(Topic ID: 178255)

What's a fair 78-82 Trade for an 1981 Centaur

By MtnFrost

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So what is a fair trade for a 1981 Bally Centaur, if you had only pins from 78-82 (my favorite era) to pick from? All conditions being equal.

Just a random curious question.

#2 7 years ago

Fathom, nice EBD

#3 7 years ago

fathom, EBD is the obvious choice indeed. maybe black hole, haunted house .. maybe a really nice black knight

#4 7 years ago

Interesting choices.

#5 7 years ago

someone is smoking something... I love that era and no way I would trade Centaur for anything else.

I think I put Centaur at the top, followed very closely by Frontier, Skateball, Viking, then followed by Medusa, Mystic, and Fathom.

I know most would put Fathom higher in that list but I just dont have enough time on a nice example to move it up the list.

I cant logically come up with any trade where Centaur leaves.

#6 7 years ago

I also love that era. I love Bally from that era because it was the height of good pinball artwork. Gottlieb in the 70s had great backglasses, but often crappy PFs that didn't match the BG. Bally created the whole look. Black Hole, Haunted House, sure. Seawitch and Star Gazer yep. Black Knight and Pharoah, of course. But for my money, Bally was consistently the best at the time.

I'm surprised you'd put Frontier and Skateball and Viking higher. I owned a Frontier, and it was good. But Viking? Over Fathom, EBD and Embryon? Or Flash Gordon and Medusa? Not sure about that.

#7 7 years ago

Super tough question. Gameplay wise i think it's just about the best. There's a couple of single balls like FG and EBD that have great rules and excellent shooters on par. Art wise it's, fathom, pharoah, haunted house and flash gordon. Value probably just fathom which is more and some of the others in restored shape vs player shape centaur.

Centaur is just a great game. Especially when in perfect condition with a fast cc'd playfield.

#8 7 years ago

I grew tired of Centaur after 6 months and a few hundred plays... I had a very nice one. I would only sell a Fathom if I had two of them.

Actually, I even prefer EBD over Centaur but don't misunderstand... I think Centaur is a better game, I just couldn't love it like EBD.

Hard to say on trade but if you have a decent Centaur these days, you could probably trade it for just about any Bally that you would want.

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

My nice Xenon and Seawitch together would be a swap I would prob make for a nice Centaur.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-fair-78-82-trade-for-an-1981-centaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.