(Topic ID: 5199)

What would you pay for a completely trashed Xenon?

By SunKing

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$(KGrHqF,!lME4lpili4IBOTDrtVLPg~~48_3..jpg
#1 12 years ago

...just curious. There's one available that is 'non-working', covered in dust and has very bad backglass flaking - huge chunks of paint missing. Would you pay $125?

#2 12 years ago

Only if the mechanisms aren't rusted and the cabinet is good. There are repro playfields out there and you can get a backglass.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Only if the mechanisms aren't rusted and the cabinet is good. There are repro playfields out there and you can get a backglass.

+1...great advice as usual SC!

#4 12 years ago

^^ As above.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks guys. ...not sure if I really want to take on a restoration of this magnitude, but it might be worth my time (and $$) if I can get it for around $100.

#7 12 years ago

SunKing, If you dont end up buying it let me know. Id love a new Xenon and its an easy drive from austin to houston

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thanks guys. ...not sure if I really want to take on a restoration of this magnitude, but it might be worth my time (and $$) if I can get it for around $100.

Man, for $125 I'd grab it in a second. Worst case scenario is it's unrestorable and you can either keep or sell parts to fix other pins and recoup your $125.

#9 12 years ago

Yes. the parts alone are worth MUCH more than $100!

#10 12 years ago

go for it

#11 12 years ago

Well, I didn't win. It was an ebay auction - link is here ebay.com link: itm (not sure how long the link will last).

There were two macines, the Xenon and a Bally Lost World. Both looked to be in very rough shape. I bid up to $613, and they sold for $623. Oh well, it's probably for the best anyway as I have a million other things that take priority right now, including moving to a new house.

Curious if someone here got em...if so - congrats! I'd love to see more pics, and hear about the restoration.

#12 12 years ago

I saw that auction and passed cause I figured that was the xenon you meant.

It did look like it needed some serious work

#13 12 years ago

It did look like it needed some serious work

Yeah...backglass is trash. I'm sure the boards were completely corroded as well. Oh well, maybe next time.

$(KGrHqF,!lME4lpili4IBOTDrtVLPg~~48_3..jpg$(KGrHqF,!lME4lpili4IBOTDrtVLPg~~48_3..jpg

#14 12 years ago

Whereabouts are you in Houston, SunKing? I'm in Humble

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

+2

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

Whereabouts are you in Houston, SunKing? I'm in Humble

I'm on the complete opposite side of Houston - way south in Sienna Plantation - Sugarland area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-pay-for-a-completely-trashed-xenon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.