(Topic ID: 332481)

What’s a better pin the Alien LV or CCr SE+?

By rai

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gjm7777
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What’s your pick?”

• CCr SE+ 18 votes
      53%
    • Alien LV 16 votes
      47%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230211_093651 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meadows22.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

I've only played one Alien machine a few times on location, so I was missing a lot of the audio integration, but the game was lacking something to me. I can't really put my finger on it, maybe it's as simple as lacking light show feedback when you make shots, or something similar? It just feels flat. The modes feel really uninspiring somehow, obviously haven't played them all though. Is it just me? I love the theme, Alien/Aliens are two of my favorite movies (especially Aliens) and I've considered getting one, but I just can't get excited about it from playing it and watching gameplay. I don't end up feeling the immersion, basically the opposite. I think I'm a pass on ever getting one and I wouldn't go out of my way to play one again...
    CCr is fun but simple, I'd personally lean more that direction, but I honestly I wouldn't buy one for home use either, as I only have a small 3 pin lineup I try to limit myself to. I think I'd be done with all it has to offer pretty quickly. In the right lineup it's a fun shooter though. I'd pick any number of standard Sterns over both of these, personally.

Alien is definitely a game you need to play in a ho e setting with the lights off. On the LV the added light incorporated makes it for me. Alien will never be a great shooters game, but with that being said it's quite unique and there's isn't really another game that's like it. I think Im a 3 pin collection having one wide body and 2 fast shooters could definitely work. I have a 5 pin collection and I'm pretty sure Alien is top 2 in my collection. I've only played the regular CC and it's fun, but again it's a 90s remake code isn't that deep and I think the glare will wear off in a smaller collection.
    My vote would be for alien, but I'm biased it's a top 5 dream theme for me.

20230211_093651 (resized).jpg20230211_093651 (resized).jpg
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Sounds like a great option. I don’t really care about the cost so the upper trims are not a drawback for a bit of cash.
    Just need to figure out, is Alien going to be hard to keep running? On arcade it’s almost always broken.
    I am a bit scared of Alien having

If you buy the alien LV there are much less issues than the earlier SV's released. They changed the whole flipper mechanism on the later build SVs and LV's so you won't have any of that "sticky flipper".
    I only have about 100 plays on my LV so far, but it has been running like a champ. I haven't had any issues. Only thing to note is the xeno only catches the ball about 60 percent of the time. If you can live with that your good to go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meadows22.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-better-pin-the-new-alien-pin-or-ccr-se-?tu=Meadows22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.