Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mojosan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'd like to get a pitch and bat game for my collection. I have a lot of family/kids parties and I think it will be a big hit (pun intended) in my game room.

What are some of the better ones? Nice artwork, fun play, will hold people's interest?

#2 9 years ago

we have a Slugfest. Great for gatherings (kids end of season sports parties or when the extended family is over for a holiday gathering) but not very fun to play alone.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I'd like to get a pitch and bat game for my collection.

I've played a few. They are great!

#4 9 years ago

Williams 57 Deluxe is fantastic. The best p&b...imho.

#5 9 years ago

I personally like the ones that have a running man unit as I think it's fun to see the men "run" the bases. I have a 72 Line Drive that's a lot of fun and gets played quite a bit.

The only thing mine doesn't have that I wish it did is the ability to select which pitch to throw. I believe it's random on my game. Much more fun to select the pitches I think.

Dave

#6 9 years ago

Slugfest is the best one, without a doubt. The others are fun too, but Slugfest adds game play value due to the stealing, pinch hitting, multiple pitches, and bonuses.

#7 9 years ago

Guests really dig my Williams Upper Deck. Not going anywhere.

2-player (competition is always more fun), great lights and sounds, and one of the last P&B's with the running man unit.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2708

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

2-player (competition is always more fun), great lights and sounds, and one of the last P&B's with the running man unit.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2708
» YouTube video

Iam interested in owning one of these 2 player pitch n bats. They do sound fun!

#9 9 years ago

Upper Deck or Line Drive. Love the siren and fireworks when a grand slam is hit. I personally like the line drive home run ramp. Why not have both?

#10 9 years ago

Looking at your collection, what do you think about going wayback for a woodrail with classic art that screams "old school" instead of the 70's style "art" on Line Drive or Upper Deck? And the sound tracks on those can get as annoying as the topper on FT, IMHO.

I don't care for the 57 Deluxe. Just one pitch, one player and no strikes.

On the other hand, I have had a lot of P&B's over the years and the Pinch Hitter is the one that is still here. It is 2 player, and like 57 Deluxe, it has the running man, it's a woodrail, and has the high score to beat. But, it also has two pitches, it counts strikes, it has the "grand slam" feature that gives you four runs for a hit with bases loaded and two outs. Also, it has red plastic ramps instead of steel ones, and the red ramps have lights in them which gives a nice glow to the ballpark.

#11 9 years ago

Slugfest is the best since it has a DMD, awesome sounds, voices, and a ticket dispenser for kids. Pennant Fever would be my next choice. No DMD, but great sound and overall fun.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

I don't blame you. I love diversity in a game room and that thing is very cool..

#13 9 years ago

Newer Pitch & Bat vote from me is our Williams Slugfest:

Old School Pitch & Bat, my vote goes to our Bally Ball Park 1960 EM:

Lots of fun to complete.
~Steveo

#14 9 years ago

Thanks for the opinions.

I made a deal for a SlugFest because I think it will get a lot of play and because I can get a minty one from a trusted source.

I'm going to look into a companion EM or woodrail one to compliment it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 40.00
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkton, MD
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.