FB_IMG_1485458345127.jpg
FB_IMG_1485458329517.jpg
6-door-fan-sm (resized).png
FunhouseBS (resized).png
I+ll+buy+that+for+a+dollar+_6dc66710d8e0d8639e8f5165836c0485 (resized).jpg
47865018[1] (resized).jpg
16115035_10212126684185476_8789058392942141792_n (resized).jpg
16298446_10212126697225802_398184423943345801_n (resized).jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you go under the archives there are a bunch that have sold for 2700-5k depending on condition. I really cld careless as i just bought mine and mines on a whole other level (total restore) . Just saying the one this thread is about is overall pretty nice for a fh....but that coindoor is hard to look past for many...but sld be a easy fix for the buyer.

Agreed. They do go for that, and I've seen some beater FH's go for a pretty penny, especially in the last two years. And your FH is definitely on another level.......I think it's the nicest one I've ever seen.

Coin door is an easy fix, and I'd probably consider $2500 - $2800 for this one, but probably wouldn't go higher than that. I would just be worried about other hacks. Judging by the coin door and one photo of stray wires, who knows what the hell somebody did to this game.

Screw (resized).jpgScrew (resized).jpg

#52 7 years ago

Heres a few more pictures they posted of the fh in question ...FB_IMG_1485458232362.jpgFB_IMG_1485458232362.jpgFB_IMG_1485458422131.jpgFB_IMG_1485458422131.jpgFB_IMG_1485458406370.jpgFB_IMG_1485458406370.jpgFB_IMG_1485458360923.jpgFB_IMG_1485458360923.jpgFB_IMG_1485458345127.jpgFB_IMG_1485458345127.jpgFB_IMG_1485458345127.jpgFB_IMG_1485458345127.jpgFB_IMG_1485458329517.jpgFB_IMG_1485458329517.jpg

FB_IMG_1485458387847.jpgFB_IMG_1485458387847.jpg

#53 7 years ago

Little bit of mylar bubbles on a few inserts but overall looks pretty nice. Cab looks nice other than the barn door .....

#54 7 years ago

That PF is pretty friggin nice.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Agreed. They do go for that, and I've seen some beater FH's go for a pretty penny, especially in the last two years. Coin door is an easy fix, I'd just be worried about other hacks. And your FH is definitely on another level.......I think it's the nicest one I've ever seen.
I would definitely consider $2500 - $2800 for this one, but probably wouldn't go higher than that.

Id guess the coin door is the only hack ...boards look great. Thax for the comment on mine...it really is amazing.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That PF is pretty friggin nice.

Thats what i thought also....cab seems nice also. ...if the right person got a hold of this pin i think it cld be very nice original fh. Shop job, Coin door, few new correct targets and rebuild rudy and i think someone wld have a nice pin

#57 7 years ago

I still wouldn't give the guy a dime for it if I can't look inside. I'm waiting to see the power supply screwed next to and hacked into the transformer to supply the 5 volts. You don't want to know how many times I've seen that.

#58 7 years ago

Is there any food left?
I need to put something in my throat to fight what is coming up.
I would buy that pin so i can set fire to that coin door.

#59 7 years ago

It might be a fine machine, but I wouldn't gamble on it.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Without seeing pictures of the batteries, I am still assuming acid damage because of the Factory Restore picture.

There are no batteries in it which y it has that error message. There are more pictures they posted..(i didnt repost them all).one was a closeup of battery holder and it had no damage from the looks of it and definitely none below on the board. If it was local to me and i was looking for a fh id pay 3k for it as long as there were no more surprises other that the barn door lol. Game looks like it cld be pretty nice with little effort.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There are no batteries in it which y it has that error message. There are more pictures they posted..(i didnt repost them all).one was a closeup of battery holder and it had no damage from the looks of it and definitely none below on the board. If it was local to me and i was looking for a fh id pay 3k for it as long as there were no more surprises other that the barn door lol. Game looks like it cld be pretty nice with little effort.

I saw that when I went back and looked at the pictures, which is why I changed my post.

#62 7 years ago

For some reason the fact that the cupboard door has a lock just slays me.

#63 7 years ago

That door is some funny shit.. sad thing is i dont think the current owners put it on there....i think it was purchased that way....

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I love how people say that game is worth $2000 cause of some cut wires and a missing coin door. Lol. Dung is right it would cost about $100 to fix the door and honestly not a lot of time. The wiring isn't that complicated either. If you can't read a schematic at this point in the game you are either made of money or getting ready to learn how to fix one. All the snakes would cut each other's throats over it at $2000. It would be gone in 15 minutes with no pictures for $2000. There would be a whole new set of Craigslist war ads posted bad mouthing the person that offered 2300 to buy it out from under someone else lol

I think you misunderstand. The coin door is an easy fix. If this were local and I was in the market I would certainly go look, but pull a long drive? Not a chance.

This game could very well clean up very nicely, or you might get there and find a player's game with all manner of hacks. What is evident is that someone worked on this that didn't know what they were doing. If the cosmetics are good then yeah 2500-3k. Remember you are going to need to shop it, fix the display/cpu issue, replace the door, and fix wiring. Could be a good chunk of change going into fixing this.

On the other hand if the cab is planked, pf is planked/worn, and you start finding hacks then 2500-3k could end up being a money pit. Problem is the pictures are crap so no telling.

#65 7 years ago

The owner can't even take pictures with the glass off and apparently is using her 2007 flip phone for the pics. I will say aside from a tiny tinge of battery damage on the left most post of the battery holder the boards do look to be in good shape, and the PF from what we see does look pretty good although I'm not ready to go all in and say its great until I see clearer pics. That said, I still see plenty of FH's going for 3k that don't need the work this one does and to me more work = less price. Looks like some people would be willing to pay 3k for it though so maybe thats what somebody will get it for. I certainly won't lose sleep over not buying it though.

16265902_10212137485375499_2397428701643164180_n (resized).jpg16265902_10212137485375499_2397428701643164180_n (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago

All I'm saying is that if that game were sitting in front of anyone here for $2000 they wouldn't bat an eye busting out the hundreds. Will it take some work? Yes. Is shopping a game difficult? No. Most people that collect pins actually enjoy that part. Wiring hacks are all pretty easy to fix. That battery pack is coming off anyway and all the boards would be gone over by basically anyone buying it. Maybe a half days work. Based on the added pictures Id say someone gets a nice game out of it. Even at $2500 you come out nicely.

#67 7 years ago

You guys have to remember what region of the country you're in, too. Out here in Crazyfornia, that's a $3k game every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If it were local to me, I'd be checking it out the same day I saw it posted and would most likely buy it for $3k. I'd bring the cash with me and slap it down on the machine, provoking her to take the deal. The playfield looks excellent, as does the cabinet, there doesn't seem to be any of that typical pop bumper wear spot, there's no kickout hole wear spot, and the boards look great. Everything else, even a noob could easily learn to replace. They could put that up on CL out here and get $3k for it in minutes.

If someone were to go see it, and everything else checks out ok(under the playfield looks decent, no major hacks anywhere, everything works for the most part), I've got $3k ready for you. You talk her down as much as you can and ship it to me and you can keep the change. I could put a new display in it, put a new coin door on it, and fix the other little niggly bits that might be wrong with it and have a solid $4k+ machine, easy, if I were to ever sell it, which I probably wouldn't. That FH looks like an excellent player's machine.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Am I the only one that thinks the coin door looks kinda neat?

No, you and Ray Charles.

#69 7 years ago

She won't take 3k she is absolutely convinced that her price of $5300 is fair, if not generous. She keeps posting ebay machines for 7k and 8k that are super nice, fully shopped, LED'd and the works, claiming hers is nicer and therefore her price is more than fair. She'll continue to own it for a long time with her great attitude. Honestly its like an episode of pawn stars over in the FB thread. I think some people just get an idea that their item is worth a certain amount, and they start dreaming of all the things that they're going to buy with that large sum of money and when it turns out its only worth half or less than what you think its just too bitter of a pill to swallow.

#70 7 years ago

Well, that just sucks. A lot of collectors willing to step up to the plate and give a realistic dollar, who would take care of this game right, and it's going to sit unappreciated. All the while a poor cabinet somewhere is also missing it's door.

#71 7 years ago

2500 to 3000 max after a close up inspection. The coidoor mod totally reversible. I can fix everything else. If the playfield and rest of the cabinet is damage free under that grime could be restored easy.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

She won't take 3k she is absolutely convinced that her price of $5300 is fair, if not generous. She keeps posting ebay machines for 7k and 8k that are super nice, fully shopped, LED'd and the works, claiming hers is nicer and therefore her price is more than fair. She'll continue to own it for a long time with her great attitude. Honestly its like an episode of pawn stars over in the FB thread. I think some people just get an idea that their item is worth a certain amount, and they start dreaming of all the things that they're going to buy with that large sum of money and when it turns out its only worth half or less than what you think its just too bitter of a pill to swallow.

Send her a link to this thread.

#73 7 years ago

I agree with possibly paying 2500 for it... but I would be very apprehensive about it. With games like this, I typically try to find a lot of reasons to not buy it as opposed to finding a lot of reasons to buy it. Usually, I find enough reasons to not buy such an item. But, if it has a mint PF or it has mint boards (not likely at all), that could sway me.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

She won't take 3k she is absolutely convinced that her price of $5300 is fair, if not generous. She keeps posting ebay machines for 7k and 8k that are super nice, fully shopped, LED'd and the works, claiming hers is nicer and therefore her price is more than fair. She'll continue to own it for a long time with her great attitude.

Just wait for the estate sale and buy it then.

#75 7 years ago

What's this Facebook post you're all talking about?

#76 7 years ago

It hit the Twin Cities CL at $4600 today.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#77 7 years ago

Funny, they are now listing it in Minnesota as well. This may just be a joke.

#78 7 years ago

Said they wld take 4k if picked up this weekend....looks like that got the attention of quite a few with multiple pm sent . I hope someone on here picks it up so we can see the progress of it. I think it cld turn out very nice in the right hands.

#79 7 years ago

Its not a joke lol. The lady selling it is certainly a joker though. The post is a train wreck but I can't turn away. Its on the Pinball Classified Ads FB group. Its a closed page so you have to be a member to see whats going on in there

#80 7 years ago

I think it could turn out nice in the right hands too. But for 4k no thanks. Honestly if somebody buys that for any more than 3k I will be both shocked and disappointed.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think it could turn out nice in the right hands too. But for 4k no thanks. Honestly if somebody buys that for any more than 3k I will be both shocked and disappointed.

You wld be surprised what alot of people pay for things especially if they go check it out and its actually really nice and only needs that coindoor mess fixed. Someone cld possibly have a unfaded with nice original playfield for around 4200 and some time in it . I know of one that just sold for around 5k with faded/ nicked up cab and nice original playfield with some mods. Seems people have alot of nostalgia for this title and are willing to pay to have s nice one. While its a shallow pin it is dam fun to play and has a very cool toy and theme. I wish the seller the best with their medical issues and bills and good luck to the buyer also.

#82 7 years ago

The problem is that probably nobody is going to get it. Even $3K is pretty far apart from $4K. Project FHs are few....so it is desirable to most Pinside folks. Some are too picky if they say they wouldn't give a dime for it. If you could get it at a reasonable price of $2K, and put a grand of parts and love into it, you'd have a pretty nice FH at an investment of $3K. Unfortunately, it seems there will be no sale here. IMO this buyer is looking for a chump at over $4K.

But, there are a few out there with more money than brains, so somebody could, in theory, close the gap to negotiate....but then they'd be upside-down in value. It just might happen. All it takes is someone with a real hard on for a Funhouse. Not likely, but possible.... if this seller is patient and can work with someone for a true sale. It's just that some of the posts would suggest the seller to be....I guess "stubborn".

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Just wait for the estate sale and buy it then.

And there are medical bills involved...

I just offered her $2500 and said I would put her on my health insurance for 3 months. Realistically, I just sent her an email and offered $3k.

#84 7 years ago

Y'all assume this guy wants his pinball machine sold. He's got his witty wife handling the sale, asking too much and with a chip on her shoulder already. He may very well have set her up for failure so he can keep playing his Funhouse machine while she sweats about her medical bills.

I mean, that's what I'd do.

#85 7 years ago

Anyone else concerned that none of the pictures show any of the lamps other than the GI lights working? The pictures with the machine on appear to show the machine running in menu mode, but nothing like the attract mode running.

I can't help but wonder if this machine is even playable in its current state.

And as for the "eBay" prices...they have a "Funhouse Fuse kit" listed for $26. Need I say more?

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Anyone else concerned that none of the pictures show any of the lamps other than the GI lights working? The pictures with the machine on appear to show the machine running in menu mode, but nothing like the attract mode running.
I can't help but wonder if this machine is even playable in its current state.
And as for the "eBay" prices...they have a "Funhouse Fuse kit" listed for $26. Need I say more?

There a video of it playing on fb

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There a video of it playing on fb

I didn't look up the post on FB. I've been avoiding it since DT took office, too many people loosing their minds over anything and everything.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

I didn't look up the post on FB. I've been avoiding it since DT took office, too many people loosing their minds over anything and everything.

Totally agree ...freaking people are crazy for sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 29.95
$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 40.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-pay-for-this-funhouse/page/2?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.