(Topic ID: 278010)

What would you give up for more mechs in pinball?

By Ericc123

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With JJP pins I've found you don't have to give up anything.

Except speed and fun factor at least for me. Not trying to argue just saying, I think JJP does make a beautiful machine with lots going on, the trouble is that hasn't translated into fun for many consumers which is the business of making pinball machines. Thats why they can't compete with Stern, yeah sometimes those Sterns seem empty and not worth the money but damn are they fun to shoot and they are smart with theme choice.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yet many consumers love JJP games and think they are fun and fast. I've noticed the people that hate JJP games don't have have one and likely never will.

I don't why u keep going with that narrative, "Hate" JJP games? U know u are overly sensitive with this company. They have made what 5 games? isn't that a little low to suggest they "Never Will". U see what I'm saying here. Its great that u love all the mechs and feel ur getting ur moneys worth but that's not how the majority feels otherwise JJP would be a real contender.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What is this majority you speak of? The Stern fanboy narrative that JJP isn't a contender or a real pinball company because they don't sell as many games as Stern is beyond played out. JJP doesn't need to put out 4+ rushed pins a year with a minimal number of features to compete with Stern. That's not the company they are trying to be, that's not why JJP was created. Starting with Wonka JJP now has a model, their standard edition, to target operators while still having their high end game models that they are known for. The same could be said for Stern, they are not trying to be JJP and couldn't release 4+ games a year at that level. There's room for both companies.

This mindset that any company building high end products sucks and isn't a competitor is an odd one. I guess Rolex, and Ferrari should stop making products because they will never sell as many watches and cars as Timex and Ford. Those craft beer companies? They should just give up, they will never sell as many beers as Molson Coors.

Wow u really have gone off the deep end. I try to respect my elders and I'm not sure how old u are but I have to ask, R U ok? I mean that's disturbing. Ok u right. I'm a Stern fanboy and JJP is a "real" company, I always thought is was a fake company but u have clarified that and they are a contender and threat to Stern. Stern who rushes out good selling pins 3 or 4 times a year is I would think anyway very concerned about the new standard model and Wonka pin which is sweeping the nation right now. Its a good a thing that Stern does sell rushed apparently lack luster games cause they couldn't handle manufacturing JJP pins in that same efficient manor so thats good, as for that second paragraph I really think u might need an MRI or other test cause something's broken. My ridiculous answers show how ridiculous the questions are.

"The mindset that any company building high end products suck and isn't a competitor" where did u come up with that? Who said that? Get help sir.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-give-up-for-more-mechs-in-pinball?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.