light_at_end_of_tunnel.jpg
144146.jpg
image-526.jpg
65.jpg
MM Backbox-311.jpg
Oops-I-Crapped-My-Pants_square.jpg
mccain-in-depends-adult-diapers.jpg
one-million-dollars-o.gif
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I know of a nice MM. Not original, but a well done re-decaled cabinet and CC nice PF. Works all the way. Not perfect, but exemplary. Not HEP, but way above 'routed'. Last week, probably $13k. Now what?

I'm thinking $7k. What do you think?

#2 10 years ago

I would say 7 k is about right.

#3 10 years ago

Whatever someone will pay for it.

#4 10 years ago

9 to 10k

#5 10 years ago

Doesn't matter until you want to sell it. If you want to sell it now, I would be careful to not start to low.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Doesn't matter until you want to sell it. If you want to sell it now, I would be careful to not start to low.

True

#7 10 years ago

Dave will give you 8k but those of us on the list won't buy it. It would have to be 7k for me to choose it over a new game delivered NIB to my home.

#8 10 years ago

I would also say around the 7-8K range.

#9 10 years ago

Probably $6K, realistically.

Shaker $300, clear coat $300, LEDs $250, new boards $500 and of course, what is NEW IN BOX worth?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably $6K, realistically.

Definitely at least $6k at this moment, I can guarantee that

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I'm certainly thinking about it, that's why I'm curious.

Without knowing why you want to sell now, I would suggest selling because of the remake announcement is a mistake, particularly for 7K.

A legitimate 13k pin from a couple weeks ago will definitely take a hit but no one knows how much they will go for once things settle down.

Not many are suggesting that a original "Williams" MM in nicely restored/refurbished condition may have more value than the remake because they will be shouted down and called greedy, evil flippers.

So, my advice is caution and start at a price that you are comfortable with and give it some time. You'll get a lot of crap but you can post on other websites or in the market to avoid that.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Not many are suggesting that a original "Williams" MM in nicely restored/refurbished condition may have more value than the remake because they will be shouted down and called greedy, evil flippers.

true but most of us won't buy an old version person as long as new version will be available period.

#13 10 years ago

I would have a hard time paying $7k...but I may not be your market, because when I've spent money for a restored game it's because I get something that plays like new. I don't necessarily care that it's more collectible or rare.

If I could get a game from PP that's brand new, will run like new for years to come, and have that NIB feeling? That's worth only a grand to jump from $7k to 8k to me. Of course who knows how well their product will hold up in the long run...that'd be the bet.

I would pay around $5.5-6 for something like your machine right now.

#14 10 years ago

Most is a pretty big assumption. Certainly many posting on this site in the last few days have said that. Is pinside the entirety of the pinball collector community?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I've a nice MM. Not original, but a well done re-decaled cabinet and CC nice PF. Works all the way. Not perfect, but exemplary. Not HEP, but way above 'routed'. Last week, probably $13k. Now what?

I am thinking about that same as it was last week unless you and a BUNCH of other people with originals all decide that you need to all sell right now and flood the current supply...

I think that an imaginary game that is supposed to get made sometime in the future by the company that makes reproduction pinball products of questionable quality has little impact on a real deal original MM.

When (IF) the repro MMs get made and IF they are good quality and IF they play the same as the original and IF they are readily available then I think the price of your original will drop. Till all those things happen you have nothing to worry about.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Most is a pretty big assumption. Certainly many posting on this site in the last few days have said that. Is pinside the entirety of the pinball collector community?

You will see soon enough. The collector market is way smaller than those that want new. Thats about to be made very clear.
Especially because the collector market is what existed for all these years. Us newbies with the cash to burn on whatever we wanted are newer and fuled the stern and jjp machine and bought the A titles. Give us new versions and thats going to be the choice over collector versions of originals. Watch..

#17 10 years ago

if the remake is good, lets assume it is, you can buy one NIB for 8k anything less than a restored mm should run 5-6k. Nicely restored maybe a tad more than 8k. A junker, 4k.

#18 10 years ago

Maybe you would pay $7k, but I would not sell mine for that. I'm not being crass, I'm serious. Things will even out, but I think after the new ones arrive. Some may sell at a loss, if they need the funds. Otherwise, why sell?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am thinking about that same as it was last week unless you and a BUNCH of other people with originals all decide that you need to all sell right now and flood the current supply...

I think that an imaginary game that is supposed to get made sometime in the future by the company that makes reproduction pinball products of questionable quality has little impact on a real deal original MM.

When (IF) the repro MMs get made and IF they are good quality and IF they play the same as the original and IF they are readily available then I think the price of your original will drop. Till all those things happen you have nothing to worry about.

I got to disagree and it's not because of my WTB post. The fact is the demand for this title went down by the 1000 buyers who are in for MMR. Even if the MMR turns to vaporware next year, until that time, 1000 buyers are off the table.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You will see soon enough. The collector market is way smaller than those that want new. Thats about to be made very clear.
Especially because the collector market is what existed for all these years. Us newbies with the cash to burn on whatever we wanted are newer and fuled the stern and jjp machine and bought the A titles. Give us new versions and thats going to be the choice over collector versions of originals. Watch..

OK. You got the cash, you're the boss. You're to blame for all the price inflation.

Good to know who's in control.

Get over yourself.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I've a nice MM. Not original, but a well done re-decaled cabinet and CC nice PF. Works all the way. Not perfect, but exemplary. Not HEP, but way above 'routed'. Last week, probably $13k. Now what?

One million dollars

one-million-dollars-o.gifone-million-dollars-o.gif

#22 10 years ago

Someone on another board said they saw a decent MM trade hands at expo today for $4500. The seller was putting the money towards one of the remakes. Anyone at expo see this?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Holy crap!

Who are you, and what the hell have you done to Whysnow?!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Maybe you would pay $7k, but I would not sell mine for that.

And yet her is the impass. dmesserly is 5 min from me and if he wanted to sell me his mm for 7 k I would not buy it with a new one on the way. You may not sell it but all I am saying is that I would not buy it. Thats were we stand.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I got to disagree and it's not because of my WTB post. The fact is the demand for this title went down by the 1000 buyers who are in for MMR. Even if the MMR turns to vaporware next year, until that time, 1000 buyers are off the table.

This is probably a reason not to panic and sell right now.

I doubt it will be vaporware but there's some time to go between an announcement and release of a finished product.

#26 10 years ago

Even if the MMR turns to vaporware next year, until that time, 1000 buyers are off the table.

Wrong.

1000 buyers are not off the table because you don't know how many of those 1000 people would have ever been buyers for his pin at $13k.

My bet: not many of them. If they were, they'd probably already have a MM if they were willing to spend that kind of money.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

OK. You got the cash, you're the boss. You're to blame for all the price inflation.

Good to know who's in control.

Get over yourself.

Cmon Dave. Its not personal. You can buy any pin you want and I know that. I am talking about the new pin buyers vs the old school club and the remakes.

#28 10 years ago

For sure if you were thinking of cashing out on your MM... your timing sucks.

#29 10 years ago

$8000.00 by Christmas. Also, did anyone ask if the coil wrappers on the remake will have the Williams logo?

#30 10 years ago

Well, I don't see the supply going up...

In conjunction, seems like A LOT more that 1000 buyers out there, but that is really not a surprise when it is just a refundable deposit.

It is really all up to the current owners at this point. If a bunch decide to sell at this point and time for some odd reason then they will be why the value has gone down and not because a bunch of special people don't live in reality but rather a false perceived reality conjured up by PPS.

Original MMs are still worth about what they were last week.

Start tossing out real cash and see how long it takes ot find a seller.

Start at 6k this week and add 500 every week. I bet you will not find a nice one for sale to you till 2014...

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

And yet her is the impass. dmesserly is 5 min from me and if he wanted to sell me his mm for 7 k I would not buy it with a new one on the way. You may not sell it but all I am saying is that I would not buy it. Thats were we stand.

But that's nothing new. Especially with you Dave. You don't like "old pins", so you were never one to spend much money on the classic B/W pins. When you did, you sold pretty quickly.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well, now I'm confused. I thought you only bought new. My MM is an old, tired, broken-down POS. You wouldn't want it for any price.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But that's nothing new. Especially with you Dave. You don't like "old pins", so you were never one to spend much money on the classic B/W pins. When you did, you sold pretty quickly.

Lol, busted!!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think you are missing the boat here, as I think the collector market is actually a lot BIGGER than *you* think it is.

There are a ton of "collectors" out there, and the vast majority of them almost never post on Pinside.

#35 10 years ago

How much would folks be willing to spend on an MM that has been refurbished by HEP?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Well, now I'm confused. I thought you only bought new. My MM is an old, tired, broken-down POS. You wouldn't want it for any price.

Nope. not for any price. But collectors will. It will all balance out.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cmon Dave. Its not personal. You can buy any pin you want and I know that. I am talking about the new pin buyers vs the old school club and the remakes.

Sure. I usually try to not get sucked into any antagonistic discussions on the boards but I'm a little annoyed by all the certainty that people people profess to have about what is going to happen to the market with this announcement.

There's a lot more to this hobby than pinside and you can get beat up here if you have differing opinions from the majority.

No one knows what's going to happen with prices. I'm suggesting caution against a tide of every MM is now worth less than the remake statements.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

here are a ton of "collectors" out there, and the vast majority of them almost never post on Pinside.

But I see them converting to new almost daily..

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Sure. I usually try to not get sucked into any antagonistic discussions on the boards but I'm a little annoyed by all the certainty that people people profess to have about what is going to happen to the market with this announcement.
There's a lot more to this hobby than pinside and you can get beat up here if you have differing opinions from the majority.
No one knows what's going to happen with prices. I'm suggesting caution against a tide of every MM is no worth less than the remake statements.

Exactly.

It kind of sucks, but it's pretty obvious that we are going to have to put up with a ton of MM troll type of threads for awhile, like the "WTB Nice MM for $4500.00" BS.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But I see them converting to new almost daily..

Oh, I doubt that. Would like to know your definition of "collector".

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I would say 7 k is about right.

Quoted from MrBally:

$8000.00 by Christmas.

I agree with all of you.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How much would folks be willing to spend on an MM that has been refurbished by HEP?

Anyone telling you under 10k is not being truthful. HEP is still the gold standard and his games simply will be way better than a NIB. They will not be fetching near the 20k ballpark where they were before this but still healthily north of 10k.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Someone on another board said they saw a decent MM trade hands at expo today for $4500. The seller was putting the money towards one of the remakes. Anyone at expo see this?

Yep, the sign was on the game with $4500 crossed out and it said: SOLD!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, the sign was on the game with $4500 crossed out and it said: SOLD!

Yeah that was trolling. Im not convinced

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Maybe it was, maybe it was not, but the effect was real; lot's of people commenting and talking about the sign like it was an obituary.

#46 10 years ago

So to wrap up . Ideally those of us that chase new now have new classics and the collectors still have well made and silk screened originals worth every penny put in to them.
It's a great day for all of us : )

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I think this was the case too...

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe it was, maybe it was not, but the effect was real; lot's of people commenting and talking about the sign like it was an obituary.

Yeah im still laughing at people believing this

#49 10 years ago

I seen the sign as well. Not sure it was real or a joke. Game was nice and played well.

#50 10 years ago

So much arguing going on. Its all good now because anyone that wants one can shell out 8000. Originals will take a hit initially but not forever as long as a sizeable group is interested in the hobby. As long as you bought a MM because you really wanted one you're doing fine. Enjoy it and maintain it 5 years from now who knows we might be where we were at before. I know its a hard pill to swallow for those that wanted one short term and it'd be hard to sell for what you need out of it.(not impossible) but I just don't see a huge long term affect 16000 or whatever Addams family pins still fetch a good price so go off that model.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-nice-mm-worth-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.