Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

So I was in the parking lot of a grocery store and an older man asked me about my pinball bumper stickers. He said he has a Miss-o Williams pinball that he has owned for the last 40 years and he would be willing to sell it. I has been kept in the house for all 40 years and hasn't been played for the last thirty years. I haven't seen it yet but I am going over to his home to look at it in a couple days. I have never owned an EM machine and have always wanted one. Obviously it is going to need a shop which I "think" should be easier than DMD games, and I can handle. Just curious if his initial offer of $200 would be a fair price. Again I am in no way very knowledgeable about EM machines.

#2 2 years ago

If its in good shape and in the need of being shopped like you say then $200 would be fair.

John

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

If its in good shape and in the need of being shopped like you say then $200 would be fair.
John

I love the price. $200 for any pinball seems great. Just was curious about any incredibly bad repairs I might be looking at on an EM that hasn't been played for thirty years. Again I do not know a whole lot about EM machines. Hoping if there is something to look out for then maybe someone can point that out.

#4 2 years ago

EMs generally don't need much in the way of parts besides a flipper rebuild. No expensive birds to worry about or anything

#5 2 years ago

You have to look at it, if the backglass is flaking off, and the playfield is damaged, and if the cabinet is missing art work then offer him less. If it is pristine condition, as a home game should be, you could even tell him $300.00. You could say, 'This is in fantastic condition'. Surely the family did not buy it new. But crazier things have happened.
If you kept it for a year or two you will not loose money, even with shopping it out. Good Luck.

#6 2 years ago

For $200- just buy it.
-Mike

#7 2 years ago

See what condition it is once you see it but $200 sounds like an ok price.

#8 2 years ago

Cleaning, new rubber, and switch adjustments are cheap. Fixing flaking backglass, playfield wear, or a locked up score motor are more expensive.

If it's nice cosmetically $200 is fair. Ask yourself what a nice working example would cost. Compare that to the cost of getting this one to that condition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 200.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 36.82
Playfield - Decals
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 400.00
Playfields
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside