(Topic ID: 154588)

What would you like to see in a Star Trek code update?

By deibert

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Not sure if there will be another update, but this is what I'd like to see:

-The ability to start a mode on the plunge after a drain IF a vengeance mode was qualified but not activated and previous mode has ended.

-More black hole awards. Current awards seem to lack value (except add a ball and the rare light extra ball/special). Perhaps increase an warp level, increase spinner value, etc?

-Higher combo values for 3-, 4-, 5- way combos. This would allow more to do, and more points, when not playing mode.

-A feature to collect unique combos, as well as a DMD listing of what each unique combo is (such as RR, LR, LO). This would allow more to do and more points when not in a mode. This could count in bonus.

-The ability to stack modes, such as being able to chose the away team shot to start Galactic Mode or Left scoop to start another mode.

-Better sound and light in Maru Multiball. As it is now, the sound and lighting is anticlimactic.

Any things else you'd like to see?

#2 8 years ago

Some kind of fanfare for beating maru would be nice.
Some of the call outs are still overly repeated. ("We've got to get back to the warped tour") yes i know what it really says.
New mission start options.
I will not complain about the light show on this machine, but the start of Klingon multiball is so good, it makes me feel like more could be done elsewhere.
There are still bugs that need attention.
Can there be galactic modes for the other tiers of levels? Seems kinda odd that only level 1 gets the mode... oh well
I'd love to see the photon torpedo's used for more.. not just being hit in frustration after losing the ball... you know you do it too..
Please make the double field shot multiplier from completing DTD work on all shots taken.... not just the mission related shots... having the warp ramp not count kinda sucks

I'll stop now... for the record i absolutely love this game though

#3 8 years ago

different lightshows during Klingon multi (for jackpot, super jackpot, double jackpot, super double etc...)
better lightshow during Kobayashi maru
more blackhole awards

Just attained once Enterprise amok and lightshow was poor, but I drained quite early

#4 8 years ago

I just want bug fixes.

If you cancel Kobi Maru during metal count, light show does not cancel.

Music often gets stuck in Kobi Maru for rest of ball. Very annoying.

Often when you hit away team near end of mode it does not count.

When an extra ball and a vengeance mode is lit, you have to hit that shot twice. Makes no sense. Really sucks when your double scoring is about to end and you make the shot to start Kobi Maru and then it doesn't count.

Totally annoying to plunge a ball and not be able to start a mode because vengeance is lit. Vengeance modes don't advance the game or really generate any points except for the last shot in vengeance3. Why does it take center stage? Makes no sense.

It would be nice to see scoring balanced better. Getting 200,000 for combos, black hole awards, or shots in some modes seems silly when other basic shots are worth millions. If vengeance modes worth more points they would be more fun. I really like the end of vengeance3 but long way to get there.

Display could be used better to explain rules. Of course, I wish it was easier to start modes. Stacking doesn't seem possible because of medals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-a-star-trek-code-update?hl=pin_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.