(Topic ID: 99468)

Whats a sad Sweet Hearts worth? update: Snagged!

By zaphod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fflint_18
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2177.JPG
DSCN2162.JPG
DSCN2159.JPG
DSCN2181.JPG
DSCN2176.JPG
DSCN2171.JPG
DSCN2172.JPG
DSCN2168.JPG
DSCN2167.JPG
DSCN2170.JPG
00H0H_40qNLssDZTM_600x450.jpg
00i0i_eJckRWNbY7q_600x450[1].jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I chatted with a guy who is selling a Sweet Hearts. Before I make the trip (couple hours each way) to eye ball it I thought some Pinsiders might give a heads up on its worth.

As described: Back glass pretty good - one chipped area by the credit window, otherwise no flaking or loose paint. Playfield has some wear of the clear in the unpainted wood - no mention of issues in painted areas, no bare wood in painted areas. Mechanically things work and it plays. Cabinet is fair to poor, repair repaint suggested. Coin box has a fair amount of rust. Legs less so. Inside very clean, no rust on mechs. Back box has been repainted incorrectly and poorly ie fugley! Has not been left in the cold, was stored in living space for the past ten plus years.

Asked for photos of playfield, bg and back of bg. Supposedly will be sent tomorrow or Friday.

Wants $275

Ad photo:
00i0i_eJckRWNbY7q_600x450[1].jpg00i0i_eJckRWNbY7q_600x450[1].jpg

#2 9 years ago

That's right about what I would pay for it in that shape.. Really fun, quick game

#3 9 years ago

Front of the cab has also been repainted. Beehive shooter housing should be white, not red. Check if it has the lockdown bar to go with it (and the correct style), as they are difficult to locate.

Guessing the playfield has a bit more wear, but hard to see from the picture. If the backglass and playfield are as nice as described, 275 is fair. The blue paint on the cab might come off and leave the original paint left (if they just used a household Latex on it).

I'd say 200-350 tops (if the backglass and playfield are truly nice, and the inside is clean).

#4 9 years ago

As long as the pf is not too bad $275 is not a bad price

#5 9 years ago

275 is fine.. Take it.

Lockdown bar at PBR 85 dollars.
Coin door and metal parts 175-200 dollars
Cab repaint 500 dollars range
New backglass if needed 300 dollars.

If this was near my house...I would have snatched it up because it is high on my want list.

BUY IT!!

#6 9 years ago

00H0H_40qNLssDZTM_600x450.jpg00H0H_40qNLssDZTM_600x450.jpg00H0H_40qNLssDZTM_600x450.jpg00H0H_40qNLssDZTM_600x450.jpg

Here's one I just bought for $400. I will have to replace glass on this one thou

#7 9 years ago

Thanks!
Glass and lockdown were removed for photo. Yep, did notice the red beehive and ugly blue front. Agree that the pf and chrome will be worse than what one can tell. Hopefully photos will give a clue. Looks like a repaint if I were ever to get to it. Playing keeps getting in the way of the projects. Such a dilemma!!

So -- now to make sure I am allowed to bring it home!

To add to the confusion there appears to be a 2001 and a Sky Jump about an hour plus in the opposie direction to be had 450 combined. Oh what is a broke pinhead to do?

#8 9 years ago

^^^^^Super Jelly @ Ken's Sweet Hearts.

#9 9 years ago

Buy all 3! Then flip what you don't keep to pay for the one that you keep. Easy dilemma!

#10 9 years ago

Good price considering condition. Go for it.

Ken

#11 9 years ago

Tell me where you live...Ive got a minivan that can haul 3 wedgies

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Buy all 3! Then flip what you don't keep to pay for the one that you keep. Easy dilemma!

up with that but I think there would be a big VETO as it is known that once they come home they never leave. I think I hear a pinhead parody of Hotel California in my head.

#13 9 years ago

Sounds like a more-than-fair price.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Tell me where you live...Ive got a minivan that can haul 3 wedgies

Thanks. I'm real close. Maine.

Transport is about the only thing I have down with a old full size conversion van. Pins love the nice cushiony ride on the bed and I took the mid seats out so plenty of room for the heads.

#15 9 years ago

Part with the 3 that you have and get the 3 new ones.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Part with the 3 that you have and get the 3 new ones.

Not the Vulcan. 2001 over the other two any day. Sky Jump, meh.

#17 9 years ago

I hear ya DF. The Vulcan will only leave if a sweet Fire Queen came my way. Of course you would never identify with that {insert sarcasm sign}.

Here are the additional photos that just arrived.DSCN2167.JPGDSCN2167.JPGDSCN2168.JPGDSCN2168.JPGDSCN2170.JPGDSCN2170.JPGDSCN2171.JPGDSCN2171.JPGDSCN2172.JPGDSCN2172.JPGDSCN2176.JPGDSCN2176.JPGDSCN2177.JPGDSCN2177.JPGDSCN2181.JPGDSCN2181.JPGDSCN2159.JPGDSCN2159.JPGDSCN2162.JPGDSCN2162.JPG

#18 9 years ago

sling shot plastics and other extra parts are included.

Playfield a bit worse than discussed but about as expected.

#19 9 years ago

Backglass is super nice and unflaked. Playfield is slightly rough. Just buy it, play it, flip it. The price is right for you to just take it home and enjoy it in the player condition that it is.

#20 9 years ago

With the nice backglass, it's worth the 275.

#21 9 years ago

So we settled on 250 for machine and a box of goodies: extra coin mechs, rubbers galore, balls, balls, balls, extra posts and more. I brought it home Friday evening. Great day for the drive, very pleasant seller (once had lunch with Douglass Adams at a media convention - cool for those of us named zaphod!) Nice sunset dinner and micro-brew on the water at the alley in Portsmouth NH - sea food can't be much fresher.

Thanks for the input. Nice to have your own thought confirmed and a bit more education added.

The glass is superb except the credit chip, the mechs all seem to work but the backbox rust level looks like I'll be burning through at least two HF vibrating tumblers (two years left on that extended warranty ). Legs yuck. Top half of play field not bad, lower half is quite toasty but not too bad for a '63 machine. Cabinet repaint horrible, untouched as thin as a primer wash. Thinking a fill stencil and paint job might be in order - in about three years

#22 9 years ago

Very nice buy. Fun game to play. I cant wait to get mine delivered from St Louis

#23 9 years ago

Fun project and great grab!

SO Long and thanks for all the FIsh
--Jeff

#24 9 years ago

Nice buy.

You may be able to get that paint off without damaging what's beneath.

Probably not great, but at least it will be consistent with the rest of the machine.

Good luck with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-sad-sweet-hearts-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.