Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2692 (resized).png
    pezpunk (resized).png
    Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 10.31.35 AM (resized).png
    centaur (resized).jpg
    20220727_170244 (resized).jpeg
    rickandlloydexpo2001 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.53.29 AM (resized).png
    MIA pinsdrs (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ccotenj (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.22 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.27 AM (resized).png
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

Just curious whatever happened to Dirtflipper on here? He was such a world of knowledge and always a nice guy. Hope he's still around. Also what about Boatcat?

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.49.27 AM (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

Looks like Dirtflipper hasn't been active since 2016

#3 3 years ago

Dirtflipper is still around, just not active on the site. He's doing well.
    Jim

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:Looks like Dirtflipper hasn't been active since 2016

Wow. It's been that long already? He was always interesting and helpful.

Lots of guys have fallen away from Pinside over the years, and yes, hopefully they're doing well.
    I wonder what happened to this cat? He resurfaced a few times, but disappeared again.
    His account is still active though.

ccotenj (resized).JPGccotenj (resized).JPG
    #5 3 years ago

How about Pecos?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 3 years ago

Some just know when it's time to leave. Others just put up with the BS until they are forced to leave.

I believe some that have left can be found in the facebook pinball groups although I am not a member there. After being around this place for seven or eight years, the last thing I would need to do is join another social media site.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How about Pecos?
    [quoted image]

I see he is inactive but it doesn't show it up front like others who are inactive.

#9 3 years ago

Some more MIA or gone from here.

MIA pinsdrs (resized).JPGMIA pinsdrs (resized).JPG
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How about Pecos?
    [quoted image]

Pecos is well. I spoke to him recently.

#11 3 years ago

Along with those already mentioned, I used to really like this guy. He had a sharp wit. Hasn't been on here for four years.

Edit- JR beat me to it

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.53.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.53.29 AM (resized).png
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Along with those already mentioned, I used to really like this guy. He had a sharp wit. Hasn't been on here for four years.
    Edit- JR beat me to it[quoted image]

Him, and Intopinball are brothers. Met them both several times. Great guys. I really don't know what they're doing now, but I believe they're both musicians as well.

#13 3 years ago

Every time I have tried to leave, they keep pulling me back in.

Yeah, like I've got anything better to do anyway.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We keep pulling you back in because we love you!

#15 3 years ago

They are all the ones who leave and don't feel they need to make an announcement about it.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ohhh I forgot about this thread!

It's got a rough title so it took me some digging around to find.

#18 3 years ago

Its almost like losing a friend when you realize someone has been gone for awhile on here. I dont do a lot of chit chat on here. Mostly stick to whatever topic is at hand. I think most of the people I communicate with on here, I can put a name with the face.....most of the time. I realize we are all different and have different opinions. So If someone wants to "Clown Puke" their game...go for it. Ill give my opinion on that if asked. Anyways, not trying to make more out of this than it is....just was shocked/sad when I see people gone. I was really sad to see that Who-Dey had passed. We chatted few times on common threads and I really didnt know the guy, but he seemed like a nice person. Anyways I hope everyone is staying healthy and doing ok overall.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

We keep pulling you back in because we love you!

I appreciate that! Thanks.

But, there certainly seem to be quite a few now that don't. And when that happens here, the cards do get stacked against you whether others notice it or not. I don't care though, when my time is up I'll just ride off into the sunset quietly and smiling and leave it in their hands.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I for one dont know you, but certainly know of your name on here. I find your posts interesting and a good laugh most of the time.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like I've got anything better to do anyway.

It's funny how little time it takes for people to notice you're on a break. Most of us could go months or years before someone would say, hey whatever happened to so and so.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

It's funny how little time it takes for people to notice you're on a break.

It's like when the loudmouth clown gets kicked out of the classroom, you notice.

I used to have my own tree in back of the third grade where I spent quite a bit of time. There was something like that in almost every grade until I just stopped going. So, it's really nothing new to me.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But, there certainly seem to be quite a few now that don't. And when that happens here, the cards do get stacked against you whether others notice it or not. I don't care though, when my time is up I'll just ride off into the sunset quietly and smiling and leave it in their hands.

Well, I for one appreciate your sense of humor and comments. So stick around a while yet, if nothing else, just to irritate the non fans. LOL

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

So stick around a while yet, if nothing else, just to irritate the non fans. LOL

If I leave then that means they win?

No wonder I keep on coming back.

#25 3 years ago

What ever happened to that guy?
    , he had an avatar, I think he was in America

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I’m still mostly a newbie around these parts and read stuff way more than I post stuff...and have always appreciated your wit and wisdom O-din!

(...as well as the W+W of a lot of the other EM regulars here...thanks...)

#27 3 years ago

Dirt Flipper was a great tech resource. Fortunately we have Mark G and TimMe around to fill the void. It would be great if he would come back though. Can never have enough top EM tech guys.

#28 3 years ago

...all the fun in the world?"
    -Frank Zappa

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Pecos is well. I spoke to him recently.

Fantastic, glad to hear that.
    Thanks!!

#30 3 years ago

What happened to xtheblackknightx? The dude could be wordy but he knew his stuff. Always liked reading his posts.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

What happened to xtheblackknightx? The dude could be wordy but he knew his stuff. Always liked reading his posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-forgotten-where-are-they-now

1 month later
    #32 3 years ago

I'm still around...........Well, at least now and then, anyway. Thanks for thinking of me!

1 month later
    #33 2 years ago

Haven't seen Stones in a bit

Couple more I had noticed but I forget already

Oops wrong thread

#34 2 years ago

O-din? Not seen here since March 7. Quietly left us this time. Yo- O-din!!!

#35 2 years ago

DirtFlipper is a real nice and good guy. I’ve been fortunate to buy and enjoy a number of his pins. Some of them I’ve passed on recently, and those are lucky Pinsiders too.
    I’ve also benefited from his knowledge while troubleshooting.
    Long live the good guys!

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

O-din? Not seen here since March 7. Quietly left us this time. Yo- O-din!!!

O-din has been permanently banned from Pinside. In his words, "I got nuked."

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

DirtFlipper is a real nice and good guy. I’ve been fortunate to buy and enjoy a number of his pins. Some of them I’ve passed on recently, and those are lucky Pinsiders too.
    I’ve also benefited from his knowledge while troubleshooting.
    Long live the good guys!

I've talked to DirtFlipper (Rod) in the last year or year and a half. He's not far from me, so if i'm looking for an EM or maybe just some help i just email him. Don't think he really has ever spent that much time on here, but i agree, he's one of the nice good guys out there..

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

O-din has been permanently banned from Pinside. In his words, "I got nuked."

Really? Did not know that. What was his grave transgression?
    Who knows, maybe he's incognito with another username, but he's probably moved on to better things. May the pinforce be with you, O-din, wherever you are!

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

I've talked to DirtFlipper (Rod) in the last year or year and a half. He's not far from me, so if i'm looking for an EM or maybe just some help i just email him. Don't think he really has ever spent that much time on here, but i agree, he's one of the nice good guys out there..

Burnsville, MN. I think I may have passed through there in my travels. I believe I was at a Mexican restaurant there about five or six years ago. Used to work for a company US based in Edina.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Really? Did not know that. What was his grave transgression?
    ?

Complaining non stop in every thread he posted in.
    Look i love O-din, but he didn't seem very happy here for a long time.
    I believe over time they slowly chisled away what boards he was allowed to post in.

2 weeks later
    #42 2 years ago

Who was the guy who (as a newbie) thought that coil sleeves were the paper wrapper around the coils? I think his name was Swanson or something like that. He hasn't been around in ages.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Who was the guy who (as a newbie) thought that coil sleeves were the paper wrapper around the coils? I think his name was Swanson or something like that. He hasn't been around in ages.

Rick Swanson.

Disappeared from the pinball scene. Popped up again pre covid.

Great guy. Many adventures posted on Rec Games Pinball. He read replacing coil sleeves could help your coil performance. So he replaced all the wrappers on the coils on his game.

He had a sincere innocence that was special.

LTG : )

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Rick Swanson.
    Disappeared from the pinball scene. Popped up again pre covid.
    Great guy. Many adventures posted on Rec Games Pinball. He read replacing coil sleeves could help your coil performance. So he replaced all the wrappers on the coils on his game.
    He had a sincere innocence that was special.

Didn’t he, or someone around that time, have printable sheets of coil wrapper images to download ie yellow with WMS logo and the gauge and winding numbers on them?

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Didn’t he, or someone around that time, have printable sheets of coil wrapper images to download ie yellow with WMS logo and the gauge and winding numbers on them?

He made his own. Probably construction paper and no numbers. This is Rick we are talking about.

A lot of people have made the artwork to download or the whole wrapper through the years.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

He hasn't been around in ages.

I believe he drifted away from pinball after an incident at Expo one year. Killed the fun in it for him. Over the following years he faded from the pinball scene.

Some butt wipe a**hole motherF'r low life dick s*cking scum took it upon himself to approach Rick at Expo and accused him of lying. Told him none of his crazy adventures he posted about ever happened.

I believe this really hurt Rick. He told me he wouldn't be remembered as a liar.

And Rick wasn't a liar. He just had the knack for crazy things happening to him. He couldn't go to Disney World without ending up in an emergency room. Or him and his wife chasing sheet rock down a freeway. How many attorneys do you know that had their favorite cow shot in their field because a neighbor thought it was a coyote ? RIP Walther.

Rick was one of the guys you hoped you'd see at Expo. He even started shipping a game there from his home in Tennessee just to be part of the fun.

Rick is one of nicest, most friendliest guys you'll ever meet. You ever see him, say hi, you'll be glad you did.

This is a picture of Rick and me at Expo in 2001, Rick has the jacket on. Something fun going on in that picture very few people know about.

rickandlloydexpo2001 (resized).jpgrickandlloydexpo2001 (resized).jpg
    #47 2 years ago

I can give you another Rick story.

He gets into a flame fest fight on Rec Games Pinball newsgroup. I was kind of shocked. Rick was just the nicest guy and no idea how he got into this posting war with another person. Really out of character for him. It came to threats and what they'd do if they ever met, etc. etc. Now on Rec Games Pinball you couldn't post pictures.

So Rick posts a link of his picture so the other guy knew who to look for at Expo.

I naturally clicked on the link to see which picture of Rick he'd posted. And what do I find ? Rick posted a picture of me !

Glad I looked, so I could keep an eye out at Expo in case I get cold cocked or something. Nothing ever did come of it. Though if there was a problem, better me than Rick.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I can give you another Rick story.
    He gets into a flame fest fight on Rec Games Pinball newsgroup. I was kind of shocked. Rick was just the nicest guy and no idea how he got into this posting war with another person. Really out of character for him. It came to threats and what they'd do if they ever met, etc. etc. Now on Rec Games Pinball you couldn't post pictures.
    So Rick posts a link of his picture so the other guy knew who to look for at Expo.
    I naturally clicked on the link to see which picture of Rick he'd posted. And what do I find ? Rick posted a picture of me !
    Glad I looked, so I could keep an eye out at Expo in case I get cold cocked or something. Nothing ever did come of it. Though if there was a problem, better me than Rick.

Great story!

1 month later
    #50 2 years ago

Just today I was wondering about @joegrenuk, which led me to this obituary.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/floridatoday/name/joseph-grenuk-obituary?pid=196628912

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.