(Topic ID: 6055)

What would you like to see next from Stern, Avengers or AC/DC?

By tk375

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Avengers or AC/DC?”

• Avengers 56 votes
      66%
    • AC/DC 29 votes
      34%

(85 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crack.jpg
    The_Avengers.jpg

#1 10 years ago

What theme would you be most excited about? I like them both, but I would go for the Avengers if it ever gets done.

PD: thanks SealClubber for all your help.

#2 10 years ago

Not a fan of band themes even if it is by my favorite designer SR.Avengers for me!

#3 10 years ago

I voted for AC/DC simply because I don't want to buy it, hence I want it to come out next. That way my bank account will have time to replenish itself by the time The Avengers comes out.

#4 10 years ago

Don't really care for either theme. Game play is more important to me.

Quoted from tk375:

PD: thanks SealClubber for all your help.

No problem. I cannot fix a mistake in the poll section (Robin might). So at the posters request I deleted the thread so he could re-post it.

#5 10 years ago

AC/DC, easily

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Not a fan of band themes

I have to agree there. I have never enjoyed any band theme yet. The sounds for AC/DC could be great.

#7 10 years ago

Superhero themes are great, and band themes usually suck, but I still voted AC/DC hoping that the hard rock edge will make it the next GnR.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Don't really care for either theme. Game play is more important to me

+1
    ACDC were one of my favourite live bands back in the late 70,s but times have moved on.

#9 10 years ago

No contest--AC/DC all the way...!

#10 10 years ago

ac/dc here as well. no contest for me.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I voted for AC/DC simply because I don't want to buy it

I love your excuse JarJar..Hehe!!

#14 10 years ago

Both

#16 10 years ago

AC/DC, as long as it is better than what they did for The Rolling Stones. The Avengers if Stern get the rights to the sixties/seventies British TV series. I know nothing about the American version.

#17 10 years ago

Having a pin that runs on both household current and in your car would be great! So, AC/DC is my pick.

Oh, wait, I get it. The band. Then in that case, give me the Avengers.

Either way -- Keep em coming, Stern! Sure wish I could find a place to play 'em tho.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Having a pin that runs on both household current and in your car would be great! So, AC/DC is my pick.

Oh, wait, I get it. The band. Then in that case, give me the Avengers.

Awesome +1

#19 10 years ago

I'm getting a bit tired of the super hero/comic book/sci-fi stuff (for lack of a better term). And that is coming from a sci-fi fan and Iron Man owner that loves the game. I really like AC/DC and I'm ready for a band theme that finally interests me. So AC/DC gets my vote.

I played a GnR for the first time yesterday. I'm not a real fan of the band, but I have to admit that the game is really cool and I wouldn't mind having one. If AC/DC is as well done as GnR, I'll probably get one.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I voted for AC/DC simply because I don't want to buy it, hence I want it to come out next. That way my bank account will have time to replenish itself by the time The Avengers comes out.

Your logic is flawless.

#21 10 years ago

Looking forward to both but a little more interested to she how The Avengers turns out. Theme really does matter to me it adds to the enjoyment if I am into it. I do like the idea of both themes though.

1 month later
    #22 10 years ago

AC/DC is the one for me......

#23 10 years ago

What the hell is Avengers? Like Toxic Avenger from the 80's? That could be cool, I guess.

#24 10 years ago

What the hell is Avengers?

Not being a comic book guy, I didn't know what "The Avengers" was either when people first started talking about the pin ...

The_Avengers.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Oh, thanks. I guess AC/DC then, although neither theme would do much for me. Toxic Avenger would be much better!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Toxic Avenger would be much better!

That would indeed be an interesting pin.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't know what "The Avengers" was either when people first started talking about the pin ...

It only took you 47 years there gweem!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

It only took you 47 years there gweem!

The funny thing is that I generally consider myself to be really tuned in to pop culture. This is just one of those things that somehow slipped through the cracks of my knowledge.

#29 10 years ago

This is just one of those things that somehow slipped through the cracks of my knowledge.

You'd better go fish any other important pop-culture nuggets out while you still have it fresh in your mind!
    It's O.K., I will give you ten minutes gweem...

crack.jpg

Tick-Tock...

#30 10 years ago

Pearl Jam. They've only been irrelevant for 15 years as opposed to 30 like AC/DC.

#31 10 years ago

Avengers!.... but AC/DC would be nice to.....but Avengers first.

#32 10 years ago

Avengers-

Probably one of the few things in life that I am an "expert" on. Collected them since I was little and have owned every one at one time. Still have some high grade ones. This would be the ultimate theme for me. Pretty much every Marvel character has been a member, so they could pretty much have their choice on who to choose.

The big 3: Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor all have great movies.

Hulk, was an original Avenger is also going to be in the movie. (left after only 2 issues)

The only problem I see is superhero pinball burnout. BDK, IM, SM, don't know if collectors want a 4th one within 5 years of each other.

#33 10 years ago

I think if Borg is going with four ramps on this one (Avengers), it will be a really nice change of pace.
    With that being said- I am a ramp junkie! Even if the points are low, I can't resist looping away!
    I think I might have a problem...
    What's the # to the helpline again?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Pearl Jam. They've only been irrelevant for 15 years as opposed to 30 like AC/DC.

Kind of like pinball .

Jim

#35 10 years ago

Avengers all day long. Besides super hero rocking and powers lending to cool pin features kids dig super heroes. After RS, I don't want any more rock band pins. Guns and Roses is the only pin I've played with a rock them that was fun.

Stern missed the boat with the opportunity to do IM with AC/DC soundtrack.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

The only problem I see is superhero pinball burnout. BDK, IM, SM, don't know if collectors want a 4th one within 5 years of each other.

yes we do.

#37 10 years ago

For a music pin, I would go with something more offbeat. Radiohead and Nirvana come to mind as two easy licenses that would be worldwide popular. I'm always struck by how all the music pins are kind of Rolling Stones/Kiss/G&R/AC/DC hard-rocking as if people believe that's the only music pinball theme that would work. A Radiohead pin would be massive overseas, and a Nirvana pin would capture a young generation, since they seem willing to give up the license pretty easy. U2 and MJ are other licenses I can see that would have people actually spending money to play on location.

#38 10 years ago

AC-DC as Avengers does nothing for me.

Would prefer though a Star Trek that features something from all the different incarnations.....a LCD screen could make this a biggie!

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would prefer though a Star Trek that features something from all the different incarnations.....a LCD screen could make this a biggie!

now that is an idea

#40 10 years ago

Forget ac/dc how about a Metalica

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ok, Avengers after this one.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Totally agree...or better yet Slayer
    But Metallica would make more sense for a wider audience...

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

You would probably dig this then. I got some plays on it and the art and music was well done. Made out of an ES.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside