Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Really Makes or breaks a Game for you?”

• Playfield Layout 13 votes
      33%
    • Code 19 votes
      49%
    • Art Work (Play Field, Cab, and Translight) 3 votes
      8%
    • Dots 0 votes
    • Special Features 0 votes
    • Theme 4 votes
      10%

(39 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavenBlackthorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

For me it's more of a total package than anything.

I think my initial excitement comes from the Theme. If I dig the theme, I get excited about the game even before it's revealed. That can change however if I feel like the artwork just doesn't do the theme justice.

From there it comes down to Gameplay, Code, Dots/Visuals on the LCD if applicable. There have been games that have a great theme and have a great artwork package that I genuinely think that I'm going to like but when it comes down to actually playing it, it just doesn't do anything for me. In that same manner, there have been themes that I was kind of indifferent towards, but the Gameplay convinced me of what a great game it was.

If I can find that happy medium between all of those, there's a good chance that I'm going to do what I can to add that game to my collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavenBlackthorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-1-most-important-part-of-a-game?tu=RavenBlackthorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.