2012-08-28_20-34-40_660.jpg
2012-08-28_20-40-39_469.jpg
2012-08-28_20-35-46_230.jpg
2012-08-28_20-45-00_761.jpg
2012-08-28_20-45-38_960.jpg
2012-08-28_20-26-43_722_copy.jpg
2012-08-28_20-25-43_841_copy.jpg
2012-08-28_20-25-20_918_copy.jpg
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

Sega X-files and Data East Secret Service. As a matter of fact, pretty much all of the Sega/Data East lineup.

Yes, X-Files is great, can't believe how cheap I've found these, has got to be one of the best bang-for-your-buck machines. Maybe I'd like Secret Service then too... have seen that one very cheap several times, but never checked it out... hhmm... next time I will!

#252 7 years ago

Street Fighter

#253 7 years ago

Motordome. You can pick your own difficulty before the first plunge! 3 million points on one shot if you can pull it off.

#254 7 years ago

KISS gets a bad rap... love that game.

#255 7 years ago

I just picked up a Williams system 11 Roller games and was surprised how fun it is . There are a lots a interesting shots and I like it better than a lot of games that go for a lot more cash.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'll cast a third vote for W?D.

Make that a 4th vote.
And another one for X Files.

#258 7 years ago

Robocop
Genesis, really all system 80's
Police Force
most classic Sterns
Popeye
Gladiators
Silver Slugger
too many to list just like a list for over rated games, in fact that list is even longer

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Make that a 4th vote.
And another one for X Files.

So how many more mentions in a row do we need to see for W?D to no longer be overrated?

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Motordome. You can pick your own difficulty before the first plunge! 3 million points on one shot if you can pull it off.

Most would consider unbalanced scoring like this a bad thing.

#261 7 years ago

RBION , BBH , WNBJM and by far GI.
Got to love basher pins, except RBION of course.

#262 7 years ago

RCT is bashed because of the talking troll doll but the game itself has alot to offer,lots to shoot for.

#263 7 years ago
1 month later
#264 7 years ago

Waterworld...

2 months later
#266 7 years ago

Proably my favorite system 11 pin..mousin around.....

#267 7 years ago

Well now you're just being silly

#268 7 years ago

After playing it extensively last weekend I can say that TFTC is really fun. It's got some reslly nice shots and everything else (sound, artwork) DMD animation (!!!). This is a no doubt tier 2 scoop it up at $xxxxxx pin.

#269 7 years ago

I'll add another vote for W?D. I have mine sitting between TZ and Shadow and folks still gravitate to it. It's fun with a great theme and frantic modes like Penthouse Party and Elevator Madness. I agree that Penthouse Party and Roof Multiball are a little unbalancing, but it's still such a fun machine I can't believe it's where it is on the rankings.

I also will add a vote for Secret Service, sure the backglass is horrible, but the game is great, especially the music. DE seemed to generally put together a good sound package. I love the sound on my Time Machine.

#270 7 years ago

I like early SS games with lots of drop targets, like EBD, Joker Poker or Seawitch.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I always loved William's FIRE! No pop bumpers and unusual gameplay but that's why I like it I think.

+9999!!!!

#272 7 years ago

#flintstones . Gets the most game play of any game in my lineup, and every other game is Top30 or so. When people come over, someone is always playing it, especially people who have played my pins before.

#273 7 years ago

Road Show - tons of shots and modes. Lots of charm

Fish Tales - Great flow and fast. Super JP is a blast to hit

HS- Better than getaway in my opinion. Still gets the adrenaline flowing after all these years. Something about getting away from the cops always feels good

T3- Its not the prettiest game. However, the shots feel good and RED mode is way cool

Tommy, JP, TFTC, Royal Rumble - The DE games do not get the love they deserve. All of these games are tons of fun and affordable.

Seawitch, EBD, FG, Skateball, Meteor, etc. - No pussy ball saves, no pussy mbs just straight up pinball drop target action. Every collection should have at least a couple classics. They are gorgeous and play hard as nails. However when you get a good game on one of them its a rush. My favorite is collecting the purple shots on Sea Witch and shooting the rip tide.

2 weeks later
#274 7 years ago

Twd pro.....imho one of the best stern to date ever made....

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Twd pro.....imho one of the best stern to date ever made....

But it isn't under rated though. In fact it is VERY highly rated. Some believe it to be the best ever.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

But it isn't under rated though. In fact it is VERY highly rated. Some believe it to be the best ever.

Rank 80#.....it should be in the top 10#....

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Well the addition of walker bombs on the Prem/LE keep the Pro down. Most importantly theme was not well integrated I think most people would agree...and that's such a big deal to people now.
Not a huge fan of the show myself so I'd love to pick one up.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

True but as most know the rankings are horse shit.

#279 7 years ago

I like my X-Files just as much and keep it with the prominently positioned A-listers in my collection: ST Premium, LoTR, Safe Cracker.

I should mention it's much lower priced, so very good bang-for-buck...

#280 7 years ago

Hollywood Heat
Wipeout
Scorpion

#281 7 years ago

TWD pro, it's rated way lower than the premium, but I love it.

It's rated 80 (40 lower than XMLE) that does not compute.

#282 7 years ago

Just recently picked up Tfle and can't believe how good this games is based off th bad ratings .

#283 7 years ago

Avatar is awesome and very underrated. You start stacking modes and multiballs and this game just comes alive.

1 month later
#284 6 years ago

Maverick

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I like my X-Files just as much and keep it with the prominently positioned A-listers in my collection: ST Premium, LoTR, Safe Cracker.
I should mention it's much lower priced, so very good bang-for-buck...

I agree. The X Files is among the very best playing pins when loaded up with modern LED lighting and good speaker upgrades. The game transforms with a small investment in it. Once you start playing it and get into it, you just can't stop hitting the start button over and over. Very tough shots and brutal game, get's the adrenaline going every time. Elicits the dreaded "NNNNNNOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!" response every time the ball inevitably drains. Love the multiball modes but have never made it to the Blood wizard mode. Maybe one day.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

With LED lighting and good speakers added X-Files is among the very best playing pins.

Quoted from JeremyON:

Very tough shots and brutal game.

Some people would say that your second observation should nullify your first.

I purchased my X-files NIB in 1997 (I still have the original carton stored in my crawlspace) and it has been HUO ever since but gets very little play because the shots are so tight (and it isn't good enough to make it into my main game room). But there's no point in selling at current prices. It's a nice looking pin even if it just sits there.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It's a nice looking pin even if it just sits there.

You just described the true intentions of 80% of pinball enthusiasts, lol.

#288 6 years ago

Played 24 again last week and I think it is a fun, underrated game.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Some people would say that your second observation should nullify your first.
I purchased my X-files NIB in 1997 (I still have the original carton stored in my crawlspace) and it has been HUO ever since but gets very little play because the shots are so tight (and it isn't good enough to make it into my main game room). But there's no point in selling at current prices. It's a nice looking pin even if it just sits there.

Why should it nullify? Who wants a game that's too easy to play? If there is no skill required to play, then what's the point? I can sound off many titles that have ramps way too easy to hit over and over (yawn). X-files is clearly no kiddie game, it takes honed reflexes and I can appreciate that.

#290 6 years ago

Stargate is my #1 pick for most underrated game. Especially if you are looking under 3k. Great bang for the buck pin.

#291 6 years ago

Bally Midway games.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Proably my favorite system 11 pin..mousin around.....

This. I just played Mousin' Around for the first time ever tonight. A friend has it at his working place.

This game has got a nice flowing playfield and some very cool rules. It just screams fun! Very impressive. Underrated, if not just plain unknown by most people here...

1 month later
#293 6 years ago

Wwe....I honestly though is one of the worst modern stern to come out...I don't like wrestling or the art but the game play is really good with the new code...well balance and actually has that one more game play...

#294 6 years ago

Dirty Harry IMO is pinball machine with a pretty good layout and gameplay that is often overlooked when people think of the 90's era Williams pins. It should definitely be ranked higher than it is. It's a great pin!

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

Why should it nullify? Who wants a game that's too easy to play? If there is no skill required to play, then what's the point? I can sound off many titles that have ramps way too easy to hit over and over (yawn). X-files is clearly no kiddie game, it takes honed reflexes and I can appreciate that.

might be difficult, the problem is, it's absolutely no fun, uninteresting and boring as all shit to play.

#297 6 years ago

Rollergames and
Wipeout

Both are easy on the wallet and lots of fun.

#299 6 years ago

You cannot purchase a pin with more features for less money than a Shaq Attaq. Some choose to look down on them, but it's their loss. I do admit to hearing "Take the shot!" in my sleep now! LOL!

Shaq mini playfield (resized).JPGShaq mini playfield (resized).JPG

#300 6 years ago

I just have to mention Williams Hurricane. Updated with a LED display, new ramps and LED lighting . I can play it daily and never tire of it.

-J

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-really-under-rated-pinball-machine/page/6?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.