(Topic ID: 264223)

Whatever happened to Great Lakes Pinball and that Exposé pin?

By jonesjb

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).jpeg
    Bruce (resized).jpeg
    Leroy (resized).jpeg
    magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I haven't heard much regarding this team and the pin. Is it still in progress or is it no longer happening?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I haven't heard much regarding this team and the pin.

Damn I'd forgotten about them. I'd be interested in finding out where they are game and group wise too.

#3 4 years ago

Never even heard of this pin? What was it supposed to be about?

#4 4 years ago

Never heard of them either so I Googled them. Not much going on at their website (as I'm sure you're aware.)

https://greatlakespinball.com/

1 year later
    #5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Never heard of them either so I Googled them. Not much going on at their website (as I'm sure you're aware.)
    https://greatlakespinball.com/

Still no word on this. Their website looks down, does this mean another pinball company bites the dust?

1 month later
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Still no word on this. Their website looks down, does this mean another pinball company bites the dust?

magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes (resized).jpgmagic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes (resized).jpg

#7 2 years ago

If I remember, I think some, if not everyone involved opened an arcade called Crazy Quarters or something like that.

5 months later
    #8 2 years ago

I have bought a few of their boards, nice quality. It looks they are gone.

#9 2 years ago

They made some good boards. Haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone there for a while now.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from tonyf1965:

I have bought a few of their boards, nice quality. It looks they are gone.

Great Lakes Modular (boards) and Great Lakes Pinball (Expose game) are (were?) two different companies.
    Keep hoping that Great Lakes Modular gets back into the business, but he was a one man outfit running it as a side job, and I think he just got tired of it.

1 month later
    #11 2 years ago

For reference, some images of art were released: Sasquatch Bruce, Leroy the Alien, and their logo. Including below for posterity.

Bruce (resized).jpegBruce (resized).jpegLeroy (resized).jpegLeroy (resized).jpegPinball (resized).jpegPinball (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I haven't heard much regarding this team and the pin. Is it still in progress or is it no longer happening?

Some family medical issues prevented us from really giving it the attention it deserved. It's not gone, just sleeping, waiting for life to put us at a point we can revisit it. We never took any money or deposits, it was really a fun project we hoped would turn into something. As mentioned, we do run Crazy Quarters Arcade in Bay City, MI so that satiates some pinball desires. You'll see us again, but for now it's a hiatus of unknown length.

We aren't and have never been affiliated with Great Lakes Modular.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to-great-lakes-pinball-and-that-expose-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.