Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nitrojcrawf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

potcinst.jpg
potc.jpg
PotCSP 005.jpg
PotCLED 003.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Question says it all. I really wish to know what people have paid. If you don't wish to share it publicly send me a pm .I will keep your info confidential. Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

Seems like ones in mint condition have two pricing models - with all the Back Alley mods and LED'd out, versus more like bone-stock and incandescent.

The spread is what, 500-ish between them?

so, say pimped at $5K, fresh out of the box at $4500-ish?

#3 5 years ago

I am thinking guys selling them for $5K, that were purchased new would be making money. I don't believe they would have been that high in 2006. I would think the would have paid between mid 3's to low 4's....JMO

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Seems like ones in mint condition have two pricing models - with all the Back Alley mods and LED'd out, versus more like bone-stock and incandescent.

I would have said you were spot on six or so months ago. Now Im not so sure, but I do know that I wouldn't pay the same price for any game now that I would have paid then. Prices are down across the board and the market is very fickle IMO.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I recently paid $5k for a beautiful totally modded out HUO POTC.

Fully loaded with all Back Alley mods, playfield LEDs, under cabinet and backbox lighting LEDs, action figures, some extra replacement parts for ship, full gold powdercoat paint, skull shooter mod, lighted flipper buttons, volume control, headphone/volume out, lighted skull/swords topper. It did not have a shaker motor (not supported by Stern; although I added a ST:TNG shaker myself).

#6 5 years ago

We'll I sold mine on here little over 6 months ago. The game was unmolested and a clean one, first run with center of the compass white. HUO with receipt. The only flaw (to some) is I played my game a lot but included the number of plays. It sold for 4300.00. There were plenty who wanted to low ball but I was able to find a match in less than 2 weeks and I believe it has since moved on from him for a Metallica.

Even LEDs and mods would be a tough sell above 5k in a good market. At least that was my experience. To be able to get more than what I paid for it new speak to the caliber of game it is for those who like it. A challenging moderately deep complete game with a pretty daunting wiz mode. I actually miss it but don't regret the sale. It funded my Roadcase Met.

Alan

#7 5 years ago

Well. iPad auto correct sux.

#8 5 years ago

I turned down 55 hundred for mine, I also passed on trading it for a WoZ.
Pretty much has all the mods, cannons in the ship, shaker, gold armor etc.
I would probably take 6K for it, that is what it would take for me to let the monkey loose.
The price on these is all over the map depending on condition.

PotCLED 003.jpg

PotCSP 005.jpg

#9 5 years ago

Tracelifter that one nice POTC, custom apron cards where does one get those?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Tracelifter that one nice POTC, custom apron cards where does one get those?

Thanks.
I don't remember where I got them, maybe Ken's site?
Anyway here they are.

potc.jpg

potcinst.jpg

#11 5 years ago

I paid 2000 for mine but it was a few years ago. Pinflation sucks

#12 5 years ago

I just sold a pristine HUO with no mods for $4900 about a month ago.

#13 5 years ago

Years ago I traded SP and monopoly for a NIB POTC, loved the machine. I sold it about 3 years ago for 2600 and I miss it!

#14 5 years ago

I recently purchased a pristine HUO POTC with ship mod, plastic protectors, custom apron cards, led lit skull topper and playfield LED's. However it was a 2 pin purchase as I also purchased the sellers TOM. So 8K for the pair. TOM had full LED's, spinning blade mod, and upgraded sound. I have since added to POTC the FF backbox LED upgrade (looks awesome) and some very nice custom target decals. So I won't be selling it anytime soon, but $4500 would not do it. It' s a great game, difficult to reach wizard mode and just a lot of fun for a shooters type playfield.

#15 5 years ago

Also the POTC was manufactured in 2009

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

Also the POTC was manufactured in 2009

Sorry that's wrong... 2006

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index4.html

#17 5 years ago

I've got a sticker inside that says differnt

#18 5 years ago

I also thought it was 2006-2007, so wonder what the 2009 sticker is from?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

I also thought it was 2006-2007, so wonder what the 2009 sticker is from?

July 2006 and they ran them until 2007 and as far as I know they didn't do another run.
I don't know why it would have a 2009 date.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

July 2006 and they ran them until 2007 and as far as I know they didn't do another run.
I don't know why it would have a 2009 date.

Agreed... and the stickers are located on the exterior of the backside of the cabinet.

#21 5 years ago

I'll take a closer look when i can and post it

#22 5 years ago

Kicking myself for not getting 2 at 3200 a piece back then in 06 new. Playing one put in 300 or so games on selling it only to unbox a nib. Never thought i see the day a pinball went up in value.

#24 5 years ago

paid 5K for the one at the Chicago 2012 expo - was (and still is) in excellent condition - still gets played daily

#25 5 years ago

4000-4800 would be the range now...

#26 5 years ago

Paid 3800 for one with 36 plays on it last year. I got it in a three game purchase from a guy going through a divorce.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Merrick, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside