(Topic ID: 150558)

What Decade Gottlieb Playfield Would You Like Reproduced? - Closed!

By EM-PINMAN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What year Gottlieb do you want an EM reproduction playfield?”

• 1950's 5 votes
      8%
    • 1960's 19 votes
      30%
    • 1970's 32 votes
      51%
    • I am an SS guy and don't belong here so I am leaving now....bye bye. 7 votes
      11%

(63 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_(resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

So Wade Krauss makes great playfields for sure but after the Atlantis playfields are made there is nothing really lined up for sure. Lots of other suggestions for playfields have been posted in separate threads but seem to be getting minimum to moderate traction at best. It would be a good thing to let Wade know how much we love what he does by supporting his efforts as much as we can and that is why I created this thread. So here is an idea I have.

Everyone has their own ideas of what playfield is worthy of being reproduced so here your chance to speak your mind.

In the POLL SECTION ONLY of this thread post your vote for the what year EM playfield that you would like to see reproduced. Does not matter right now about Single, Multiplayer, etc. I stuck with the 3 main flipper decades as these years are the real possibilities at least to me of getting one reproduced.

No votes will be counted in the comment section, but feel free to leave a comment if so inclined.

The first 30 votes of any one year (Decade) will "Close" this thread or end of day Thursday Feb 4th, whatever comes first and I will start up a new thread with what specific year in the decade chosen.

OK, I cast my vote, next.

TIA,

Ken

Note: The 2nd poll can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-year-gottlieb-em-playfield-do-you-want-reproduced-open

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

acks Open for me.

I would think that would be a popular one and I would not mind getting one, but I guess we will find out soon enough Chris.

I also think Flip A Card would be popular too.

Ken

#4 8 years ago

Being a 2 inch flipper guy. I just voted and it looks like I'm not the only one that likes 1960s games with there being 57% votes for them.

Bruce

#5 8 years ago

C37 Flip-A-Card, NorthStar, Central Park

#6 8 years ago

4 Square
    Flip-a-Card

#7 8 years ago

Gottlieb 1976 Royal Flush

#8 8 years ago

60's: Melody, Slick Chick, Cross Town
    70's: Abra Ca Dabra

#9 8 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra

#10 8 years ago

Flip A Card would be a great candidate.

#11 8 years ago

Count-Down

#12 8 years ago

90s

How bout Barb Wire?

#14 8 years ago

I'd love a 2001, but I don't think there would be that many folks that would be in on that.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

90s
    How bout Barb Wire?

Nice try guys but it looks like you will have to ask CPR for those titles.

They are certainly doing some nice work with early SS titles.

Ken

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I'd love a 2001, but I don't think there would be that many folks that would be in on that.

Funny you should mention that Chris as Wade has that on a list he would like to do so basically these titles already have his blessing along with the other titles that already have "Want" threads:

Crosstown
    Jack in the Box/Jumping Jack

Ken

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Nice try guys but it looks like you will have to ask CPR for those titles.

OK, but you left out the 40s .... man.

#18 8 years ago

The cool thing is maybe we can actually get two different Playfields done from one specific year if there are enough votes once all polls are said and done.

Ken

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK, but you left out the 40s .... man.

I hear ya Man!

#20 8 years ago

After the popular vote selects the Decade, it is going to be interesting to see how the various titles fare and which one(s) rise to the top.

#21 8 years ago

Then get me one for Frontiersman, would ya?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Then get me one for Frontiersman, would ya?

OK o-din, just for you next time if this is a successful way of getting playfields picked I will include the 1940's decade.

Ken

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Funny you should mention that Chris as Wade has that on a list he would like to do so basically these titles already have his blessing along with the other titles that already have "Want" threads:
    Crosstown
    Jack in the Box/Jumping Jack
    Ken

My personal vote would be for Jack in the Box/Jumping Jack. In fact, I already provided a semi NOS playfield to Wade last year. But I fear there may not be enough interest out there for it to get done.

I could never understand why the Silk Screened reproduction backglass of Jumping Jack was done but never Jack in the Box. I know that many collectors prefer the 2 player games (I don't). But there were almost twice as many Jack in the Boxes made (8300 vs. 4975) so you would think the popularity would be there. I know that Jumping Jack glasses have been run and then re-run a couple of times over the years.

#24 8 years ago

Let's see
    Quick Draw/Fast Draw. 1975
    El Dorado/ Gold Strike. 1975
    Wizard! 1975
    Atlantis 1975

So the next one should be. Abracadabra from 1975! My favorite year for pinball.

#25 8 years ago

You guys and your 70s games crack me up!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

My personal vote would be for Jack in the Box/Jumping Jack. In fact, I already provided a semi NOS playfield to Wade last year. But I fear there may not be enough interest out there for it to get done.
    I could never understand why the Silk Screened reproduction backglass of Jumping Jack was done but never Jack in the Box.

Well sometimes one thing can lead to another. If the Jack in the Box/ Jumping Jack Playfields did get made then it would be an incentive for Shay or Ron Webb to make a Jack in the Box Backglass as folks would now want them for full on restoration projects like myself.

Personally whatever the mases choose in the poll will be my next pin to buy for a full on restoration and keeper as long as it is a replay version of whatever, so pick me out a great title guys and gals.

Ken

#27 8 years ago

I voted 70's because I'm a selfish twit and I need an original looking Crescendo playfield. Not that it will EVER happen.

#28 8 years ago

I forgot about JJ/JITB. I'd be in for one of those too. My JJ PF is a mess and I love that game.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#29 8 years ago

Here's the guy making all the quality Bally and Williams reproduction EM parts. But it says out of stock.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-2803&Product_Code=PPS-CA-1128-128

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I voted 70's because I'm a selfish twit and I need an original looking Crescendo playfield. Not that it will EVER happen.

Thanks for bring your game to TPF last year for all to play. Man that is a hard game, but certainly challenging and great one for the home.

Ken

#31 8 years ago

Card Trix/Flip a Card along with an alternate backglass

#32 8 years ago

Drop-A-Card is one that the original playfields are always in bad shape.

#33 8 years ago

... and Sinbad!

#34 8 years ago

*cough* SYSTEM 1 *cough*

#35 8 years ago

Most of my favourite Gotts are System 1s. Since there are enough System 1s that came out as EM models, I don't see why the solid states with the same playfields shouldn't be worth the same attention.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Wade has said he will do a 2001, it just isn't scheduled yet. While I do have 20 people who want one, please let me know if you'd like to be on the list. Thanks.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Most of my favourite Gotts are System 1s. Since there are enough System 1s that came out as EM models, I don't see why the solid states with the same playfields shouldn't be worth the same attention.

Cleopatra is the only Sys 1 with the exact same artwork as the EM version.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks for bring your game to TPF last year for all to play. Man that is a hard game, but certainly challenging and great one for the home.
    Ken

Deceptively simple but yeah....they did absolutely everything they could to screw the player over, didn't they!

#41 8 years ago

i would want
    north star
    c37
    flip a card

AND Asteroid Annie

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i would want
    north star
    c37
    flip a card
    AND Asteroid Annie

Is AAatA any fun to play? I neglected to play it at the recent Arcade Expo and it didn't make an impression on me the year before. The playfield almost looks like it might play the rules set similar to Bally's Lady Luck.

If someone were to make Plastic sets and Backglasses, it would make an interesting DIY kit to transform another System 1 game into one.

#43 8 years ago

Pretty much all my 70s games, but picking just one it would have to be Jacks Open

#44 8 years ago

Don't need one but Capt. Card would be popular since I've seen two that had a nice playfield , all the others are beat to crap. Dummy me I sold mine because the glass and cabinet sucked. I should have held it and waited.( No planking and no tear by the kickout hole .)

#45 8 years ago

C37 would sell well for sure.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Wade has said he will do a 2001, it just isn't scheduled yet. While I do have 20 people who want one, please let me know if you'd like to be on the list. Thanks.

Awesome!

One we can take off the list as a done deal!

Ken

#47 8 years ago

WOW

Only 5 more votes for the 70's to close this thread!

Ken

#48 8 years ago

A rerun of Wizard! or maybe Crosstown are two possibilities.

#49 8 years ago

Even though Wizard! is Bally

#50 8 years ago

Gemini

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.