(Topic ID: 14634)

Whats a nice Super Mario Bros Pin worth?

By ovfdfireman

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Title says it all, opinions please

#2 12 years ago

1200 maybe in my area.

#3 12 years ago

#4 12 years ago

One HUO FS here for $2500.

Local Retail shop is asking 1695 for a shopped routed one.

#5 12 years ago

How nice? Any outhole wear, any cabinet issues, any wear by the flippers?

To a pinball collector, a truly nice one is $1200-1600. To a Super Mario collector, I have seen nice ones fetch up to $2500.

#6 12 years ago

smb seems to plague WI. There is always one for sale on CL somewhere in the state. If price is to much just pass. They seem to literally grow on trees. That and SF2 blech.

Personally they come up for 800 more than you think. Routed etc. I think mushroom world is worth more. Which one you talking about.

#7 12 years ago

The one I think you are asking about looks considerably nicer than the one I sold for $1200 last year. That said, have you ever played it? Very low staying power in a collection that gets played IMHO, and I know yours get played...

Tracy

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

smb seems to plague WI. There is always one for sale on CL somewhere in the state. If price is to much just pass. They seem to literally grow on trees. That and SF2 blech.

Hey Midwestern-Brethren.. If you see another come up for sale near us, please kindly pm me! My boy would die of joy if I brought one home. Not willing to drop 2.5k on one however.. but for 500-1000 I'd seriously consider it.

-j

#9 12 years ago

I bought one and had it shipped from Texas last year for around 650 shipped. It is an uber project that is a cosmetic nightmare. I like getting games like these to keep my skills sharp. The problem with SMB is that nice ones are hard to come by and when they do, they go for bucks.

I would say 90% of the SMBs out there have outhole wear, pop bumper wear, and flipper wear where the mylar stops. Also, the cabinets on these are often pretty rough, as the paint on the cabinets seems a lot more fragile on SMB than other Gottlieb System 3s.

That 90% tends to trade hands around 800-1200. Once they get nicer, they get more expensive in short order. Pinball Resource has most of the plastics and ramps, but there aren't cabinet decals and playfields for them floating out there.

It is a fun game, that isn't uber deep, but the theme is great and appeals to all demographics. Everyone has played some video game version of Mario from the 90s all the way to now...

#10 12 years ago

In average shape, Mushroom World is worth more, as it is rarer and more of a Novelty. In nice shape, it seems that Mushroom World's ceiling is a lot lower, because it is a novelty and not a true full fledged machine.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

AkumaZeto said:smb seems to plague WI. There is always one for sale on CL somewhere in the state. If price is to much just pass. They seem to literally grow on trees. That and SF2 blech.
Hey Midwestern-Brethren.. If you see another come up for sale near us, please kindly pm me! My boy would die of joy if I brought one home. Not willing to drop 2.5k on one however.. but for 500-1000 I'd seriously consider it.
-j

check the eau claire CL often as well as madison and wasau. They literally pop up at least once every 2 months.

#12 12 years ago

I looked around for one for my girlfriends grandkids.

They ranged from 1.5 to 2.5k, and they were all remote so I would have to ship. Plus, it was difficult to really assess what condition they were really in.

Almost everything is remote from NorCal, which sucks no end. That's one of the main reasons that prices are more here; everything comes with a $300+ dollar bill wrapped around it. That and since there are less games here and a decent demand...pins cost more, generally.

I'd like to find one here, but the one I did find semi-local was in not so great condition and was ~2.5k.

If anyone has one or knows of one somewhat near NorCal, please let me know.

Robert

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

check the eau claire CL often as well as madison and wasau. They literally pop up at least once every 2 months.

Thanks!

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'd like to find one here, but the one I did find semi-local was in not so great condition and was ~2.5k.

If you want to PM me, there is one at a local retail shop here for $1700.. or it was a cpl wks ago. I'll give you his info and you can arrange shipping. At that price + NAVL I *think* you'd come in at or just over 2k.

-j

#14 12 years ago

I would be available to go take a look at it and take some pictures for you this weekend if needed. If its the one I think it is, its not too far from my work

#15 12 years ago

"If you want to PM me, there is one at a local retail shop here for $1700..."

Is that the one Al has in Fridley?

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-nice-super-mario-bros-pin-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.