Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,023 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by zermeno68
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-23 at 8.53.15 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9187 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9191 (resized).jpeg
    20240408_161419 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8961 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mojo (resized).jpg
    IMG_0102 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0103 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_9610 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9608 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9606 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240331_165319713 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240331_165318272.MP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Are you over charcoal? I do my wings in a similar way with my pellet smoker, but even finishing at 425, I can't get that kind of skin. I don't mind the skin, but my wife likes it crispy, which I have yet to master.
    Great looking plate of wings by the way. I do have to say that wings are crazy expensive right now.

I too would be interested in cook times and temps to achieve that kind of crispiness on the wings. They look great.

3 months later
    #285 2 years ago

So I did some Bacon wrapped Oreo Cookies last night for some friends that came buy for a few beers.
    They looked nice coming off the smoker, but I have to say they were one of the most foul things I’ve ever eaten.
    It was like eating bacon flavored toothpaste. We all hated them, but they looked pretty.
    [quoted image]

Turns out bacon and smoke doesn’t make everything better! A+ for experimenting.

#287 2 years ago

Yeah, it’s kind of counterintuitive.
    Did these last night. Sausage for the base, wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese. Pretty good, but I’m definitely good on pork for a few days. [quoted image]

Yeah those look great!

1 month later
    #337 2 years ago

Plus you get to giggle every time you say spatchcock to your significant other. What’s for dinner honey? Spatchcocked chicken and spotted dick of course!

6 months later
    #622 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Finished product
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Al pastor is my favorite. Would you be willing to share your recipe and process?

2 months later
    #829 1 year ago

St. Louis style ribs. They got crushed before I remembered an after pic.

F44F89B1-ED4E-4660-BC1A-9C127BD18A32 (resized).jpegF44F89B1-ED4E-4660-BC1A-9C127BD18A32 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #862 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_spidey:

160 seems very low. I would at least go to 185.
    Did this one yesterday to 203 and came out so good I forgot to take pictures of the finished meat.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a good looking butt right there.

#863 1 year ago

Did some brisket. Tried to eat it right off the cutting board. Had to be careful not to get my sweet LoserKid_Pinball hat all greasy.

0ACFE56A-91B7-4926-9227-902661DB28A7 (resized).jpeg0ACFE56A-91B7-4926-9227-902661DB28A7 (resized).jpegB112C87A-EC47-4ACC-BC66-6129F5B9A86E (resized).jpegB112C87A-EC47-4ACC-BC66-6129F5B9A86E (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #1236 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Check out the BBQ forums and you’ll see most are using cotton gloves inside of an XL nitrile food-safe glove. I’ve done this and will never turn back. For less than $30, I’ve got enough gloves to last me a few years. I generally only need to glove up one hand to handle the food. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes! I have been doing this for a couple years now. This is the way.

1 month later
    #1281 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

So.. finally thinking it is time to smoke a Brisket. I've honed my skills enough of understanding Low/Slow, temperature monitoring, yada yada yada...
    I hate wasting food and given the cost of Brisket I avoided that piece of meat.
    Question I have is many online suggestion of using a Brisket of 10+ lbs. That is Costco style and often times I do not see that large of a Brisket in my local store. Usually, those pop up during holidays.
    Average size is around 5-7 lbs. Is that sufficient size to try smoking Brisket for my first time. FYI, Local store charges $10.99 lbs for USDA Choice.

That stinks. My Costco keeps big 12lb+ packers year round. They are always under $5/lb and that is for USDA Prime.

#1285 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

How cold is too cold to smoke? I live in jersey and Ive been smoking all winter. It hasnt been super cold though. It definetly uses more pellets on the traeger when its cold, but it works.

Depends on the smoker. I have a double wall insulated chest smoker. It will easily maintain temps when it is below freezing and is not affected by wind. I am not sure how a pellet smoker would fair in those conditions.

https://shop.backwoods-smoker.com/products/g2-chubby

#1293 1 year ago

The Walmart one is a full packer and reasonably priced. 10.99/lb is steep for choice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-ya-smoking?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.