Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jsyjay
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Map of New Jersey and OLD JERSEY UK and USA (resized).jpg
    IMG-20210615-WA0010 (resized).jpg
    192DAF2C-4036-4363-B7C5-32C6A0E31053 (resized).jpeg
    8F2CF34A-A240-4F3E-82E1-A61BB68CEAF5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210506_161529__01 (resized).jpg
    5CB556DD-899F-457F-8F85-C993CAC96EEF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210507_190831 (resized).jpg
    67E35B32-F65A-4A66-97B7-FCDBBD13BF98 (resized).jpeg
    B6AB0385-D8B1-4EF8-9F3A-B53B54FC2247 (resized).jpeg
    DE9DD862-2244-4687-B49A-A71B3D6E5285 (resized).jpeg
    D4E5D3DE-8341-445B-943A-FE4D7E568030 (resized).jpeg
    6B6557EE-40B1-465B-9B58-D4D5463791B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210610_182318 (resized).jpg
    475F99EE-6DFB-4810-A82A-11323F699C11 (resized).jpeg
    1CF656E9-1C6C-49A8-ADE1-1CAC2B030BC9 (resized).jpeg
    4FBDAC07-0DCD-4530-A554-9FD55E456C81 (resized).jpeg

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 13 days ago

Me too. To bad the wife didn’t care for it

#152 11 days ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I did white sauce for the 1st time last week and love it.

Thats what she said?

#153 11 days ago

All joking aside, whats this white sauce?

#154 11 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

All joking aside, whats this white sauce?

Nevermind, sorry guys, I went back a few posts and found out its called "alabama white sauce". Im gonna try it this thursday or friday. I found this recipie:

https://heygrillhey.com/alabama-white-sauce/

Is that an ok recipie?

#155 11 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Nevermind, sorry guys, I went back a few posts and found out its called "alabama white sauce". Im gonna try it this thursday or friday. I found this recipie:
    Is that an ok recipie?

This looks good to me. I would add more horseradish because I love that stuff.

#156 11 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Is that an ok recipie?

that is the one I used and I added a tad more horseradish. I got regular and should have got extra hot. I also added a little more pepper. was pretty freakin good. let us know what you think

#157 9 days ago
    Quoted from Bax1:that is the one I used and I added a tad more horseradish. I got regular and should have got extra hot. I also added a little more pepper. was pretty freakin good. let us know what you think

Got the ingredients today, making it in a few hours. Got extra hot horseradish.

#158 9 days ago

Right on. Looking forward to your thoughts

#159 9 days ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Maintenance day today for my vision. New gasket. Scraped and sanded the old one off, wiped off dust and residue with naptha. Waiting for it to dry out completely then install the new gasket.
    [quoted image]

So still working on this.

Backstory: years ago as a gift I was given a smaller visiongrills kamado. It worked great, but the small size was a detriment. A pizza stone would choke the fire, a full rack had to be cut, etc...

So about a year ago on the FB marketplace the standard size showed up semi locally and cheap. Super cheap. Contacted seller and went and grabbed it.

I noticed that the seal needed replacement (no big deal) and the centering spring loaded tip was gone. Again no big deal.

Replaced the seal, but the centering tip on...and noticed I couldnt get the temp below 350 no matter what I did. So closed off the vents and found that it leaked very slightly on the lower vent....and massively at the back near the hinge.

The lid doesnt sit flat. So i have spent the last day re aligning the mounting rings, shimming and unshimming the hinge, etc...to get it fixed.

Hoping to test it this weekend.

#160 9 days ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Right on. Looking forward to your thoughts

I fucked it up. I didnt use exact measures, thought I had the skill set necessary to hand measure but I didn't. Took way too much applecider vinegar. Still pretty good though.
    IMG_20210610_182318 (resized).jpg

Im gonna try and balance it today with alittle more mayonnaise and sugar..

#161 8 days ago

doesn't look to bad. so to much vinegar? I put to much lemon in mine. but I still liked it.

#162 8 days ago

For all you smokers, here’s a dang good wing recipe I’ve been doing for a long time. Try it if you’re bored.
    I let Frank’s sweet hot sauce marinate for a few hours(up to you) then dry off and coat with a good bbq rub(up to you) smoke at 225 for an hour then crank up to 325/350 til done.

6B6557EE-40B1-465B-9B58-D4D5463791B0 (resized).jpegD4E5D3DE-8341-445B-943A-FE4D7E568030 (resized).jpegDE9DD862-2244-4687-B49A-A71B3D6E5285 (resized).jpeg
    #163 8 days ago

Those look good

#164 8 days ago

First time trying this. Would do less smoke next time but was still killer!

67E35B32-F65A-4A66-97B7-FCDBBD13BF98 (resized).jpegB6AB0385-D8B1-4EF8-9F3A-B53B54FC2247 (resized).jpeg
    #165 8 days ago

That looks delicious!

#166 8 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Got the ingredients today, making it in a few hours. Got extra hot horseradish.

Its better if you can grate your own fresh for sauces like this. Dont know if you can get it though.

#167 8 days ago

Smoked lamb ribs

IMG_20210507_190831 (resized).jpg
    #168 8 days ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Its better if you can grate your own fresh for sauces like this. Dont know if you can get it though.

Yeah, Im gonna have to look around unfortunately. Norway is not exactly known for great assortment when it comes to food.

#169 8 days ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

First time doing a spatchcock chicken with Alabama white sauce. Never had the white sauce. That boy’s good!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice spatchcock and I had a coworker bring me some Alabama white. The sauce was good. I still don't know the advantage of spatchcock over pre-buthering while raw. I spatchcocked once and just wish I would have broken apart before putting on the smoker. I'm also done with beer can chicken, which was a big thing 10 yrs ago.

#170 7 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Nice spatchcock and I had a coworker bring me some Alabama white. The sauce was good. I still don't know the advantage of spatchcock over pre-buthering while raw. I spatchcocked once and just wish I would have broken apart before putting on the smoker. I'm also done with beer can chicken, which was a big thing 10 yrs ago.

they say it gives you a more even cook. I can see that since it’s flattened out. It was super juicy. Wife didn’t think it was cooked for how soft it was

#171 7 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Smoked lamb ribs
    [quoted image]

I dont think I have ever had lamb ribs. I will ask my butcher for some and try them out. How long do you cook lamb ribs?

#172 7 days ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

For all you smokers, here’s a dang good wing recipe I’ve been doing for a long time. Try it if you’re bored.
    I let Frank’s sweet hot sauce marinate for a few hours(up to you) then dry off and coat with a good bbq rub(up to you) smoke at 225 for an hour then crank up to 325/350 til done.

Are you over charcoal? I do my wings in a similar way with my pellet smoker, but even finishing at 425, I can't get that kind of skin. I don't mind the skin, but my wife likes it crispy, which I have yet to master.

Great looking plate of wings by the way. I do have to say that wings are crazy expensive right now.

#173 7 days ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Are you over charcoal? I do my wings in a similar way with my pellet smoker, but even finishing at 425, I can't get that kind of skin. I don't mind the skin, but my wife likes it crispy, which I have yet to master.
    Great looking plate of wings by the way. I do have to say that wings are crazy expensive right now.

I too would be interested in cook times and temps to achieve that kind of crispiness on the wings. They look great.

#174 7 days ago

Try 375F for 40 minutes flipping half way through. Works great on a pellet grill.
    The key is flipping once as the top will become dry and the bottoms are greasy at 20 minutes.

#175 7 days ago

hawaiian brats on the griddle .

5CB556DD-899F-457F-8F85-C993CAC96EEF (resized).jpeg
    #176 7 days ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I dont think I have ever had lamb ribs. I will ask my butcher for some and try them out. How long do you cook lamb ribs?

@ 220*f it goes pretty fast

Smoke until the internal temp hits 120*f

Then grill at high heat (450*F ?) until the internal temp is 135*f to give it a little bit of crust

I don't have any kind of recipe measured out, but make a rub with a ton paprika, ton of freshly ground black pepper (use coffee grinder), salt, celery seed, and a bit of turmeric. Peel skin from lung side of ribs, rub on spices, sit overnight in fridge, smoke directly from fridge, bone side down.

A lot of juices drip out, so you can put other meats under the lamb and they will be basted automatically.

I put cider vinegar and pomegranate juice in drip pan, leaving the seeds in the crushed pom kernels. You can make a sauce out of this if you want.

IMG_20210506_161529__01 (resized).jpg
    #177 7 days ago

I also use a pellet smoker, it’s a knock off treager (z-grill). I respect the heck out of you guys who use briquettes/wood/lump charcoal...

In my experience the temp doesn’t have to be super high to get the wings crispy. I maybe go 375 max if I’m getting impatient..

It’s important to dry off the marinade before applying your rub, and after applying the rub let the wings sit for 15/20min they’ll start to sweat. That’s the salt bringing out some moisture which I think helps get them crispy.

While they’re on the smoker I do flip them a couple times and move them around the hot spots.

They really are crazy! I feel like I’m paying almost double compared to last year.

#178 6 days ago

3-2-1 Ribs on the T-850.
    Cherry wood, + yellow mustard and Meat Church honey hog hot seasoning.+ Famous Dave’s Sassy Chipotle at the last 30 min.
    Yum!

192DAF2C-4036-4363-B7C5-32C6A0E31053 (resized).jpeg8F2CF34A-A240-4F3E-82E1-A61BB68CEAF5 (resized).jpeg
    #179 5 days ago
    Quoted from RVH:

3-2-1 Ribs on the T-850.
    Cherry wood, + yellow mustard and Meat Church honey hog hot seasoning.+ Famous Dave’s Sassy Chipotle at the last 30 min.
    Yum!

I did two racks last week, one with the Honey Hog Hot + Blues Hog Original and the other with the Honey Hog Bacon and Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce. Both came out great.

If you haven't tried the Honey Hog Bacon, I highly recommend it.

#180 4 days ago

First cook with my new rotisserie add on for the Webber kettle.

Chicken thigh shawarma with some potatoes underneath, tasted great in flatbreads with a homemade tzatziki.

Got to try prime rid this weekend for Fathers Day.

IMG-20210615-WA0010 (resized).jpg
    #181 4 days ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Who the hell is going to pay $120 a year for "free" shipping???

Glad you are done with it.

#182 4 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Who the hell is going to pay $120 a year for "free" shipping???
    Glad you are done with it.

Lol, that gave me a chuckle!

#183 4 days ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

First cook with my new rotisserie add on for the Webber kettle.
    Chicken thigh shawarma with some potatoes underneath, tasted great in flatbreads with a homemade tzatziki.
    [quoted image]

This looks really good! When should I come over?

#184 4 days ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

This looks really good! When should I come over?

If you're ever in the area of "Old" Jersey hit me up and we can BBQ and play pinball!

Map of New Jersey and OLD JERSEY UK and USA (resized).jpg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside