Miss-Topical-Universe-Contestants-in-O.jpg
parallels_stxi.jpg
Scarlett-trek-xi-2.jpg
Scarlett-trek-xi.jpg
images.jpg
sulu1-726656.jpg
st_salescvr3.jpg
enterprise-bridge.jpg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

What I do want to see.
1. DMD aminations + some custom from the movies, just like IM, Tron, SM.
2. All voice clips from the movie with the exception if they use the Enterprise computer voice for custom speech. If I hear employees from Stern talking through an empty toilet paper tube for custom speech, I'm going to be pissed. (TFs super pops, super spinners ring a bell?)
3. Phaser multiball would be cool with freakin' laser beams shooting all over the PF.

What I don't want to see.
1. Canon/s - been done to death already.
2. Plastic ramps. If Metallica is using metal and wireforms, Star Trek better.
3. All custom speech and aminations like Avengers - Epic fail for a pin based off a movie.
4. No stupid lock down bar buttons. Keep it simple. You know if you hit both flipper buttons at the same time you can get the same effect.
5. Don't use the same damn photoshop images I can pull from the web and montage them on the cab and pf. Also don't montage the people in the movie on the translight. Something along the lines of different ships in space, etc.

#2 11 years ago

What I don't want to see:
- 2 flipper only game
- center playfield target bank

What I do want to see:
-I like plastic ramps. Not only do they flow better than metal ramps but they also allow the light to shine through better.
- three or more flippers.

The rest can be a surprise.

#3 11 years ago

What I DO want to see;

White and chrome. Every single pin as of late has the same dark-looking color scheme and black cabinet. I want something that looks more like this;

enterprise-bridge.jpgenterprise-bridge.jpg st_salescvr3.jpgst_salescvr3.jpg

In fact, I'd totally love that second image to be the side cabinet art. Simple, yet elegant.

Later,
EV

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

What I DO want to see;
White and chrome. Every single pin as of late has the same dark-looking color scheme and black cabinet. I want something that looks more like this;

That is what I am talking about! That would give the LE some serious bling.

#5 11 years ago

Would think we would see a lot of white and chrome! Getting excited every time I see the movie trailer...

#6 11 years ago

Custom callouts from the actors are one of my personal faves.

#7 11 years ago

No more than 2 or 3 flippers. Something special with the LED light show.

#8 11 years ago

How about just one big flipper?

White and chrome would be very nice.

#9 11 years ago

Have you been to my Party??

#10 11 years ago

(No, I saw 'members only' and figured you'd started your boys only club.)

I'll stop by there in a second.

#11 11 years ago

You ARE a Member...

#12 11 years ago

It needs a red shirt ball that drains every time its shot on to the playfield

#13 11 years ago

I do not want to see the name Waison Cheng anywhere on or in connection with the ST game.

#14 11 years ago

Yes! A RED Photon Torpedo Ball!

#15 11 years ago

-Wire ramps instead of plastic
-Original Artwork or at least tastefully done. Not the gaudy over photoshopped stuff like so many of the recent pins (Metallica excluded).
-Original voice clips
-Original movie score
-No cannons

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

It needs a red shirt ball that drains every time its shot on to the playfield

bwhahahahaha!

#17 11 years ago

66 Corvette / Sabotage video mode?

#18 11 years ago

LCD Screen!!!

#19 11 years ago

I just wanna see a typical kick ass Ritchie smooth flowing layout. I like metal ramps better, but I'd rather have his signature fast paced smooth flowing layout. Either way I'm excited more than another super hero game, give that a rest.

#20 11 years ago

Would it be fair to say we want to see more gizmos on the machine (ship, phasers, etc) than all characters?

#21 11 years ago

I know this is really secondary to gameplay etc, but I really want original art. Not some crappy photoshopping of PR assets. Metallica proved Stern can do it, I want them to keep at it. You want to charge these higher prices? Make it worth it.

#22 11 years ago

What I don't want to see - nothing that actually has to do with Star Trek.

What I do want to see - a theme change into a Star Wars pin that for once doesn't suck balls.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

original art

+ but not cartoony, please.

Having replaced quite a few plastic ramps at considerable cost, I also vote for steel/wire ramps.

#24 11 years ago

I want to see Shatner somewhere on the playfield.....he should have been on STTNG too

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

hat I DO want to see;

I agree with this. Make it unique and this color scheme would really make it stand out.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I want to see Shatner somewhere on the playfield.....he should have been on STTNG too

Going to disagree on this even though I grew up with Shatner as Capt Kirk. I associate him with Priceline now ... and his persona is only a caricature of what it once was.

#27 11 years ago

I want to see all-original Greg Freres artwork and awesome code from the get-go. Also, if it's a DMD, I'd like to see all-custom dots instead of ugly movie captures.

--Luke

#28 11 years ago

I'd like to see an evolved version of STTNG table but giving the cannons a miss this time. Like HS2 was to HS1, have the same layout roughly but with a few changes. 3 ramps like the original. Lots of subways like the original. Better music than STTNG which is the low point of that game. Pinball music shouldn't be anthemic like the Star Trek theme because it starts to grate hearing it begin every ball. That's the problem with the WOZ music too. I agree it should be shiny white and chrome. Good call. Not too much colour on the playfield at all would be a brave artistic decision and preferably not lots of publicity shots of the characters from the films. Lets have just some awesome space images and swirly galaxies and computery inserts and graphics.

#29 11 years ago

For me the big thing is a unique and fun mini playfield AND a third flipper shot that is unique and not the same old tired third flipper. Maybe position it lower with some interesting angles.

#30 11 years ago

Yes drawn art work all day every day over photoshop pics of actors. please please please.
Metallica totally nailed! (except Fugly Premium).

#31 11 years ago

Well, since we are speaking theoretically:

I want to have a ship that explodes on the playfield. Give me some action man!

I want laser bursts, and rumbling. I want to feel the explosions with force feedback flippers... and I want a layout NOTHING like STTNG. Keep that layout for the STTNG and keep that game special.

I want a 10" LCD monitor in the back of the playfield showing cool full motion video clips and effects onscreen integrated in gameplay.

Ya, thats about it

#32 11 years ago

"EchoVictor said:

What I DO want to see;
White and chrome. Every single pin as of late has the same dark-looking color scheme and black cabinet. "

Boy that hits the nail on the head.Simple Simple Simple.

#33 11 years ago

LCD DISPLAY!
Animations from the movie on the LCD and custom animations too.
Fast and furious FLOW
Laser lights on the play field.
ship toys to fit theme
cool artwork
Sounds from the movie and voices from the actors
RGB Leds
Stereo sound and a sub woofer
Shaker motor
and the rest leave to the masters Steve and Lyman

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I'd like to see an evolved version of STTNG table but giving the cannons a miss this time. Like HS2 was to HS1, have the same layout roughly but with a few changes. 3 ramps like the original. Lots of subways like the original.

If it plays the same as STTNG, I am in trouble. I plan on putting the new ST next to my STTNG. I want something very different.

... and for some reason, I actually love the music on STTNG. I though it was classic.

#35 11 years ago

I like the STTNG theme but at the start of an episode not every ball. It's too 'in your face'. I have a similar problem with LOTR and TSPP too actually. Theme tunes do not often translate well to background music.

#36 11 years ago

I'd like to see some OLED screens incorporated on the playfeld or under insert windows. How cool would that be to see ships or characters appear on the playfield...forget about DMD or LCD in the backbox - let's see some animation where your eyes are more likely to see it! How cool would that be if some insertswere animating ships instead of just lights? They can change to different enemy ships depending on what mode you're in. They could explode when you hit the shots. Kinda like P2K, but in insert form. Or, if not inserts - little screens mounted above shots. Characters could also pop up on those screens to give instructions.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I like the STTNG theme but at the start of an episode not every ball. It's too 'in your face'. I have a similar problem with LOTR and TSPP too actually. Theme tunes do not often translate well to background music.

....and those are some of my favorite game soundtracks lol. I could listen to the LOTR & STTNG music all day long. TSPP maybe can get a little annoying but it totally fits - can't imagine it without it.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd like to see some OLED screens incorporated on the playfeld or under insert windows. How cool would that be to see ships or characters appear on the playfield...forget about DMD or LCD in the backbox - let's see some animation where your eyes are more likely to see it! How cool would that be if some insertswere animating ships instead of just lights? They can change to different enemy ships depending on what mode you're in. They could explode when you hit the shots. Kinda like P2K, but in insert form. Or, if not inserts - little screens mounted above shots. Characters could also pop up on those screens to give instructions.

I really like this idea!!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree with screen in the playfield.
I agree with the white and chrome.
I agree a fast flow game (hello, we are talking about a ship that can travel at like light speed)

#40 11 years ago

I absolutely do not want to see ST:TNG part 2. I am a little worried about this as Steve has a history of doing it (HS/HS2, T2/T3, even BK/BK2K (at least not much playfield rehash there)). I love ST:TNG but I already have one. Let this one be its own machine.

I really do not want to see cannons, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. It's just been done enough.

I do want to see the fast, intense, flowy, in your face style that I know Steve will deliver.

I'd love to see an LCD or new display technology of some sort, but not a deal breaker if not.

#41 11 years ago

What I DON'T want to see:
-Another fan layout
-Only two flippers
-Photoshopped artwork
-Cannons

What I DO want to see:
-Creativity in the layout
-Interactive toys
-Interesting ramps

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I absolutely do not want to see ST:TNG part 2. I am a little worried about this as Steve has a history of doing it (HS/HS2, T2/T3, even BK/BK2K (at least not much playfield rehash there)). I love ST:TNG but I already have one. Let this one be its own machine.
I really do not want to see cannons, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. It's just been done enough.
I do want to see the fast, intense, flowy, in your face style that I know Steve will deliver.
I'd love to see an LCD or new display technology of some sort, but not a deal breaker if not.

This is pretty much how I feel too.

Quoted from statsdoc:

If it plays the same as STTNG, I am in trouble. I plan on putting the new ST next to my STTNG. I want something very different.
... and for some reason, I actually love the music on STTNG. I though it was classic.

This, too. I'm interested in ST, but only if it's different from my STTNG.

--Luke

#43 11 years ago

Agree that he's done enough canons... although it does fit the theme well. It would be risk being too much like STTNG and the comparisons would start immediately. If he does a canon a a photon torpedo/phasers type of thing then he would somehow have to give it some new uniqueness that hasn't already been done several times now. I agree that the new one should be bright with chrome and use of white. The new look of Star Trek reminds you as if Apple got ahold of the Enterprise... which is fine. I like it and it would be unique and stand out.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What I DON'T want to see:
-Another fan layout
-Only two flippers
-Photoshopped artwork
-Cannons
What I DO want to see:
-Creativity in the layout
-Interactive toys
-Interesting ramps

Have to disagree on the photo shopped artwork. The playfield artwork on STTNG is my least favorite part. I'd rather have photo shopped along the lines of Avengers. Hand drawn art is not going to look "high tech". Avengers looks high tech because of the photo shop high tech looking graphics. Star Trek needs to be similar in nature so it looks high tech.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I agree with screen in the playfield.
I agree with the white and chrome.
I agree a fast flow game (hello, we are talking about a ship that can travel at like light speed)

+1

#46 11 years ago

This has the potential to be the best Pinball ever if all the Stars line up just right!!

stars alignment list

Steve
Lyman
Theme
New advanced operating system
LCD display
all the bill of materials they need
Enough time for Steve and Lyman to do their thing RIGHT!!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

we are talking about a ship that can travel at like light speed

Warp Speed baby!

#49 11 years ago

Want badly:
- Original actors (main cast; not side characters); especially the captain. If you can't get anyone else, get f*@#$# Captain Kirk. A "cheap" voice that could be used and still sound good and fit the theme would be the computer (but get the person that did the computer in the movie). Do not use the emotionless computer (or Spock) to call out Multiball. Also, get Scotty. Must have Scotty. And, the doctor -- guy that is playing the part of McCoy is very good. Because Spock lacks emotion, I could live without Spock if I had to give one up. The characters are too integral to Star Trek to use stand-in sound alike (but not) voices.

- Original music -- it is like Star Wars... You just have got to have the theme music integrated to some extent. Not endlessly and repetitively, but work it in. This was a major miss on POTC. It really needed some of the music from the movie.

- High tech -- must look high tech. Some new high tech feature that has never been used before. Come on Steve -- you've got it in you!

DON'T DO IT!

- Star Trek figures are not nearly as cool as super hero figures. No action figures. Space ships, planets, lasers, etc., but NO NO NO to a bunch of Toys R Us action figures.

#50 11 years ago

Okay all you cannon naysayers!

Just for that I want THREE cannons, including one right at the top that sweeps from flipper to flipper (a nice tight fast sweep) and if you misfire it goes SDTM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-you-do-or-dont-want-to-see-in-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.