(Topic ID: 165260)

What would your offer on these 5 machines be?

By Underspin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20160730-130331_(resized).png
giphy_(4).gif
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Seller wants $19,000. My math comes up with $10,500-$11,500 and that's if they all work of course. Not understanding the seller's math. What would you value them to be as a package?

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#2 7 years ago

Your price is low and his is high.

#3 7 years ago

I would say $12500-13000 if they work with no board damage.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I would say $12500-13000 if they work with no board damage.

I went too low. $13K sounds about right

#5 7 years ago

$12000-$13000 if they're shopped and working (give or take a switch and bulb). A bit less if they are not.

The seller is asking too much, IMHO.

#6 7 years ago

Some Windex and paper towels would have gone a long way I think.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Exactly, when you post a picture like that you are asking for lowball offers

#8 7 years ago

They have been sitting so only god knows how they will play or whats wrong if anything with them. You can't come up with a price until you turn them on and play them.

#9 7 years ago

You can't ask for that kind of money and not even clean the glass! WTH

#10 7 years ago

12 seems about right

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

You can't ask for that kind of money and not even clean the glass! WTH

We'll apparently you can... Because he did

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We'll apparently you can... Because he did

Maybe ask, but not receive

#13 7 years ago

He's obviously not a motivated seller. He couldn't even bother to wipe the dust off them. It's amazing he even took a pic of them. They've been on there for a month. By now, he has to realize that he was dreaming when he priced them. It's a nice collection, but it's impossible to predict all the problems they have. I would start communication, and then when you find out they have been sitting with batteries in them for years, and they have had no real maintenance in many, many years, I would tell him, "I can be there in 2 hours with $10,000 cash, hundred dollar bills, and a UHaul truck, and take them away". From there, if he counters with 15, bump your offer to 11. There's not many collectors in any given area that are going to drop that kind of cash on pins that probably need a bunch of work.

#14 7 years ago

I would want them for 11k

13k is probably fair for both people but if he wants to deal with a single buyer for ease of transaction then 12k is the rights spot.

#15 7 years ago

I guesstimated 12.5k (USD), but it's hard to get a real number without better pics, especially pics that show the machines boot up ok.

#16 7 years ago

$11,000 final offer, gonna need new bands, clean and wax, and we are talking a bulk buy so should be 10-20% discount.

#17 7 years ago

bet the batteries in those are at least 10 years old. So 5x board repairs needed.

#18 7 years ago

Sorry, man, but I get $10,000 for a bulk buy.

#19 7 years ago

I'm going with the $12,000 crowd. I mean a rag and a little Windex would help matters here. And I think that the comments "Don't give me a low ball offer" and "I don't need the money" are hilarious....

#21 7 years ago

The value would be different based on how many are keepers to you.
How many are keepers to you?

I'd be keeping none, and selling all, which means I'd want a lower price than the average joe, to shop and show all 5.

Before you price out a game, decide if you are keeping it, or investing time into it, THEN calculate your buy price...
-mof

#22 7 years ago

Id pay 11-12500 depending on condition but they all will need complete teardowns and many parts im sure . Alot of work for sure

#23 7 years ago

I wouldn't even consider spending that much at once for machines I hadn't seen. Worth a trip to check them out and make an evaluation after you have had a chance to see what you are getting.

#24 7 years ago

In my neck of the woods, NJ, you would be hard pressed to get 12k if shopped and sold individually for those pins. You have to go take a look and see what the condition is but 19k is ebay prices.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

but 19k is ebay prices.

Thats probably exactly where the figure came from.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

And I think that the comments "Don't give me a low ball offer" and "I don't need the money" are hilarious....

That shit is said when someone KNOWS they are asking too much.

#27 7 years ago

I think the real question is "What's in the plastic barrel at the left edge of the picture?"

#28 7 years ago

13-14k individually. Bulk you should get a couple grand off

#29 7 years ago

I personally wouldn't pay more than $11k for the group. They're all going to need at least a few hours of work and figure $100-$200 in parts to be safe.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Quoted from tacshose:

Exactly, when you post a picture like that you are asking for lowball offers

If the machines have been sitting there long enough to gather that much dust, you can just imagine what the condition of the rubber is.

Quoted from NightTrain:

I personally wouldn't pay more than $11k for the group. They're all going to need at least a few hours of work and figure $100-$200 in parts to be safe.

Agreed.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, man, but I get $10,000 for a bulk buy.

I'm with Bryan. Much more than that is just too much. About...

Shadow - $2,000
Demo Man - $1,500
Sopranos - $3,000
Jurassic Park - $1,500
Austin Powers - $2,000

Unknown condition and you have to buy 5 games should count for something. I've personally sold 3 of the 5 games individually recently. Not all were easy sales individually. No topper for JP. Incorrect launch button for DM. They've probably been routed hard. I honestly don't think I would even jump at the chance for $10,000.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm with Bryan. Much more than that is just too much.
Shadow - $2,000
Demo Man - $1,500
Sopranos - $3,000
Jurassic Park - $1,500
Austin Powers - $2,000
Unknown condition and you have to buy 5 games should count for something. I've personally sold 3 of the 5 games individually recently. Not all were easy sales individually. I honestly don't think I would even jump at the chance for $10,000.

Sopranos is the only keeper for me in that bunch.

#33 7 years ago

I just looked again at the pics. Sopranos appears to be worn down to bare wood on the right lower playfield. There may be a reason he didn't wipe the dust off.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think the real question is "What's in the plastic barrel at the left edge of the picture?"

After googling Lumenaire 8, I'm guessing something to do with growing plants indoors. I wonder what kind of plants?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I just looked again at the pics. Sopranos appears to be worn down to bare wood on the right lower playfield. There may be a reason he didn't wipe the dust off.

I thought that too, but in that area is the graphic of the FBI credentials which is pretty bright on the playfield. I don't think it's bare wood...

#36 7 years ago

Can you go look at them? 10,000 assumes they are in really bad shape and need lots of work, that sounds reasonable sight unseen. You get there and they are nice then the 12500-13000 sounds more reasonable. The dust could be deceiving, I just did a minor drywall repair in my laundry room and 10 minutes of sanding and everything in the room had that layer of dust. The wife was not impressed

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can you go look at them? 10,000 assumes they are in really bad shape and need lots of work, that sounds reasonable sight unseen. You get there and they are nice then the 12500-13000 sounds more reasonable. The dust could be deceiving, I just did a minor drywall repair in my laundry room and 10 minutes of sanding and everything in the room had that layer of dust. The wife was not impressed

I just bought ten machines so in the end I'm leaning toward not interested anyway. That being said, to anyone interested I'm happy to visit the seller on your behalf and take a bunch of pictures / inspect for you....

#38 7 years ago

Just from the picture --The battlefield clearly isn't working correctly on TS and Sopranos PF is worn pretty bad, plus it's got a couple broken plastics in back and missing a stripper doll. And JP don't even get me started there -- Trex is all busted up and playfield is all a hot mess. 7.5k tops haha j/k. Nah, if they haven't been played much in the last 10 years they could be in decent condition.. he still needs to come down a good 7-9k in price to make this decent sale.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Just from the picture --The battlefield clearly isn't working correctly on TS and Sopranos PF is worn pretty bad, plus it's got a couple broken plastics in back and missing a stripper doll. And JP don't even get me started there -- Trex is all busted up and playfield is all a hot mess. 7.5k tops haha j/k. Nah, if they haven't been played much in the last 10 years they could be in decent condition.. he still needs to come down a good 7-9k in price to make this decent sale.

You can tell all that from the one pic? You must be an expert at zooming and enhancing.

#40 7 years ago

I've sent two emails to this ad first one about 3 weeks ago, second one about a week ago and never received a response.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I've sent two emails to this ad first one about 3 weeks ago, second one about a week ago and never received a response.

Yeah, clearly a motivated seller...

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You can tell all that from the one pic? You must be an expert at zooming and enhancing.

giphy_(4).gifgiphy_(4).gif

#43 7 years ago

13k individually and working. Um you dont buy 5 several thousand dollar machines without at least a 1k break and they may not be working. Go look at them at least if they are perfect condition just dusty might be a different story

#44 7 years ago

None of these are worth more than $1k each, and some may be worth less depending on what's inside.

Folks, pricing is flat-out *nuts* these days and if you contribute to it then don't complain when it collapses out from under you. A fully-working, "players" DMD game such as a WhiteWater was about $1,200 not very long ago. Balltracks in the ramps, a bit of playfield wear, cabinet is faded, etc - but everything works and the game plays 100%, no alkaline damage on the boards, no burnt connectors, the topper is there and functional, all solenoid-driven parts (e.g. flippers) are solid with no material slop or wear, etc. How do I know this? Because I bought and owned one for a while at that price, that's how. Sold it for about what I paid for it a few years later, with decent upkeep on my part (in other words it was roughly in the condition I bought it when I sold it.)

You think any of these, in unknown condition, are worth more than that? Nope.

Nor is a WhiteWater in the above condition worth three times that much today either. It's still, IMHO, worth about $1,200 in the above condition, and while I'm always in the market for more games I really want to know where some of the folks in this so-called "market" are filling their waterglass because it has to be heavily-laced with LSD.

Go ahead and contribute to the fantasy land if you wish, but if you do it make sure you like playing the game enough to keep it forever or lose 50% or more of your money if you ever want to sell it. I have no idea when the helium will come out of you folks' heads, but I am very, very sure it will, and when it does the screaming is going to be amusing to listen to.

#45 7 years ago

Fantasy land is more like insisting things aren't worth what people are willing to pay for them, just because you say so, despite actual evidence.

Econ 101. Supply and demand.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

None of these are worth more than $1k each, and some may be worth less depending on what's inside.

I wish you were right. The fact is if any of these were listed anywhere for $1000 the seller would have twenty buyers offering more than that the first day.

#47 7 years ago

Hey Tickerguy I will give you $1200.00 for your safe Cracker.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Hey Tickerguy I will give you $1200.00 for your safe Cracker.

I remember when gas was 32 cents a gallon, so I'll offer him 32 cents for his safecracker. Let's turn back the clocks this fall... To 1972!

#49 7 years ago

$17000 CDN. If they are all working 100%
And in decent shape

So if that is the case in the $13000+ U.S. range.

If there are issues, like wear, broken plastics or board DMD work needed etc. Far less.

If they are all shopped with new rubbers and work 100% his asking price is a little high. But in the ballpark.

Screenshot_20160730-130331_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160730-130331_(resized).png

#50 7 years ago

11k tops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 81.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-your-offer-on-these-5-machines-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.