(Topic ID: 278010)

What would you give up for more mechs in pinball?

By Ericc123

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tommy-dog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

What would you give up for more mechs in pinball?

Reinventing the wheel. Adding new stuff to a pinball machine that makes a pinball machine not look like a pinball machine. I play pinball to 'escape' the world problems and to be briefly removed from today's technology (ie phone and internet). This is why I hated the idea of JJP Dialed-In. When I play pinball I don't want anything to do with a cell phone or touch screens. This is why I am not a fan of this new Deeprot Pinbar thing. Maybe I am just too old (over 50) and the younger pinball players want to be 'dialed-in' to touch screen technology when they play pinball? However, how many 20-somethings are actually buying new pinball machines today?

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

No, they don't want it either. Early 20-somethings raised on smartphones go to barcades to escape, do something physical. Grab a beer, grab a joystick, shove a pinball machine, hook up, whatever. Same as it ever was. iPhone killed Megatouch seemingly overnight. No more thrill in playing touchscreens at the bar when you interact with one all day.

Then why do pinball manufactures do it?

Deeproot's goal, I thought, was to make pinball machines easier to build and therefore lower the cost. Adding unnecessary touch screens, playfield glass hinge systems, new leg level things, speakers near the coin door and playfield lift systems add to the cost/assembly labor to produce a game.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well are you asking aboot pinball manufactures or Deeproot?

Right. Deeproot has not manufactured anything yet so I'm sorry for calling them a pinball manufacture.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from WGPE:

Add me to the camp that bought all of them NIB and have one left. Stern’s are 10x more fun.

Totally agree, especially with the Hobbit. Every time I play it my ball times are way too long and I never have any fun playing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tommy-dog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-give-up-for-more-mechs-in-pinball?tu=Tommy-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.