hobbit-hole.jpg
tumblr_mhkhh6DrSj1qj00tho4_r1_250.gif
Eating-Chips-Gif.gif
5GsrX.png
image-99.jpg
bag end 3.jpg
bag end2.jpg
bag end.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

OK, never read the Tolkien's so was wondering firstly - what does it reference?

The reason I'm curious is that @ expo it was obviously under construction - with a (non-drop) target bank and acting as a temp spot for the "place holder" book that developed into the LCD book which was then placed further back.

& of course it's said to be still under construction.

The latest JJP pic I found shows plastics covering a good portion of the pf, and in particular, any holes for mechanics:

bag end.jpgbag end.jpg

& a pic of the proto @ Automated looks like a lot of open real estate there and hard to discern what's going on:

bag end 3.jpgbag end 3.jpg

Going out on a limb here but w/ the original promise of Smaug capturing / reacting to the ball does anyone think there could be chance of a capture ability w/ a claw or tail or magnet or anything that may help off-set the initial reaction to "hey we got a talking head reacting to the ball"?

From one of the pics of the proto @ Automated, looks pretty full to me on the bottom-end:

bag end2.jpgbag end2.jpg

& w/ that said the game really looks like it's shaping up from originally what I saw @ expo (keep it up JJP!), just hoping for some more surprises.

-Rod

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Hmmmm.... What is Bag End.... Now thats a quest. Dont even think google knows it..
Lets check!
Edit...
Wait, only a zillion hits....

What can i say i only use Lougle and the answer to any query is always the same: Great White Buffalo....

In all seriousness I was wondering if the Bag End is not a temporary cover for something else in development and hopefully mechanical.... But lllvjr obviously tipped it as always being seriously planned. Bummer.

Rod

#33 9 years ago

The answer is always Great White Buffalo, but thanks for coming all the way from Cambridge, have you seen Bieber lately? If you do, don't lend him your 4-wheeler.

Rod

#35 9 years ago

And speaking of Bieber, always make sure he sits in the front with you as he likes to donkey-punch drivers when he's all crackled-up with Rob Ford and the gang.

No dreams of ball capture, post 142 says it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-hobbit-pics-or-vids-from-automated-to-be-had/page/3

Absolute bummer, but thanks for all to those who showed me this google thing. Makes Lougle look like a retarded chicken.

I will miss the Great White Buffalo thing, it became kinda comforting for some strange reason.

Rod

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I don't follow Bieber unlike some people ^^^^^^so I have no idea what your talking about. Maybe I should post a topic about it on pinside since there is no other way to find out

It's ok, 1985 was a good year, and remember what Danny said:

"Never put salt in your eyes.... Never put salt in your eyes.... Always put salt in your eyes."

Rod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-a-bag-end?tu=Soltic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.