(Topic ID: 357023)

Whatever happened to....

By timab2000

56 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

448177076_437695269118050_3470345130190090818_n (resized).jpg
    20240605_183231 (resized).jpg
    20240605_181054 (resized).jpg
    20240605_183235 (resized).jpg
    20240605_180853 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Josta_drink (resized).jpeg
    20231222_145734 (resized).jpg
    lets-go-base-ball.gif
    Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 6.39.24 PM (resized).png
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    puffy1 (resized).jpg
    13134e73dde50d78ec8dc75925e2cda3 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 9.08.08?PM (resized).png
    kfcbucket (resized).jpg
    There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 56 days ago

Every now and then I wonder......whatever happened to something or another.

If you ever wondered what happened to something, post it and maybe someone will know.

So I'll start whatever happened to: "Supreme"? Seemed like such a big deal awhile ago, now nothing.

#2 56 days ago

What happened to John’s Arcade? Used to watch his videos

#3 56 days ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

So I'll start whatever happened to: "Supreme"? Seemed like such a big deal awhile ago, now nothing.

Still available- ebay.com link: itm

But I always wondered whatever happened to Delaware Punch.

13d964802136b0c54e8e726d52659404 (resized).jpg13d964802136b0c54e8e726d52659404 (resized).jpg

#4 56 days ago

Had a friend back east used to talk to nearly everyday. Went to pinball shows all kinds of fun. I was there for him when his friend/foreman died. I was there for him when his father died.

He called me when jjp left me go. jack had called him. We chatted. Haven't heard from him since. He never responded to my trying to contact him.

People come in and out of your life. I understand that.

I always wondered what got his panties in a bunch so bad that he cut off all contact with me ? Last time we talked all was good. No hint of anything else.

I don't miss him. Just curious what set him off.

Oh well.
    LTG : )

#5 56 days ago

I've always wondered whatever happened to predictability, the milkman, the paperboy and evening TV.

I'll see myself out.

#6 56 days ago
    IMG_6636 (resized).jpegIMG_6636 (resized).jpegIMG_6637 (resized).jpegIMG_6637 (resized).jpeg
    #7 56 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Loved me some tato skins when I was a kid

#8 56 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Those Tato Skins were good! I miss them!

#9 56 days ago

Potato skins used to be popular appetizers in restaurants and bars in the early to mid 80s with all kinds of toppings and Tato Skins were born out of that.

Then came the Buffalo wings, and those potato skins soon went out of fashion.

Now, they are trying to sell chicken skins same way they sold Tato Skins as they had a samples set up in Costco a couple weeks ago. I chewed on one and spit it out is all I know about that.

#10 56 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

The kind of stuff Odin would be posting if he were born 15 years later!

I kinda liked both of these products!!

#11 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Potato skins used to be popular appetizers in restaurants in the early to mid 80s with all kinds of toppings and Tato Skins were born out of that.
    Then came the Buffalo wings, and those potato skins soon went out of fashion.
    Now, they are trying to sell chicken skins same way they sold Tato Skins as they had a samples set up in Costco a couple weeks ago. I chewed on one and spit it out is all I know about that.

740B380A-D926-4E3E-B089-DC392596B366.gif740B380A-D926-4E3E-B089-DC392596B366.gif
    #12 56 days ago

Yeah I think we all know what the fuck a potato skin is!!!!

#13 56 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I think we all know what the fuck a potato skin is!!!!

Yeah well, I just don't see them anymore like I used to.

And don't get me started on how buffalo wings turned the cheapest piece of chicken into an overpriced indulgence.

#14 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:Yeah well, I just don't see them anymore like I used to.
    And don't get me started on how buffalo wings turned the cheapest piece of chicken into an overpriced indulgence.

Don’t get me started on boneless chicken wings

#15 56 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The kind of stuff Odin would be posting if he were born 15 years later!

But since he wasn't, whatever happened to Sambo's or HoJo's with their all you can eat clams?
    FINAL-Sequence.00_00_39_07.Still002 (resized).jpgFINAL-Sequence.00_00_39_07.Still002 (resized).jpg404c6d1b09068e033325c11ad7502e14 (resized).jpg404c6d1b09068e033325c11ad7502e14 (resized).jpg

#16 56 days ago

Good manners.

#17 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, I just don't see them anymore like I used to..

Shoulda come to our Super Bowl party we found the long missing mysterious recipe and whipped up a batch!!!

(Yeah I wanted bacon but she wasn’t having it)

IMG_3101 (resized).jpegIMG_3101 (resized).jpeg
    #18 56 days ago

That also disappeared in the 80s.

#19 56 days ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What happened to John’s Arcade? Used to watch his videos

I just looked his channel up yesterday to see if there was any new action-zippo. Burned out after all those years.

#20 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, I just don't see them anymore like I used to.

The only time I ever see them nowadays near me is at a family dollar store.

Quoted from o-din:

Now, they are trying to sell chicken skins same way they sold Tato Skins

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from o-din:

But since he wasn't, whatever happened to Sambo's or HoJo's with their all you can eat clams?

Here's what happened to the last Howard Johnson's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Johnson%27s#2020s:_Final_closure

#21 56 days ago

I used to joke that my buddy Steve and I must have put them out of business eating all their clams. Kinda like what's happening to Red Lobster now with their all you can eat shrimp.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shoulda come to our Super Bowl party we found the long missing mysterious recipe and whipped up a batch!!!
    (Yeah I wanted bacon but she wasn’t having it)

Those do look pretty good.

I just did a little research and it looks like TGIFridays still does skins in both their restaurants and the frozen bag home varieties.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 2.39.23?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-25 at 2.39.23?PM (resized).png
    #22 56 days ago

Local story that was big in the day. Actually saw the car on the road a few years later.

DC8A2CC0-F99E-4C07-A764-701FA48921AB (resized).jpegDC8A2CC0-F99E-4C07-A764-701FA48921AB (resized).jpeg
    #23 56 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The only time I ever see them nowadays near me is at a family dollar store

You must be seeing TGI Friday's "Potato Skins" (or maybe some other generic variant, maybe)? The Keebler Tato Skins were discontinued long ago.

Edit: Just looked it up. Tato Skins were around from '85 - 2000. The rights were sold and the product was reformulated and branded as TGI Friday's. I guess the reformulation explains why they taste awful compared to the originals...

#24 56 days ago

While we are talkin tators, these came out late 80s and filled a serious void in the snack potato chip department. Easy to take for granted now though with all the different ones available.

Looks like Lays is remaking them but your guess is as good as mine if they are the same.

When Doritos brought back taco flavored, they certainly were a letdown if you'd ever had the originals that disappeared about the time nacho cheese flavor came out.

Crunch-Tators-1 (resized).jpgCrunch-Tators-1 (resized).jpg

#25 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I used to joke that my buddy Steve and I must have put them out of business eating all their clams. Kinda like what's happening to Red Lobster now with their all you can eat shrimp.

I just did a little research and it looks like TGIFridays still does skins in both their restaurants and the frozen bag home varieties.[quoted image]

Saw a news report that Red Lobster is filling for bankruptcy. The one where I live is closing down. Bummer

#26 56 days ago

Sun Chips compostable bags because everyone should know when I’m snacking

398055CC-6F43-4D49-AF50-FDC4789F21A1 (resized).jpeg398055CC-6F43-4D49-AF50-FDC4789F21A1 (resized).jpeg
    #27 56 days ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Saw a news report that Red Lobster is filling for bankruptcy. The one where I live is closing down. Bummer

Yep, I read their endless shrimp is what helped do them in.

Disclaimer- I never had that and am only responsible for all the clams I consumed at HoJos.

#28 56 days ago

Kind of always wondered what happened to Schlitz beer.

Don't see it much anymore. My dad used to drink. He would have me open the can for him while we were driving around. This was back in the 70s.

Kind of crazy to think about doing that now. Of course we weren't wearing seat belts either. How did we survive back then?

Screenshot_20240525_153929_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240525_153929_Google (resized).jpg
    #29 56 days ago

...the revolution

#30 56 days ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Kind of always wondered what happened to Schlitz beer.

#31 56 days ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

You must be seeing TGI Friday's "Potato Skins" (or maybe some other generic variant, maybe)? The Keebler Tato Skins were discontinued long ago.
    Edit: Just looked it up. Tato Skins were around from '85 - 2000. The rights were sold and the product was reformulated and branded as TGI Friday's. I guess the reformulation explains why they taste awful compared to the originals...

Yup, the TGI bags are the ones I see here.

I remember getting hooked on tater skins for a while in the mid/late 90s, but I can't recall the brand on those. Photos of the keebler bags don't look familiar to me.

#32 56 days ago

Tato Skins were well, but I was more this
    odinlovesthe80s (resized).jpgodinlovesthe80s (resized).jpg

But I also liked BBQ Krunchers dipped in cream cheese

#33 56 days ago

what I really want to know

#34 56 days ago

AIDS. Where did that disappear to?

#35 56 days ago

Respect for others. Especially on the roads.
    Life is a shit show now

#36 56 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Agreed...nothing worse than the slow asses in the left lanes

#37 56 days ago

Murder Hornets

#38 56 days ago
    Quoted from SLRage:

Murder Hornets

and Africanized bees

#39 56 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Life is a shit show now

I remember when you made space for someone to switch lanes and
    they would wave a thank you gesture,I havent seen that courtesy in years.

#40 56 days ago

Defensive driving classes....gone

#41 56 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed...nothing worse than the slow asses in the left lanes

They have low life expectancies in these parts

#42 56 days ago

Marie Osmond seems to be all over TV selling all sorts of crap but whatever happened to Donnie?

#43 56 days ago

Pinside is sure full of nostalgic MFs.

#44 56 days ago

my hair

#45 56 days ago

Monkeypox
    Darfur
    Kidnapped Nigerian school girls

#46 56 days ago

..holding those responsible for Covid accountable
    Nevermind, back to tater skins!!

#47 56 days ago

Funny cars

beadle (resized).jpgbeadle (resized).jpg
    #48 56 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just did a little research and it looks like TGIFridays still does skins in both their restaurants and the frozen bag home varieties.[quoted image]

When they're on sale at my local grocery store I pick up a couple boxes of frozen Farm Rich brand potato skins. They go in the oven for less than 20 minutes and they're pretty good. Bacon and all. Worth a try on sale!

#49 56 days ago

Whatever happened to groovy pinball backboxes with cool lightshows?

#50 56 days ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Defensive driving classes....gone

So are those comedy traffic schools held in a room next to the hotel bar.

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.