Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

008.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEVILinIRON.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Chiropractor .. After see'ing you Yesterday drag-n yr Left foot and Hunched over, You Don't need to be Lugg-n no Pinball up some stair's..

Don't worry B_R, I don't expect Robert to help me move those heavy things. That's something my brother and I will do. I've offered to help him with moving things around too, anytime, if he needs it. Got to try out a Creature at Robert's for the first time. One word: awesome!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I just hate that he's already upside down on the TFTC....I didn't mention that the DMD came cracked in half and that he had a 'pin tech' from CL come in and replace it with a new one. I'll let him tell you that story.

Well, believe me when I say I've spent a bundle on this TFTC. In retrospect, I never should have bought from out of state on Ebay. That was a big lesson. It's unfortunate that I found Pinside only after winning my bid. Things would have probably went differently.
    I initially paid $1666 for it. Shipping was a beast, the most I've heard anyone pay for shipping these things. It was about a 1/3 of what I paid for the machine. My TFTC arrived fairly well, with the cracked DMD as an exception. Bought a cliffy, some target decals, the rules insert, and a new DMD for it. Had a tech from craigslist come to get the thing up and running. He charges 50 to come over and then 50 an hour. When he came he brought his girlfriend and had whisky on his breath. That didn't give me a very good impression. However, he was able to install the new DMD and the cliffy. He was sweating profusely trying to answer my questions. Maybe I just make people nervous, I don't know. Though I must say, the way he carelessly swung his screwdriver around my circuit board made ME nervous. And unfortunately, that's all that got done after an hour and a half. I could tell he was trying to milk me on time and play stupid with certain aspects of the machine to get there. So I just ended the session. Once they left, I got about 3 hours of solid play on my machine before it started acting up with the current round of problems that Robert mentioned.

Quoted from robertmee:

I hear everyone, but I don't think I could go straight up. I would just feel like piling on his misery. This hobby is 100% about rep, and I don't want to leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth.

A straight up trade sounds good to me. Everyone else seems to think so too. I'm sure you can get the TFTC running correctly. I wouldn't be trading with you if I didn't think that. There won't be any bad feelings on my side. Finding you and Pinside has been a blessing in all this mess. I humbly thank the pinball gods on that score!

#21 12 years ago

Thanks, Cliffy! We trade machines on Monday. I can't wait to play SoF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEVILinIRON.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-fair-trade-for-both-partiespinside-members?tu=DEVILinIRON and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.