(Topic ID: 26797)

Centigrade 37 found! My first EM. How do I access the menus on this thing :)

By Drano

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Drano
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no_no.gif
image.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1182.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg
IMG_1180.jpg
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1187.jpg
IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1190.jpg
alien_dance.gif
mad_doctor.jpg
C37_12.JPG
C37_09.JPG
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Yeah, that backglass art is what first sucked me in! I love the old EC Comics and the art is a copy of the Weird Science, Wally Wood art.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, that backglass art is what first sucked me in! I love the old EC Comics and the art is a copy of the Weird Science, Wally Wood art.

Just looked up Weird Science. Cool stuff!!!

The backglass and theme on C37 reminds me of an early Bride if Pinbot. Very Metropolis with the robotic or re-animated girl in the tube.

#53 11 years ago

What is that strange pin with the Metropolis Robotrix in a box (or something) that flips around. I almost bought one a few years ago..

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What is that strange pin with the Metropolis Robotrix in a box (or something) that flips around. I almost bought one a few years ago..

Gottlieb/Premier Genesis by John Trudeau: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=996

#55 11 years ago

That's it! Thanks! A very bizarre machine. Not bad though...

2 weeks later
#56 11 years ago

Well, finally got my C37 all set up.
A big thanks to Dan (not sure if he's on pinside) but a great member of the local community here in the GTA and an active member of MAACA!
He graciously offered to bring me back a LOTR from Expo and ended up bringing home this game instead.

Overall, playfield has one area of wear above the center insert but super nice everywhere else.
The cabinet is in good shape for the vintage, but faded on the left side and front. I plan to leave the white alone but might re-spray the colours.

I had my first couple of games today and it was a blast. Can't wait to get deeper into it and learn more about this pin; and EMs in general!

IMG_1190.jpgIMG_1190.jpg IMG_1188.jpgIMG_1188.jpg IMG_1187.jpgIMG_1187.jpg IMG_1186.jpgIMG_1186.jpg

#57 11 years ago

A few more

IMG_1179.jpgIMG_1179.jpg IMG_1180.jpgIMG_1180.jpg IMG_1181.jpgIMG_1181.jpg IMG_1182.jpgIMG_1182.jpg IMG_1183.jpgIMG_1183.jpg IMG_1184.jpgIMG_1184.jpg

#58 11 years ago

Nice score! Looks to be in terrific condition.

#59 11 years ago

Yes, great condition and fabulous artwork!

Have fun with your new to you C37.

Ken

#60 11 years ago

Yes! Have fun! It's my all time favorite EM game! Honch!...you played it at my house. (what did you think?)

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I swear the EMs will outlast all Solid State pins!

Especially after the EMP goes off.

#62 11 years ago

Hah!...I've had C37 for almost 6 years now and NEVER a problem!

#63 11 years ago

Yeah, this thing played great right out of the gate.
I hear these suckers are bulletproof once you get them going.

Is there anything special I should do to it? EMs are a mystery to me at this point.

#64 11 years ago

Very nice, enjoy!

#65 11 years ago

Looks very cool. That minor wear looks like an easy fix, enjoy!

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Is there anything special I should do to it? EMs are a mystery to me at this point.

Yeah...it's ALL a mystery to me. I have a tech come by about once a month to keep everything up to snuff. He NEVER had to touch the C37 though....

#67 11 years ago

Drano,

Best thing you can do to maintain an EM is to play it daily and give it a wax every 100 plays.

The switches tend to be self cleaning as long as oxidation does not build due to lack of frequent contact.

Enjoy your C37...love mine, it'll never leave.

cheers,

rody

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yeah, this thing played great right out of the gate.
I hear these suckers are bulletproof once you get them going.

This thing is super clean so this may already be done, but make sure the stepper units have modern maintenance. At the minimum clean the rivet discs and lubricate very lightly with Teflon grease. If they're dry you'll get wear every time you play it. At some point you should also make sure the pivots have the original grease removed and replaced with Teflon grease.

Here's the guide:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

And here's the grease:
http://www.amazon.com/Synthetic-Grease-Syncolon-Purpose-Lubricant/dp/B000XBH9HI/ref=sr_1_1

#70 11 years ago

Centigrade 37 was on my want list for a long time. I used to play the crap out of it at a bar in college. Its been a few years (like twenty) Since I played it. I got to play it in april at the Las Vegas Pinball Museum. Glad I did, was not as cool as I remembered it. It came off my want list.

I have several EMs in my collection. That one is just not going to be one of them.

But I love the theme and art work. Gottlieb had the best back then. If I had the room and resources, I would own one just for the beauty of it. But as a keeper and a player? Not for me.

#71 11 years ago

Wwwwwwow! I am so envious (Getting up off the floor)

#72 11 years ago

Congrats on getting that EM!

Gotta be a nice changeup.

On my search to get an EM I got distracted and bought a few early SS instead ...but will get back on track soon for that first like you did!

The one you got looks soooo damn clean!

#73 11 years ago

Hmm... You're getting my EM mojo all in a stir. Must poke about on the Internet now.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Congrats on getting that EM!
Gotta be a nice changeup.
On my search to get an EM I got distracted and bought a few early SS instead ...but will get back on track soon for that first like you did!
The one you got looks soooo damn clean!

Thanks! Other than some light fade, it is very clean. It sounded like it was the seller's only family pin for maybe 20 years and the kids have just outgrown it.

I was in the same boat as you. I was considering some early SS pins but this one really grabbed me and it just happened to be for sale when i started looking. I wouldn't mind another down the road... maybe something a with some slingshots or additional flippers... like a Target Alpha or even a King Pin! I really like the look and appeal of the single player wedgeheads.

The more I appreciate pinball as a whole, the more I want to have at least one game from each era.
I'd really love a Space Shuttle or something like that.

#75 11 years ago

The Target Alpha and Solar City pins (with lots of Drop Targets) are great!

2 weeks later
#76 11 years ago

Hey guys.
I was having so much fun playing this pin that I only just recently decided to look under the hood.
To my surprise, I found something unusual. Two play counters.
Has anyone ever seen this or know why it's there?

The 2nd one is obviously added and is connected to some switch or relay via alligator clips.
The number is also much higher. Could this be an op-added ball counter?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#77 11 years ago

Not sure but if i was to guess i would say one is for games played ,the other might be the coin counter (kinda of a free credit vs. pay tattle tale? (profit margin?)

What happens when you drop a coin ? (meter movement)

and press the start button?
do they both move separately or the same time?

#78 11 years ago

Hmmm. Possibly?
I'm travelling right now but I will test on Thursday.
Have to find some US quarters
Hopefully the coin mechs are okay.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Hopefully the coin mechs are okay.

Or bump the switch >>>> 2c. Before Turning the Game On: Check Coin Door Switches <<<<

From here>>> http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#coindoor <<< Switch location orientation.

Good luck Enjoy.

#80 11 years ago

Cool! Hey!....do we need a Centigrade 37 Club?

no_no.gifno_no.gif

#82 11 years ago

Second counter could be to distinquish between paid games and played games to see how many games were won or matched vs. paid for. Depends on what relay/switch it is wired to.

As for the cabinet fade, you should be able to get by just stenciling and repainting the purple. The yellow usually doesn’t fade unless exposed to extreme moisture.

That’s a nice example you have found there.

As for what to do to it, if you have shopped out any of your DMD games do the same at least to the playfield on this one. You won’t be disappointed. Disassemble, clean, polish, rebuild, and reassemble. If the game is already playing properly, as others have stated, provide some judicious lube to the pivot points on the stepper units and enjoy. More items will come up. Get back to us when they do.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#83 11 years ago

Thanks everyone.
Just getting home tonight and looking forward to digging into this game some more.

The EM bug has bit me and I'm also picking up a Gottlieb Spin Out on Sunday! Roto target... yay!
Just need an El Dorado and my mini wedgehead collection is complete

#84 11 years ago

Drano, you know it's a **REQUIREMENT** that you post a video of playing your game, especially the backglass action.... right?

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Drano, you know it's a **REQUIREMENT** that you post a video of playing your game, especially the backglass action.... right?

Alright
I've never actually posted a video before... Let me see what I can do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-centigrade-37-worth/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.