2012-08-28_20-34-40_660.jpg
2012-08-28_20-40-39_469.jpg
2012-08-28_20-35-46_230.jpg
2012-08-28_20-45-00_761.jpg
2012-08-28_20-45-38_960.jpg
2012-08-28_20-26-43_722_copy.jpg
2012-08-28_20-25-43_841_copy.jpg
2012-08-28_20-25-20_918_copy.jpg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 8 years ago

My opinion would be NASCAR, great game, great flow, good rule set, for the money you can't beat it

#2 8 years ago

Rollergames.

Vastly underrated System 11 game since a lot of people don't like the cheesy graphics and music. I'm a fan of all that is the 80s so this is fitting for me.

#3 8 years ago

I played rollergames about 2 month ago and couldn't believe what a great game it was, one of the better system 11

Quoted from AndHart120:Rollergames.
Vastly underrated System 11 game since a lot of people don't like the cheesy graphics and music. I'm a fan of all that is the 80s so this is fitting for me.

#4 8 years ago

Most data east and capcom games

#5 8 years ago

My answers alway the same .
Stern Striker Extreme .

#6 8 years ago

EMs in general and the better EMs in particular. Like many others, I was always after the latest and greatest. It took me a long time to appreciate the value of a good EM.

#7 8 years ago

I talk about these a lot on here, but I just love my under rated gruesome twosome: Gladiators and Starship Troopers!

#8 8 years ago

Step 1: look at my collection
Step 2: Pick 80% of them which are not considered top rated
Step 3: There is your new "under-rated but awesome game" list

#9 8 years ago

I don't know if it's underrated, but I wrote it off the first 10-15 or so times I played it.

Elvis. I'm not saying by any means that it is a perfect pin, but I can see how it would get overlooked. The theme is not that great (in my opinion. I am not an Elvis fan). But the gameplay, when you get it down, is pretty superb. Plenty of interesting shots with a pretty unique playfield layout. Once I got my shots down to open up Heart Break Hotel multiball, the game really opened up to me. It's a surprisingly fun pin.

I'd also have to put Hook on this list. I'm generally not a Data East fan, but the multiball start with two more skill shots is really satisfying. BANGARANG!!!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I talk about these a lot on here, but I just love my under rated gruesome twosome: Gladiators and Starship Troopers!

Haven't played starship much, but +1 for gladiators! And rocky & bullwinkle

#11 8 years ago

Big Brave

#12 8 years ago

+2 for Gladiators.
+1 for Starship Troopers
and Twister

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

EMs in general and the better EMs in particular. Like many others, I was always after the latest and greatest. It took me a long time to appreciate the value of a good EM.

I really like the mid 70s Gottlieb pins. Abra Ca Dabra, Atlantis and Centigrade 37. Really, really fun pins. You can get all 3 for the price of a B title DMD.

As for DMDs, I really like Jackbot for the cost of low 2k.

#14 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I really like the mid 70s Gottlieb pins. Abra Ca Dabra, Atlantis and Centigrade 37. Really, really fun pins. You can get all 3 for the price of a B title DMD.

Yup. I had grown accustomed to desirable pins being in the $4k-8k range and so was delighted to discover how much fun an older pin in the $500-1,500 (or so) range could be.

#17 8 years ago

I love my Genesis20150621_210454.jpg20150621_210454.jpg

#18 8 years ago

I really love the old Bally SS games. MH, EK, HG, that type and style of them.

#19 8 years ago

+3 for Gladiators.

#20 8 years ago

I don't have it any longer, but I really enjoyed Maverick! And I'll second Baywatch (which took its place).

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I love my Genesis20150621_210454.jpg

I'm with you on this one. For some reason, it was always one of my favorite machines. I stupidly sold the two that I had. I am now looking for a third that I will never get rid of.

#23 8 years ago

Black Rose does not seem to be overly popular, but to me it has that fun factor that keeps me on the machine for long periods of time.

#24 8 years ago

Mr Ms Pac Man is much less popular than anything mentioned thus far. Happens to be a game that no even one understands. First video mode in a pinball.

So many of the games mentioned above have TONS of dedicated players and the secret was out long ago that they are great.

#25 8 years ago

I always loved William's FIRE! No pop bumpers and unusual gameplay but that's why I like it I think.

#26 8 years ago

I like Stargate more than several of the top 30 games. Very underrated pin, IMO.

#28 8 years ago

striker xtreme has a bad rap but for the price, and the games it's up against in it's price range, it's got some fun gameplay.

judge dredd is underrated too imo. get's some love but not as much as it deserves.

#29 8 years ago

Any pin I'm selling.

Honorable mention goes to Nip It.

#30 8 years ago

Well, this one is probably just as much unknown as it is underrated. However, it has gained a small following among pinball connaisseurs in recent years. Still: my vote goes to TX-Sector. An extremely witty game from a time when Gottlieb's popularity was probably at its lowest. Amazing sound, great rules and a beautiful light show, especially when led'ed.
My TX-SectorMy TX-Sector

#31 8 years ago

Twister
Skateball
Baywatch
Fish tales

#32 8 years ago

Hook by Data East. While the rule set isn't super deep, it has some really hard sots, and the wind coaster is such a satisfying ramp.

#33 8 years ago

BBH, WNBJM and Gilligan's Island.
" Best games ever "

#34 8 years ago

I just played Black Rose and was really impressed. Seems like a game you never hear about. Really fun cannon shot and great callouts. Kinda goofy, but shouldn't pinball be a little goofy? A lot of fun.

#35 8 years ago

Secret Service, Roadkings, Arena, TX Sector, Robowar, Excalibur, Vector, D and D, Time Fantasy and many more great under rated games out there. I actually find some extra joy in these games due to the fact that they are the underdogs, and usually are obtainable for a fraction of their overpriced cousins, all I know is I would rather have 5 of these so called under rated games rather than 1 MM or CC.

#36 8 years ago

Transformers le
Ripleys
Fish tales
Bsd
Tftc

#37 8 years ago

I got a news flash for anyone thinking of posting a game in the top 100...

IT DOESN'T APPLY TO THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Baywatch!

I agree 100% baywatch!! This game has so much for so little... I'd feel like I was kicked in the nuts if I ever let mine go for what their selling for.
Also 24 this game just one pure adrenaline rush in my opinion. 17 games in my collection and I just can't seem to get enough of this one. Simply put....I love it...best purchase this year by far.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

the better EMs in particular.

So true. The EM top 100 list is a bigger joke than the DMD list.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I got a news flash for anyone thinking of posting a game in the top 100...
IT DOESN'T APPLY TO THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

News flash! Some of the top 100 belong closer to the top than bottom... So anything good ranked 101 or higher qualifies?

#41 8 years ago

Xmen
Stargate
Elektra

#42 8 years ago

I have to agree that there is some wackiness to some of these titles. FT and BSD have been on the B+ list for many years. No I don't want to argue "should be A". I'm just saying it does get love.

And C37? It is A-list for the EM games. If not please show me a cheap one. Just because it is not on the top of the Pinside 100 list does not make it underrated.

The rest of them named here are just crap

#43 8 years ago

Space Station
Under-rated system 11 with three ball multi-ball with repeatable jackpot, sweet space theme, green mode GI, ramp with cool diverter, good sound, different layout with no inlanes, etc.
It's got it all.

#44 8 years ago

Roadshow but it's starting to get more respect lately

#45 8 years ago

Black Rose
Judge Dredd
Roadshow

#46 8 years ago

-Gilligan's Island
-original The Simpsons
-Tri Zone

#47 8 years ago

I almost forgot...
Riverboat Gambler

#49 8 years ago

Flintstones especially when u can get it for around 2500 . When u start getting towards 3k like ive seen lately then there are many better playing in that range . Its definitely way underrated as for as ratings

#50 8 years ago

X-Men LE
TFLE
Avengers LE
Barb Wire

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-really-under-rated-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.