(Topic ID: 224449)

Whatever happened to drunken fridays w Iceman?

By Whysnow

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rufessor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MLV-GC-IronMaiden-Sep2018-mudflaps (resized).jpg
    20180901_220139 (resized).jpg
    20180901_135337 (resized).jpg
    20180901_135231 (resized).jpg
    20180901_135253 (resized).jpg
    70CDCB43-3AE2-41BF-952F-7AF946DF8CF2.jpeg
    c25 (resized).jpg
    20180824_125152 (resized).jpg
    6DA3EB7A-894E-4B50-AC1B-5B5B13DF25A0 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Ssia.

I miss those days around here.

#2 5 years ago

Wtf!?

#3 5 years ago

Is it drunken fridays with Snowman instead?

rd

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Is it drunken fridays with Snowman instead?

rd

Nah, i rarely have time for that. Bought another house today so chillin before getting up early to start demo on the restoration.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah, i rarely have time for that. Bought another house today so chillin before getting up early to start demo on the restoration.

Well congratulations ya fuckin lightweight.
    Whatever happened to drunken Sunday-Saturday with Gryszzz? Nothin.

#6 5 years ago

Ok, I’ll jump in before he gets here.
    Batgirl is already a-head before the big weekend anyway.
    Who’s with me?

6DA3EB7A-894E-4B50-AC1B-5B5B13DF25A0 (resized).jpeg6DA3EB7A-894E-4B50-AC1B-5B5B13DF25A0 (resized).jpeg

#7 5 years ago

"EASY WITH ALL THAT HEAD BATGIRL!"
    --said no one, ever

#8 5 years ago

I’m in. I’m working on all 12 of these bottles of bourbon tonight to celebrate September (national bourbon month).

#9 5 years ago

I'll jump in next week....been on the light side for a bit, but given it's Bourbon month...time to support!!!

#10 5 years ago

I'm about to fire up my Maiden and tear into this 12pk of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest and some whiskey.

20180824_125152 (resized).jpg20180824_125152 (resized).jpg
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I'm about to fire up my Maiden and tear into this 12pk of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest and some whiskey.
    [quoted image]

Pinball, turntable, and whiskey…I like your style.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Pinball, turntable, and whiskey…I like your style.

Seeing your avatar, your taste in whiskey, and that cleaning mat I think you and I would get along just fine.

#13 5 years ago

You dudes are all behind the times.

I spent all Friday moving around and tuning up 20 pins in my garage for the new RD COMPETITION ZONE for the Sys11 World Champs and next months PukeBurgh.

After that, I had some cheap and nasty bubbles (the only wine I like..) and some Coronas and watched the mighty Vodafone Warriors smash up the dirty Canberra Raiders in the rugby league.

Check out some of the hits in this game, especially the one where Mason Lino gets flattened as soon as he catches the ball at 2:12

So it’s already 4pm Saturday afternoon here, and I’m thinking about mixing up an Old Fashioned before dinner .....

rd

#14 5 years ago

Deep respect for rugby man, wish we saw more of it here in US.

#15 5 years ago

Wish I could drink again.....sigh, only Prescription Fridays here......

#16 5 years ago

Zukboy and I will be driving up to Nevus's later this morning for an all day pinball party and two pinball tournaments. Nevus is smokin a briskit for all to enjoy.
    Will try to post a few pics later, and you guys also please post some pinball and party pics.

Maybe Iceman will post a couple pics showing what fun stuff he is up to this weekend.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Nevus is smokin a briskit for all to enjoy.

That’s a good day right there.

Pinside for the win.

rd

#18 5 years ago

Now that sounds like a good time! lol

c25 (resized).jpgc25 (resized).jpg
    #19 5 years ago

Well I’m up for drunken Saturday night with TimeBandit!
    How do we start?
    X-Men blows GB out of the water. Discuss.
    MBr just blows?

I’m on drink number two with about 6 to come. Happy to do it alone if nobody joins in.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’m in. I’m working on all 12 of these bottles of bourbon tonight to celebrate September (national bourbon month).
    [quoted image]

That appears to be a pretty BT biased line up: 6/12. Nice! Looks like a Weller in the back next to that Larceny, think it's a Special Reserve, but can't 100% tell if it isn't a (be still my heart) 12. Followed by a Willett Pot Still Reserve and Elmer T. Lee. I'm sipping on a EH Taylor rye currently. What's the Four Roses store pick? I'm trying to collect all mash and yeast variations, currently at 5 out 10.

#21 5 years ago
    70CDCB43-3AE2-41BF-952F-7AF946DF8CF2.jpeg70CDCB43-3AE2-41BF-952F-7AF946DF8CF2.jpeg
    #22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

X-Men blows GB out of the water. Discuss.

Nothing to discuss.

Anyone who thinks different has no idea.

Discussion over.

rd

#23 5 years ago

What? Saturday-Thursday isn't enough?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

That appears to be a pretty BT biased line up: 6/12. Nice! Looks like a Weller in the back next to that Larceny, think it's a Special Reserve, but can't 100% tell if it isn't a (be still my heart) 12. Followed by a Willett Pot Still Reserve and Elmer T. Lee. I'm sipping on a EH Taylor rye currently. What's the Four Roses store pick? I'm trying to collect all mash and yeast variations, currently at 5 out 10.

Excellent eye! Yes, I’m a BT guy. I’m currently all out of Blanton’s though as it’s suddenly become impossible to find. The 4 Roses is OESK and is phenomenal. I need to grab a couple more tomorrow before they’re gone. I have a bottle of EHT Rye that is unopened, how do you like it?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wish I could drink again.....sigh, only Prescription Fridays here......

There used to be an ABC liquor store at 17-92 and Park Avenue. In stumble distance back the day. Goony Golf.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

There used to be an ABC liquor store at 17-92 and Park Avenue. In stumble distance back the day. Goony Golf.

Oh yeah, Gooney Golf....Now an Ace Hardware, and the Fridays at ABC with Fake IDs, are long gone...
    Use to buy Beer and get in the Adult Clubs at 16!

My Office is there on Park Ave.

Yes indeed Guys, Getting Trashed was more fun under 40!

#27 5 years ago

Just found this thread, coincidentally, I'm drinking, , ,

September is on MoFos!

#28 5 years ago

South side of Ace was once Lee and Ricks oyster bar. North side was Sunshine Playland. That was 1975. There was also Friendship Farms which was right across from ABC.

#29 5 years ago

Yup. Shucked Oysters for a couple days there...I didnt last...hated going home smelling like oysters,
    which wasnt my taste....but boy, what a crowd....then off to Sir Pizza!

Sorry to derail the thread, but im waiting for Ic eman to show!

#30 5 years ago

From Sat Sep 3rd Red River Replay 4
    20180901_135231 (resized).jpg20180901_135231 (resized).jpg
    20180901_135253 (resized).jpg20180901_135253 (resized).jpg
    20180901_135337 (resized).jpg20180901_135337 (resized).jpg
    20180901_220139 (resized).jpg20180901_220139 (resized).jpg
    The 5th pic
    MLV-GC-IronMaiden-Sep2018-mudflaps (resized).jpgMLV-GC-IronMaiden-Sep2018-mudflaps (resized).jpg

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Excellent eye! Yes, I’m a BT guy. I’m currently all out of Blanton’s though as it’s suddenly become impossible to find. The 4 Roses is OESK and is phenomenal. I need to grab a couple more tomorrow before they’re gone. I have a bottle of EHT Rye that is unopened, how do you like it?

I think that the EHT rye is one the better ones on the market. A good deal, but I'd recommend any of the Willett Family Reserve ryes. I found the 8 year 116.8 proof to be excellent. The 3 or 4 year are also quite good and more in the price range of EHT rye. A good deal is James Pepper Straight rye at 100 proof and around $25 a fifth in this neck of the woods, I love it as a daily sipper.

5 months later
    #32 5 years ago

Everytime I see tamoore's avatar I think: Dang, that guy is always drinkin.

#33 5 years ago

I'm drinking right now.

Just sayin.

#34 5 years ago

Its Noon somewhere was the rule I recall.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to-drunken-fridays-w-iceman?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.