(Topic ID: 195331)

What's a full set of Stern 6 digit displays worth?

By Shredso

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ectobar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-08-06 14.06.54 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

One or 2 of the displays have segments that need to warm up after it's been off for awhile. I'm not sure if that is repairable. Player 3 has some pretty good burn, but still works. I'm considering replacing them all with LED. What's the set worth?

#2 6 years ago

2017-08-06 14.06.54 (resized).jpg2017-08-06 14.06.54 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

I sold a bunch of 6 digits recently and I was getting 15 each for them.

#5 6 years ago

Anything with any kinda burn is basically worth whatever it would COST YOU to send them to someone who wants them. Good displays verified to be working with no issues might fetch 30 if your lucky or maybe 10... they used to be worth more but I am certain that the LED drop in replacements available from a number of companies have caused them to be devalued and more widely available. Every person doing what your contemplating ends up with 5 displays they need to get rid of. I have been avoiding replacing and have been getting them free or paying no more than 10 bucks- 5 years ago they were 45 each if verified to be working... no longer.

#6 6 years ago

I don't think I've ever seem a used display go for less than $30. If I could get a couple at $10-15 I'd keep the originals. I do like the idea of LED's, I think this game is going to someone that knows nothing about pinball, I want it to be as bulletproof as possible. I thought the boards alone were worth $10 a piece. Oh well.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I don't think I've ever seem a used display go for less than $30.

If they have issues, they don't go for a whole lot. LED displays are cheap now, so it's not really worthwhile to pay to put defective glass displays in a game since LED displays can be bought for about $25-$30 each now.

Fully working displays with good glass and no burn marks--those can usually fetch $35-$45 each. Maybe slightly more for a 7-digit display.

#8 6 years ago

I have been looking for a few 6 digit displays for older Ballys. I have been hoping to find them for $10-$15, but no luck there. Contemplating buying the LED replacements too and keeping my good ones for spares done the road. I really only need 2 of them, but don't want to pay $30 each!

#9 6 years ago

If I find fully working ones for $15 or less I grab em. Can't stand the look of leds so I've got to save up...

But in bulk, when 3/5 are 'bad' (that problem isn't repairable and usually means the glass is on its way out)...

#10 6 years ago

MMMM I could use those on my "Galaxy"I'll bid $50. for the set! PM me if interested! By the way,I went to led on my "Galaxy"I used 2 colors on the led displays for variety!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

MMMM I could use those on my "Galaxy"I'll bid $50. for the set! PM me if interested! By the way,I went to led on my "Galaxy"I used 2 colors on the led displays for variety!

I was hoping they would be worth $100+. Looks like that isn't the case. I'm just going to keep an eye out for a couple original spares locally and keep it original. Thanks!

#12 6 years ago

$3.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-full-set-of-stern-6-digit-displays-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.