(Topic ID: 278010)

What would you give up for more mechs in pinball?

By Ericc123

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Right. Deeproot has not manufactured anything yet so I'm sorry for calling them a pinball manufacture.

To answer your question more; They can also just suck at it even if they do "make" pinball machines.
    Remember Heighway and their horrible posterboard side cabinets? Stupid ass lifting PF glass system? Uff

#52 3 years ago

I don't want a pin that has everything on the pf just for the sake of having everything. Pop bumpers, subways, spinners, drop targets, bash toys, etc. are all great but not every game has to have all that. All you need to do is make a game fun to play. That's it. It's an art and just adding a bunch of mech doesn't make a game fun.

#53 3 years ago

I would give up JJP choice of titles. I have no interest in woz, wonka, or hobbit. Stern makes games of titles i’m into. These machines are gonna set in my house and i want something that is nice to look at when i am not playing it.

Also, if you call me to come over for movie night and you say you re showing woz or wonka i am never coming over. If you say you re playing avengers, iron man, spiderman, dark knight, deadpool, guardians i am definitely coming over.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boblabla:

If you say you re playing avengers, iron man, spiderman, dark knight, deadpool, guardians i am definitely coming over.

Ah, bringing the kids over huh?

#55 3 years ago

Playfield dimples

#57 3 years ago

How many diferent managers are at Stern? Sure they could cut down on a few.

#58 3 years ago

I love my Maiden pro. Awesome art, zero mechs. Mechs are or can be cool, but not always needed.

#59 3 years ago

Funny, to me the KEEPING the licensed themes is the best way to get more mechs. Here is why. We have been told many times the cost of a license (aside from the Beatles) is about $50 a game. For that price you get a lot of ready made music, sound bytes, artwork and even video. The savings in development cost alone will pay for the license. The other key reason is that licensed themes sell more. More machines equal more profit margin to increase the BOM or at least not cut it further.

In this day of stereo sound and high resolution displays, creating new characters and content is infinitely beyond the days of Gorgar and Atlantis.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Node boards.

that'll just mean less mechs

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Funny, to me the KEEPING the licensed themes is the best way to get more mechs. Here is why. We have been told many times the cost of a license (aside from the Beatles) is about $50 a game. For that price you get a lot of ready made music, sound bytes, artwork and even video. The savings in development cost alone will pay for the license. The other key reason is that licensed themes sell more. More machines equal more profit margin to increase the BOM or at least not cut it further.
    In this day of stereo sound and high resolution displays, creating new characters and content is infinitely beyond the days of Gorgar and Atlantis.

$50 per game sold + other up front fees?

#62 3 years ago

Get rid of the pop bumpers every once in a while. Not needed on EVERY game.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Get rid of the pop bumpers every once in a while. Not needed on EVERY game.

Indeed. Judge Dredd is great without pops.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-give-up-for-more-mechs-in-pinball/page/2?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.