical modern era. Borg's top sellers include Iron Man, Tron, Metallica, and TWD. Ritchie's include ST, AC/DC, SM, and GOT.
    Sorry I love these type of discussions.

You are arbitrarily making up dates to satisfy your argument. You can't just pull the year 2000 or LOTR out of your keishter.

The modern era would Solid State game. Late 70's to present.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-after-ghostbusters?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.