Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by perry1670
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20231205_215544071 (resized).jpg
    20230908_085511 (resized).jpg
    20230908_085440 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230901_003420397.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230901_003427996 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230901_003437588 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230901_003522261 (resized).jpg
    41mYV1ZrFYL._AC_ (resized).jpg
    6936A1FB-59B1-40B8-B98C-B1A9E4502DC7 (resized).jpeg
    FD48B29C-9478-4BAC-B348-5ADED22BD59E (resized).jpeg
    3863A47D-0A7B-4249-9A83-CC14F43BC1DE (resized).jpeg
    crimper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have one that looks like that but made by iwiss. I would say the crimp is 80-90% perfect lol 100% of the time. Lo
    I want an OEM crimp, gas tight (all the wires compacted as per OEM testing) which will guarantee the same crimp every time and as per their testing the connector should last.
    Probably overkill for our need but I dont want to deal with cheap tools. The iwiss was and is ok, but it requires a learning period. Also, as per my testing, what it might look like a good crimp does not survive a tug test as light a 5lbs. So it needs to be tuned and sometimes you need to use the wrong size die to get a good crimp.
    I have it all tested out so I know what size to use for each connector, but I am no longer interested in putting up with experimentarions, I just want an OEM crimp.
    Wondering if these Sargent tools provide OEM crimp? Or are these a Molex knockoff?
    LTG

I own one of each. An actual molex for .156 pins and a Sargent for .100 pins. They both work EXACTLY the same. I also went thru about 10 different crimpers over the years and finally decided to spend the money.

SPEND THE MONEY! I found it to be a night and day difference. The factory crimper does such a better job aligning and crimping both the front and back at the same time is wonderful. The one crimper I had was like the iswiss and I found the pins would roll a bit when crimping leaving a less desirable crimp and some it would be defective. No such trouble with the molex/Sargent.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This is the feedback I was looking for.
    Is the Sargent ok with 14-20awg connectors or is there a limit? This is for .156
    I am planning on getting .156 , .100 and .093 so I can cover 95% of the crimps in both williams and Stern
    I think I will delegate the Iwiss to 0.062 but it does an awful job with these. Can’t never get a strong crimp.
    Might just get them all? Mind you 0.062 is not user much ans things that are used for are/can be allowed to fail.

I’ll have to look tonight. I know they are marked for what each hole will take just never read the bag to see what I had. I ordered both sizes of pin from Great Plains so whatever they carry are the sizes it will take

1 year later
    #57 7 months ago
    Quoted from perry1670:

Rather then start a new thread I'll bring this one back to life, my apologies in advance.
    I purchased the Sargent 3136CT (Waldom 2445-A)some years ago and have been so frustrated with it that I never used it. I recently found it again and thought it's time to swallow my pride and ask what I'm doing wrong with such a simple tool.
    I'm using Molex 2447 series, 08-50-0072 , .156 connectors and the aforementioned crimp tool but for the life of me I can not get the crimp to fully seat into the locator block.
    Its like the locator block just isn't deep enough to allow the crimp to fully go in and line up correctly.
    According to the literature, these should work.
    https://www.sargenttools.com/ToolsByTrade/156_Interconnection_System_Crimp_Tool/
    I can take the locator block off if need be but that's not the point.
    Does anybody know what I'm missing?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well......I have never had a locator block on any of mine so I'm guessing that's the problem. Remove it and set the bottom of your pin flush with the front of the crimper. Then I ratchet the crimper closed just enough the hold the pin. Strip the wire and put it in. The insulation on the wire catches on the second crimp and sets the wire for a perfect crimp every time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-good-molex-connector-crimp-tool?tu=Tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.