light_at_end_of_tunnel.jpg
144146.jpg
image-526.jpg
65.jpg
MM Backbox-311.jpg
Oops-I-Crapped-My-Pants_square.jpg
mccain-in-depends-adult-diapers.jpg
one-million-dollars-o.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 10 years ago

Many people that are new buyers won't admit it, but I would venture most, over 50% of these will end up hitting the for sale market within 1 year of getting it. Of the 4 people I know getting one, I can see all 4 doing it. 3 have sold one in the past as it wasn't their favorite game, and another thought it was a great deal and never had one on his want list.

So here is how I see it playing out:

1. Many of them have already owned and sold one in the past. So why not grab one, market has shown appreciation in this pin, sell and buy one of the many new pins coming out with a little extra in my pocket. They will dump them.

2. People that have bashed MM in the past are now owners. I guess buying one is going to make them a convert. They will dump

3. Flippers that flip all pins will buy multiples- gauge the market and sell when they can profit. Not if, but when, they will dump

The other 50%:

These are the people who really wanted a MM, they will keep the pin and be the new crop of forum defenders against the flippers who will proclaim, "I had the PPS MM and the game is over-hyped. I sold it within 2 months, as it did not do anything for me. I couldn't wait to dump it!!!!"

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

need the wifes permission. HA! classic stuff. Makes me giggle every time.

Kind of hard to pull a man card about asking a wife permission to make a purchase when you should have yours pulled for "giggling".

Mancard rule number one: Men don't giggle, we chuckle or chort

#93 10 years ago

Here is a question that got me wondering-

When has a copy/remake/redo of anything become more valuable than the original regardless of slight improvements?

The closest comparison I can think of that would be oranges to oranges is the BBB remake. Original is still worth more. In fact, in all collectible hobbies 99% of all originals sell better than copies/remakes/redos. Condition being paramount of course.

I am not talking about routed beaters with 50,000 plays, compared to a NIB MMR, but an average MM, 7 on a 10 scale, would still probably come in around 8k. Yes, that is a lower amount than a week ago, but the supply has increased so their would be a price adjustment in the original.

So to answer the original OP question, I would say a NICE MM is equal to what the reproduction is worth, around 8k. In 5-10 years if both machines are kept in a HUO environment, I would guess the original would be worth slightly more.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

JJP and Wayno wanted all the money up front.

My deposit with Wayne was for only half...2500

not that my opinion matters as I have more confidence in Rick than Wayne.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-nice-mm-worth-now?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.