3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 226 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vid4sm_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    BadTaste_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ghostbusters-ii_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    MI0000134686_(resized).jpg
    crue21_(resized).png
    Double_facepalm.jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    me_(resized).jpg
    pasted_image_(resized).png

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'm bummed Ritchie is making SW
    His games are just not my style & he always gimps the Pro too far.

Funny, seeing as most people (not me) thought there wasn't enough to justify a Star Trek Premium over the Pro.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Iron Maiden with DD art...drops mic

As much as I love DD's artwork... If Derek Riggs isn't doing it, then it just won't be the same.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Riggs has a terrible relationship with Maiden now so I doubt that. Unless you just want a photoshop collage of old album covers which would make for a pretty lazy art package.

And this is what worries me.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffsarcade:

And this is what worries me.

Not me, I would be just fine with photoshopped Riggs art. I do not want some artist putting their "touch" on already iconic metal art.

#105 3 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).png

#106 3 years ago

thanks for that CDC
    that really kind of ties LOTS of rumors and known facts together.
    I really hope he does the artwork in true eddie form. others have done eddie like fear of the dark and book of souls so it can be done.
    I'm in for an LE either way, but I sure hope he hits it out of the park like he did with GB!

Iron Maiden is a 40 year old brand and Steve Harris will be extremely picky with the artwork, I'm sure.

#107 3 years ago

I'm bummed too IF Ritchie is doing Star Wars, unless he pulls his head out of his.....

Aerosmith is a F ing joke and a waste of Borg and Lyman's time.

Iron Maiden? I'd rather blow my brains out.

That's ok. Looks like its GBLE and then something else besides Stern for quite awhile for me.

#108 3 years ago

The digital Eddie above is a step in the right direction, for new IM pinball art at least...
    Good pose, good colors and the black background with the blue and teal lines would look pretty damn good at the bottom of a playfield.
    Hell, might as well put a screened "shoot again" flashing red insert inside his mouth and call it a day.

Deposit sent!

#109 3 years ago

Well then NP, looks like you will get an Iron Maiden with Trudeau and ZY next year.

Distro's taking pre orders

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm bummed too IF Ritchie is doing Star Wars, unless he pulls his head out of his.....

Why would you be bummed that the best selling pinball designer in history is doing TFA?

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'm bummed Ritchie is making SW
    His games are just not my style & he always gimps the Pro too far.
    Did his ST ever get finished?

ST Pro isn't gimped at all

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Aerosmith is a F ing joke and a waste of Borg and Lyman's time.
    Iron Maiden? I'd rather blow my brains out.
    That's ok. Looks like its GBLE and then something else besides Stern for quite awhile for me.

Man I so agree with 100% of everything you said!

Which is weird... Because you're from Texas & you own a WOZ

My visits to Pinside have greatly decreased after the GB reveal. It looks absolutely tits but that motherfucking DMD is just stupid

If Ritchie does SW I'm sure the Pro will have no ramps & prolly a Jar Jar Binks cabinet (based on GOT & ACDC)

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well then NP, looks like you will get an Iron Maiden with Trudeau and ZY next year.

I see your finger's on the pinball pulse as always Ice!!!

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

ST Pro isn't gimped at all

Agreed. ST Pro is quite acceptable

Never forget Ritchie & Gary tried to pawn off GOT Pro @ launch without a throne!

It would have just been GO instead of GOT

Hahaha I'm my biggest fan right now lol

#116 3 years ago

I hears from a very solid source that

Stern would be building...

Another Pinball
    machine

Sorry couldn't resist

#117 3 years ago

Star Wars and Iron Maiden both need to be done by Borg and Lyman or Trudeau and Sullivan. I already have or had enough SR games.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Why would you be bummed that the best selling pinball designer in history is doing TFA?

I'm tired of his mailed in crapola recently. I don't need another Ac/dc, SM, ST layout. Maybe JT woke his ass up.

Quoted from NimblePin:

I see your finger's on the pinball pulse as always Ice!!!

Not me NP, you are the Pinside Vet and King. Tell RobT hi!

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm tired of his mailed in crapola recently. I don't need another Ac/dc, SM, ST layout. Maybe JT woke his ass up.

Not me NP, you are the Pinside Vet and King. Tell RobT hi!

Recently? GOT Premium/LE is hardly a retread!

#120 3 years ago

Planet of the Apes (always seems to be a movie coming out) + old/new fans
    Pink Floyd (the ultimate in visual/playfield opportunities - flying pig, anyone?)
    Justice League (Batman edition, Superman Edition, Wonder Woman Edition... Stern orgasm) & endless movies planned

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Jaws would have me opening my checkbook, just like GB did. No thanks to another super hero or rock band pin.

Superhero could care less, We are Motorhead and we play rock n roll, bring it.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I do believe "Aerosmith" is just factory code name. I heard the real game is Motley Crue. Don't care for either one.

I could see this as last Dirty Donny pic had a girl in bikini or leather if I remember correctly with the crue symbols.

#123 3 years ago

Please be Motley Crue with mr Lyman on Codes !

#124 3 years ago

Although I don't think it'll happen for pinball (and I'd never be able to afford it), I flew across the country (NJ to Los Angeles) alone to see Motley for my third time in person for their final show ever on New Year's Eve The joys of being young. I love them and live music as a lifestyle basically when I can. Hell of an experience that I'll never forget. Let's just say it's much harder to convince Mom of then when bringing yet another machine in...

me_(resized).jpg

#125 3 years ago

Jaws or Goonies - not fussed

#126 3 years ago

Mötley crue

Stern posted this a while ago the snake on her arm is Dr feel good album

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#127 3 years ago

+ it looks like a microphone in her hand

Motley got 2 sexy girls singing and dancing on stage with them.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from yuriijos:

Star Wars and Iron Maiden both need to be done by Borg and Lyman or Trudeau and Sullivan. I already have or had enough SR games.

Not sure if this is a joke? The best pinball designer to ever live is being criticized. I thought there was some kind of pinside ten commandments and one of them is "I shall not talk s*#* about the 'King'-Steve Ritchie" If he is doing Star Wars it will be a masterpiece.

Time for facepalm photo...

Double_facepalm.jpg

#129 3 years ago

I don't consider Steve to be the best pinball designer that ever lived.

All designers have made some great games and some significant duds.

They each have their own style this is true but I don't find any one to be better than the other.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I don't consider Steve to be the best pinball designer that ever lived.
    All designers have made some great games and some significant duds.
    They each have their own style this is true but I don't find any one to be better than the other.

Steve is the best seller. That gives him the "King" nickname.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Steve is the best seller. That gives him the "King" nickname.

TSPP, LOTR & MET were best sellers for Stern

Steves only Stern title he knocked out of the park was ACDC to my knowledge... I've got to be forgetting something for everyone to be on his nuts all the time tho. What else did he make that sold like hotcakes?

I don't dislike the dude. All pinball is good. Im just not a Steve groupie like some folks

#132 3 years ago

ACDC was the best selling Stern game from what I hear. ST did pretty well as it was sold for a long time. SM must of done well to bring it back. I'm not a fan of all his games but he does have a very impressive history of strong games.

#133 3 years ago

I agree with Colonel_Caverne,no more comic rock band pins! That art on MET. looks like ED'Big daddy' Roth's stuff,most of you are too young to know his stuff now! HOWARD STERN??? you gotta get out more,dude!How about something we can have fun with?? No more epic game play,mode after mode,after mode,help someone???peace

#134 3 years ago

Didn't Stern marketing (on FB) say it was going to be an arena rock music pin? ... maybe it was just a rumor here on Pinside, but either way, going off of that, it could be a Queen pin. Also this summers big movies have Capt America, Angry Birds (big with the kids), another TMNT, a Warcraft movie, and ID4 part 2. Many of those have similar themes from previous Stern, Sega, and Data East titles. Could see one of those being made as well.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

TSPP, LOTR & MET were best sellers for Stern
    Steves only Stern title he knocked out of the park was ACDC to my knowledge... I've got to be forgetting something for everyone to be on his nuts all the time tho. What else did he make that sold like hotcakes?
    I don't dislike the dude. All pinball is good. Im just not a Steve groupie like some folks

Uh, I'm talking about his whole career. Steve Ritchie is the best selling pinball designer.

He had mega sellers for Williams back in the day. Flash, Firepower, High Speed, T2, F-14, High Speed II, Black Knight, and Star Trek TNG all sold in the 5 digits. Even Lawlor isn't close, despite having the single best selling game (Addams Family).

And with AC/DC, he apparently has Stern's best seller.

#136 3 years ago

It must be Lonnie, since Lyman is up next with Borg.

The rumor is that Ritchie and Lyman will not work together anymore.

#137 3 years ago

yeah, a motley crue pinball will bring the new generation to the hobby, that's a great idea.

please, please make something different stern. enough with the old school rock and roll band.
    i understand met and ac/dc but c'mon, motley crue, really? last time i heard motley crue on radio was about 30 years ago.

#138 3 years ago

Crue would be a better choice than Aerosmith but they are pretty irrelevant these days. I did used to play Crue Ball a lot on my Sega Genesis! Hard to believe that game is 24 years old now..

crue21_(resized).png

#139 3 years ago

Assassin creed, ice age, guardians of the galaxie, Thor...

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

How do you know? You work for Stern ? Guess not hey just another out there post

No, I don't work for Stern.

How do I know? When the latest ST code was dropped, Steve Ritchie himself said there will probably be one more ST update on Facebook.

I don't post stuff just because I want things to happen. Many others saw the same post too.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Re-themed Jokerz to ICP?

I'm retheming a jokerz but not with ICP. Hate that creepy santa thing

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Another quote direct from Dirty Donny's blog (http://www.dirtydonny.com/new-blog/):
    "New pinball with Stern
    It's exciting to announce to you that I am in the middle of doing a new secret title on a pinball machine with Stern. If you liked Metallica your gonna love this one! It is also the reason I have mostly been posting older artwork and not new stuff. Stay tuned for updates!"
    His line, "If you liked Metallica your gonna love this one" leads me to believe that he'll either be doing the artwork on Aerosmith or Iron Maiden (or maybe even Led Zeppelin if Stern somehow managed to secure that license).
    Either way, it sounds like we can expect more Dirty Donny music pin art soon.

Stern has had Zeppelin license since 2007 as that's what became of IJ4 with Borg. IJ4 had a 4 month development because of time constraints. I have no doubt LZ will happen it's just a matter of when.

#143 3 years ago

Very strong rumor that it is going to be Austin Powers VE. Remember you heard it here first.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Very strong rumor that it is going to be Austin Powers VE. Remember you heard it heard first.

We already had ironman

#145 3 years ago

I'm letting the cat outta the bag... Dirty Donny is working on Limp Bizkit Pinball

MI0000134686_(resized).jpg

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

I'm letting the cat outta the bag... Dirty Donny is working on Limp Bizkit Pinball

FINALLY!!!!

...and idea worse than Aerosmith

#147 3 years ago

I don't know who at Stern figured Aerosmith would be a really swell idea for a new pin, but he better have his bags packed--be lookin' for work after it tanks...

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

I heard it was Michael Bolton - I mean what goes together better than Smooth Jazz+Dirty Donny=Pinball of course. Like Skittles and Catsup.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

The rumor is that Ritchie and Lyman will not work together anymore.

That's ok, I like the Borg/Lyman combo.

And I don't really care what Ritchie has done in the past, I'm not buying any of those pins!

I respect his accomplishments as a great designer BUT not so much lately with the lone exception of Ac/dc and it's a rehash of SM, the same greatness. I do love My WPT

I do think Ritchie is going to try and one up JT after the GB smash hit.

And if anybody wants to count that GOT layout as "great designer" material then I'm at a loss.

GOT is fun because of the theme and code, despite the layout, especially the LE, a jumbled mess imho

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

...with the lone exception of Ac/dc and it's a rehash of SM, the same greatness.

Too true...the classic upper flipper goodness of ACDC Mixed with the cannons of SM!

Did you mean T2?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 87.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 230.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 89.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside